Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Which Ashes of Creation Class Are You Looking to Choose?

I have created a StrawPoll to start the year 2023, so that we can see what the player's current interest is class-wise in the game.

I understand that as of the making of this post, not much information is available regarding secondary archetypes.

However, let's have some fun and see what's on our minds:

https://strawpoll.com/polls/kogjkv8LPZ6

We will revisit this later in the year with a new poll, Fall/Winter time, to see if anything has changed to sway your choices!
tk21izrtnoxb.jpgThanks for making this image Azherae!

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks for the huge and accurate options. Old straw polls only used the base archetype.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Attached here is the results link, for those who do not wish to vote or check on previous results easier:

https://strawpoll.com/polls/kogjkv8LPZ6/results

Please let me know if it still works, or if any issues occur; Thanks!
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'll ping the squad.

Data collection go!

I have done my part and would like my 'I Voted' sticker.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Voted, but man, I'm not even decided on one archetype yet. At this point I expect I'll start 3-4 characters and hopefully one will resonate with me and become predominant early on.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Great to hear it y'all! Thanks for the help!

Sorry I don't have any stickers to provide currently.. here's a penguin instead!

qhbdwigem0f0.jpg

I plan to main as an enchanter to start. And then probably dabble in the cleric and tank archetypes for testing.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you.

The Squad has voted save one who is asleep but wouldn't do so anyways since we're on the same WiFi and would like to keep your poll Proxy-Free for now.

lhk7olq6ch45.jpg
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Voted Scout (ranger/rogue) but mostly because it's been a long time I've played an archer type.

I always feel a strong pull for melee. Many flavours of fighter and rogue are appealing, mainly Bladedancer and Charlatan ( x/bard).

But without the usual weapon and armour restrictions, there are so many character concepts that sound cool. Like a rogue or ranger dual wielding wands or a plate wearing mage concentrating on short range spells... We don't know enough yet to guess how viable these builds are, but this vagueness allows the mind to an almost pen and paper character creation flow of idea.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Thanks for the vote Percimes!

I haven't played any of the traditional classes in an MMORPG. I find all the classes in Ashes to be very interesting, as well as the freedom of weapon choice.

Cheers to the future of the game's development and your many future adventures!

t57t0tzrgsos.png
  • Brood Warden (Summoner/Tank)
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Converted the Sticker from wepg to jpg

3j1bqlb8g59l.jpg

And thanks for voting Strevi!
  • BobTheMagicalFishBobTheMagicalFish Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Voted Rogue/Fighter, but I think I may be tempted to play Tank or some combination of it purely due to their "hook and pull" skill. I'm a sucker for hooking skills.
  • Thanks for voting Ariysal!
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2023
    Neurath wrote: »
    Thanks for the huge and accurate options. Old straw polls only used the base archetype.

There's a reason for that. We have a reasonable idea what the archetypes will be like. (Though Summoner, Bard, and Rogue are a bit vague.) We know literally nothing about the classes.

Let me put it this way... It's not too difficult to say what the difference between a Fighter and a Mage will be. You can't say what the difference between a Tellsword and a Magician will be. We know absolutely nothing at all.

Hhak63P.png
  • Only one choice? I cant decide between like 7 different archetypes right now
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Necromancer, I want to use husbandry to have/create as many abominations as possible! Depending how toxic the journey in in the open world I might dabble with tank/something.
  • I can't seem to place a vote, but I personally think the Bladedancer will be my main class, if the Bard archetype turns out to be the way I imagine it to.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • I voted for Shadowblade. I would like to play a warrior kind class with some rogue like twist. It would be cool to ambush enemies (especially mages or healers) from the shadows and deal some heavy damage with axes or maces. :sunglasses:
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I went with the Conjurer, but really all the summoner classes. Man I hope they nail this archetype.
  • Thanks for voting everyone!

I'm a little surprised that the least chosen thus far is Bard Primary, followed by Mage's and Rangers.

Very interesting and loved reading everyone's character designs.
  • ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2023
    Voted,

I'll be using A2 to figure this out. I'm between Bowsinger and Songwarden, but it depends on Bard's and Ranger's schools of Augmentation and Bow Weapon passives.
    [img][/img]
  • novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I used to play Mage/Wiz/Ench but as of late been going Support

so anything Cleric/X or Bard/X
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • I used Scout as my vote, since that will be the first character that I'll make for live.

I will try each one, though, at some point.
  • Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited February 2023
    Unfadeless wrote: »
    I'm a little surprised that the least chosen thus far is Bard Primary, followed by Mage's and Rangers.

Interesting ... those are my three (3) favorite primary archetypes.

Looks like I will be shouldering a lot of the burden in testing these in Alpha 2 and beyond. :p

(if the poll results are representative of the Ashes gamer population)
  • DebaDeba Member
    edited February 2023
    So many necromancers paladins and clerics sheeeesh, I voted spellsword
  • Tank / ranger
  • Shadowmancers RISE
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Chose Predator (Rogue/ranger). Think Rogue will be my first character just because I want the stealth. Others would include Ranger/rogue, Fighter/cleric, Rogue/cleric, Fighter/ranger, Ranger/fighter, and maybe a mage/mage
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am the Wild Blade Prime
  • Gui10Gui10 Member
    edited February 2023
    Tank because I've had enough of waiting and being poorly led.

edit: I am unspoken about my secondary archetype, I will be chosing it more on playstyle than fantasy, so I'm waiting for more information.

edit again: tank/tank, tank/fighter and tank/cleric are likely my least prefered.
  • Templar, Predator, and Weapon master peak my interest the most thus far. see how alpha and beta testing goes. I will test all I can so I KNOW what I want to play at launch and not months after.