Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream - Friday, December 23, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited January 10 in Announcements
1920_reminder.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream will be Friday, December 23, 2022 at 11AM Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

This holiday season, we have something very different and special for you. The ghost of winter’s past will take us on a journey, looking back at all the glorious things we’ve accomplished this year. We know you all are excited to get a glimpse into our office, and we’d like to give you a peek behind the curtain! To set expectations, we don’t have all our snazzy Intrepid Studios decor up yet, but we do have a ton of wonderful folks who are excited to meet you! Because of this, we won’t have a Q&A session for this livestream, but we hope that you will enjoy getting to know more of the development team and we’ll bring back the normal Development Update Livestream in the new year! ^_^

Get your mug of hot cocoa prepped and light that cozy fireplace, you’re coming to work with us! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Edit:
🎄 #ICYMI Check out our December Development Update! https://youtu.be/DF1d1pb6cME
community_management.gif
«1

Comments

  • poisonzpoisonz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    but but... my pineapple pizza question, how dare yee!
    AhuZFn7.gif

  • A question about travelling and exploring:

    Node towns and cities will offer a host of services that can differ, town-to-town. Message and contract billboards, Node-specific channels, and markets for stalls are some of what we know of, thus far. Can you give us a general idea of what kind of things we can expect to see/experience when entering a new-to-us township for the first time, and how we'll know to find our way around?




  • I'll ask no question. I'll just wonder :smile:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Ooooh, how many wonderful folks will we meet! I'd like to meet the bouncy tree designer and whoever thought of constellations.
  • Dual wielding question:

    Is dual wielding locked behind some talent or skill trees and can every class use dual wielding?
  • OzijakOzijak Member
    edited December 2022
    Merry Christmas all ^_^ Are we going to be able to interlock shields for extra damage mitigation or something like that? Be epic to see a shield wall in pvp ^_^ _ EDIT - Hahaha I totally missed the no Q&A part hahaha. Cheers Vaknar :)
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    A question about travelling and exploring:

    Node towns and cities will offer a host of services that can differ, town-to-town. Message and contract billboards, Node-specific channels, and markets for stalls are some of what we know of, thus far. Can you give us a general idea of what kind of things we can expect to see/experience when entering a new-to-us township for the first time, and how we'll know to find our way around?

    Vaknar wrote: »
    To set expectations, we don’t have all our snazzy Intrepid Studios decor up yet, but we do have a ton of wonderful folks who are excited to meet you! Because of this, we won’t have a Q&A session for this livestream, but we hope that you will enjoy getting to know more of the development team and we’ll bring back the normal Development Update Livestream in the new year! ^_^

    For this month, we put aside the Q&A to focus on other elements of this unique stream! We'd love it if you gave us your question in the Q&A thread next month! Thank you and stay awesome! ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    -T0Mb- wrote: »
    Dual wielding question:

    Is dual wielding locked behind some talent or skill trees and can every class use dual wielding?
    Vaknar wrote: »
    To set expectations, we don’t have all our snazzy Intrepid Studios decor up yet, but we do have a ton of wonderful folks who are excited to meet you! Because of this, we won’t have a Q&A session for this livestream, but we hope that you will enjoy getting to know more of the development team and we’ll bring back the normal Development Update Livestream in the new year! ^_^

    For this month, we put aside the Q&A to focus on other elements of this unique stream! We'd love it if you gave us your question in the Q&A thread next month! Thank you and stay awesome! ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • Vaknar wrote: »
    -T0Mb- wrote: »
    Dual wielding question:

    Is dual wielding locked behind some talent or skill trees and can every class use dual wielding?
    Vaknar wrote: »
    To set expectations, we don’t have all our snazzy Intrepid Studios decor up yet, but we do have a ton of wonderful folks who are excited to meet you! Because of this, we won’t have a Q&A session for this livestream, but we hope that you will enjoy getting to know more of the development team and we’ll bring back the normal Development Update Livestream in the new year! ^_^

    For this month, we put aside the Q&A to focus on other elements of this unique stream! We'd love it if you gave us your question in the Q&A thread next month! Thank you and stay awesome! ^_^

    Sorry my bad. :sweat_smile:
  • Got me by habit; always happy for a chance to post questions!

    We've gotten to meet a few of the Intrepid staff thus far, but an increased focus should be some fun! I recall watching a couple of panels at some gaming conventions you guys had done. It gave us insight into some of the developers' past experience - including titles yours truly had played.




