Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

AOC, Have You Considered a GameFi Business Model

Flow_StateFlow_State Member
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
AOC, Have You Considered a "GameFi" Meta DeFi / NFT / Play To Earn Business Model? Many NFT games are too low quality or low in content and this could really give real meaning behind playing in Ashes of Creation. Land sales could be incorporated into your already structured real estate model. I would seriously consider this, as you could easily find the funding you need and change from a subscription model to an own to play model. As long as players own some $AOC, then they can make transactions within the game. Just a Thought.. Let me know what you think! I would definitely heavily invest in $AOC if you created it as a base currency in-game.
All Things Noble are Touched with Melancholy

Comments

• Options
    UlfbrinterUlfbrinter Member
    edited November 2021
    This doesn't work because real estate isn't permanently owned. It's constantly shifting due to the dynamics of PvP. What you're talking about works for something like... Second Life, where I cannot physically take your house in your server. In this game, I can simply destroy your house and build a new one. Also, NFT's are stupid, lmao.
  • Options
    Okay so maybe not the same as the real estate, but still Items in game could be NFTs so maybe your ship only belongs to you and 200 others etc. We could use an $AOC defi coin that fluctuates and is needed for cosmetics, etc. and use a stablecoin for in-game dynamics if there is worry about the volatility.
    All Things Noble are Touched with Melancholy
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Tell me you know nothing about Ashes without telling me you know nothing about Ashes.

I wish people would just let games be games. Stop trying to use them to make a quick buck.

And no, they've already said they have no plans for NFT or the like.
    EVSoIN7.png
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Okay so maybe not the same as the real estate, but still Items in game could be NFTs so maybe your ship only belongs to you and 200 others etc. We could use an $AOC defi coin that fluctuates and is needed for cosmetics, etc. and use a stablecoin for in-game dynamics if there is worry about the volatility.

There is absolutely no need for this and it presents no advantages to you, the player, as the regular currency is what... some cryptocoin that you have to mine? What's the point of regular in-game currency earned via player interaction? None, right? This isn't an applicable model to this game and never will be.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Doesn't this just legitimize the black market?

i.e. make it entirely P2W?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2021
    They could get Arya Realty to promote Verra2. Maybe they could pay the Shark Tank guy while they're at it too. After all the problems this project had early days with legitimacy, announcing crypto or NFT plans could only ever be a good thing, right? Edited to add the /s.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Play To Earn Business Model
    This is not a suitable business model for a game that cost $50,000,000+ to develop.

There is a reason every game that uses this model is a third tier piece of shit game - it is a predatory business model designed to prey on those that do not know better, and who things they can use it as a means to eventually earn a living playing games.
  • Options
    Talents wrote: »
    Tell me you know nothing about Ashes without telling me you know nothing about Ashes.

I wish people would just let games be games. Stop trying to use them to make a quick buck.

EVSoIN7.png

Thanks Talents, I'm seeing a few posts from people that don't appear to have done any research on Ashes before putting forward their opinion (like me 12 months ago!). Maybe it's time to post the links....

"Hi Friend, Ashes of Creation has been in development for several years and there's a whole load of information that community members have put together to help get new followers up to speed with what we do and don't know about Ashes of Creation.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
    https://www.ashes101.com/
    https://asheshq.com/

These websites and associated videos will hopefully answer a lot of your questions and give a good framework for understanding the huge scope of Ashes of Creation. I hope this helps."
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Let me know what you think!

I think you should go "invest" in Earth 2.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Just as an FYI, Dreamworld is an MMO that is considering adding crypto/NFT features at some point.

Those wanting that from an MMO should probably look at that game - it has the quality of development needed for such features as well.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    NFTs are a fan that will die off in the next few years
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    McMackMuck wrote: »
    "Hi Friend, Ashes of Creation has been in development for several years and there's a whole load of information that community members have put together to help get new followers up to speed with what we do and don't know about Ashes of Creation.

These websites and associated videos will hopefully answer a lot of your questions and give a good framework for understanding the huge scope of Ashes of Creation. I hope this helps."

This should be sent out to anyone signing up to the forum!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    McMackMuck wrote: »

EVSoIN7.png

Thanks Talents, I'm seeing a few posts from people that don't appear to have done any research on Ashes before putting forward their opinion (like me 12 months ago!). Maybe it's time to post the links....

Or you could use google?
  • Options
    If they could devise a system that eliminates the black market while giving me an opportunity to make money while playing their game through the game itself without ruining the game in any way. Then I would welcome it. If it was an inconvenience in any possible way to the game itself though then I would say avoid it.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Here in Brazil a game developer is making a POE style game but mmo like Mu online, implementing some tools for community and content creators to work together within a block chain with duplicity to buy and sell certain tokens. The general idea is that if you don't want to touch this part you aren't affected, but it's a way to reward the community and the creators for the time invested.
    This is an area that has infinite mechanics of how it works, even if I don't know how this technology works, I wanted to read what you guys think it's super interesting to see another perspective.

block oni-chain
  • Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Merged one comment.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    People want this, and they wonder why all the games that do it are total shit. It's because they aren't games, they are poorly disguised gambling programs. Not only does this create legal issues in most countries, the point isn't that it's "fun", the point is to milk the average dipshit with a gambling addiction of all his money.

People who buy into these are either trying to scam people, or are one of the gullible rubes who are firing just the right number of malformed brain cells to willfully fork over their wallets for MS paint drawings of a toilet.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    EjectTheDeadEjectTheDead Member
    edited April 2023
    I think it's really interesting that you're suggesting a ""GameFi"" model for Ashes of Creation. It's definitely worth considering, especially with the increasing popularity of NFTs and play-to-earn models.
    That being said, I think it's important to approach any business model with caution and proper planning. Have you considered working with a financial advisor succession planning on this idea? They could help you create a solid plan for integrating NFTs and a play-to-earn model into your existing structure. It's also important to think about the long-term success of Ashes of Creation and having a plan in place for the future can help ensure that it continues to thrive.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I think it's really interesting that you're suggesting a "GameFi" model for Ashes of Creation. It's definitely worth considering, especially with the increasing popularity of NFTs and play-to-earn models.
    Great necropost, but both of those things are dying if not already dead :)
  • Options
    This is probably one of the most horrible ideas I have seen in the gaming industry - to huff so much copium that you think that being baited with "you can earn money with this" is actually good game design.

If you can't be bothered to play a game and have to be promised earnings from doing so, you are not playing, you are doing something to be compensated and payment is an indicator that you wouldn't want to without that compensation. It is a PR stunt at best - a short lived one which eventually ruins the game - it is P2W to have assets in the game be swallowed up via RMT and it is completely unneccessary for a good game.

Close this thread and shove it back into the crypt from which it was dragged.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think it's really interesting that you're suggesting a "GameFi" model for Ashes of Creation. It's definitely worth considering, especially with the increasing popularity of NFTs and play-to-earn models.

No one wants nft games except people hoping to scam other people with pixels.

n5eqaubfvw4b.jpg
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2023
    Imagine if we could make our own brand of personal NFT trading cards based on our ingame characters and their achievements! Down the big boss dragon for the first time? DING, unique NFT generated with your character standing on the dead monster in a hero pose. We would all be millionaires in no time.
  • Options
    Can you not just take a screenshot?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options

EVSoIN7.png

This!
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Can you not just take a screenshot?

That was kind of the point. ;)

NFT = Stupid.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Alpha_Bet wrote: »

The second any game starts saying NFT and Crypto, I really start to shy away. I get many games are going that rout and maybe one day we will say these things with the same level of frustrations as Cash Shop and F2P. I dont think this is a fit for the design of this game, as this was not in mind from the ground up. So IS keep the course pls.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Not just no. But hell to the no.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nemeses wrote: »

EVSoIN7.png

This!

This, too!