  • Can't wait to finally see the office!
  • Vaknar wrote: »
    1920_reminder.gif?h=250

    Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

    Our next livestream will be Friday, December 23, 2022 at 11AM Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

    This holiday season, we have something very different and special for you. The ghost of winter’s past will take us on a journey, looking back at all the glorious things we’ve accomplished this year. We know you all are excited to get a glimpse into our office, and we’d like to give you a peek behind the curtain! To set expectations, we don’t have all our snazzy Intrepid Studios decor up yet, but we do have a ton of wonderful folks who are excited to meet you! Because of this, we won’t have a Q&A session for this livestream, but we hope that you will enjoy getting to know more of the development team and we’ll bring back the normal Development Update Livestream in the new year! ^_^

    Get your mug of hot cocoa prepped and light that cozy fireplace, you’re coming to work with us! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

    May I hold you, intrepid, to keep that statement true where you said, "you're coming to work with us!" ???
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Template.png
  • ScroonScroon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    will our characters be sensitive to heat and cold. and will the equipment be adapted accordingly ?
  • Will some group mounts weapons systems be support focused?
  • No QnA? Maybe next month we can get an extra long one then lol we have so many questions :smiley:
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2022
    whoops. nvm
  • AkaimeAkaime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sounds great and would love to see it, however im really hoping after all the hype its not just a studio tour, please give us a road map ❤️❤️

    That being said i understand i trepid doesnt have to do these monthly updates and anything we get is a bonus so thank you!
  • "you're coming to work with us."

    Is this possibly a double entendre foreshadowing of an Alpha 2 date?
  • S8credS8cred Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2022
    Santa could deliver alpha 2!
  • Hello, I am not sure if I understand this, if someone can please kindly explain the PvP always on system.
    So Ashes of Creation will have PvP always on system, while implementing features like flagging to deter people from doing the PvP. So what is the main purpose of the PvP always on system? Wouldnt it be better to have a toggle for players that want to participate, or have specific danger zones where PvP is always enabled (like slightly better drop rate or exp or something, risk vs reward for potentially being killed).
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    NiKr wrote: »
    Can't wait to finally see the office!

    We won't be doing an office tour, but you'll certainly get a small glimpse at the office! :)
    community_management.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Vaknar wrote: »
    1920_reminder.gif?h=250

    Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

    Our next livestream will be Friday, December 23, 2022 at 11AM Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

    This holiday season, we have something very different and special for you. The ghost of winter’s past will take us on a journey, looking back at all the glorious things we’ve accomplished this year. We know you all are excited to get a glimpse into our office, and we’d like to give you a peek behind the curtain! To set expectations, we don’t have all our snazzy Intrepid Studios decor up yet, but we do have a ton of wonderful folks who are excited to meet you! Because of this, we won’t have a Q&A session for this livestream, but we hope that you will enjoy getting to know more of the development team and we’ll bring back the normal Development Update Livestream in the new year! ^_^

    Get your mug of hot cocoa prepped and light that cozy fireplace, you’re coming to work with us! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

    May I hold you, intrepid, to keep that statement true where you said, "you're coming to work with us!" ???

    Everyone who tunes in on Friday will be joining us (virtually, of course!) at our San Diego, CA office! :D
    community_management.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Scroon wrote: »
    will our characters be sensitive to heat and cold. and will the equipment be adapted accordingly ?

    For this month, we put aside the Q&A to focus on other elements of this unique stream! We'd love it if you gave us your question in the Q&A thread next month! Thank you and stay awesome! ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Will some group mounts weapons systems be support focused?

    For this month, we put aside the Q&A to focus on other elements of this unique stream! We'd love it if you gave us your question in the Q&A thread next month! Thank you and stay awesome! ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    "you're coming to work with us."

    Is this possibly a double entendre foreshadowing of an Alpha 2 date?

    It simply means that if you join in on Friday for the livestream, you'll be joining us (virtually, of course!) at our San Diego, CA studio for some interviews with a few of our developers and a small glimpse of our studio! :)
    community_management.gif
  • Answering your question in Discord, I am the most interested in the department which will answer easy question: "When the alpha 2?":D
  • In the interviews, I would like to hear:
    > What aspects of AoC have been the most fun to test?
    > How do you brainstorm design options such as the recent blocking mechanic?
    > In the experience of the veteran devs what has been the most novel and challenging feature to work on?
  • protostarprotostar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    First, we now need fuzzy toe-less slippers as a recipe to make in game.... Second, to address the extremely attractive staff, anyone single? ;)
  • 🎄 #ICYMI Check out our December Development Update! https://youtu.be/DF1d1pb6cME

    🎥 Did you enjoy getting a glimpse of our studio and meeting more of our talented developers?

    (Updated OP as well)
    marketing.gif
  • BozvitalBozvital Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @MargaretKrohn Great stream! Thank you and the team for keeping us updated. I am extremely excited for what 2023 hold for Ashes of Creation
Sign In or Register to comment.