Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What does everyone want to see in the upcoming live stream?

ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Whats everyones thoughts? I personally hope either rogue or bard reveal leaning more towards rogue

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I'd like an update on nodes. What's their progress? Have we gotten to stage4 development or will early alpha2 only have up to stage3? What about the semi-randomized placement of buildings when nodes grow. What about racial attributes in architecture? What about design plans for the remainder of the unexplained nodes (from the "know your nodes" series of articles)? What about mayoral elections of different nodes, do we have any updates in design and if not, what exactly is the planned design?

In other words... nodes.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes, nodes! Social organizations (Thieves' Guild, Religious Orders, Bounty Hunters, Crafters' Guilds &tc.)

Freeholds and options for what to put on them...and how those work, grow and improve (Taverns, Blacksmith Forges, Fishing Ponds, Gardens, Livestock, and so forth).
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    I'd like an update on nodes. What's their progress? Have we gotten to stage4 development or will early alpha2 only have up to stage3? What about the semi-randomized placement of buildings when nodes grow. What about racial attributes in architecture? What about design plans for the remainder of the unexplained nodes (from the "know your nodes" series of articles)? What about mayoral elections of different nodes, do we have any updates in design and if not, what exactly is the planned design?

In other words... nodes.

you and me both mate but we are more likely to get a game launch than an update on nodes lmao, wishful thinking :pensive:
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    Yes, nodes! Social organizations (Thieves' Guild, Religious Orders, Bounty Hunters, Crafters' Guilds &tc.)

Freeholds and options for what to put on them...and how those work, grow and improve (Taverns, Blacksmith Forges, Fishing Ponds, Gardens, Livestock, and so forth).

id love to hear about the thieves guild and bounty hunters!
  • Options
    Send Nodes!

I would like to hear/see more from the environment team in general.
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3 wrote: »
    Send Nodes!

I would like to hear/see more from the environment team in general.

looks like the community has spoken Steven, Nodes it is?
  • Options
    I want professions. I need professions.
    I'm dying to see progression in mining, wood cutting, herbalism, and boat crafting. I want to see new materials to harvest, including animations, item icons, and sound effects. The icing on the cake would be an overview of regional locked rare resources.

New World and OSRS had the best professions. WOW was obviously the worst.
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Crafting please @StevenSharif :smile:

I have been waiting 6 years to test it out :smiley:
  • Options
    Naval content would be super cool too
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2023
    Weapons.

I want to see if weapons in AoC will be anything more than just:
    Passive procs..
    Q attacks...

I will make a topic about this later today.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Look at how the economy, trading and nodes might work?

Perhaps some back end screens such as stats, equipment etc
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Chicago wrote: »
    Whats everyones thoughts? I personally hope either rogue or bard reveal leaning more towards rogue

Id like to see some of this hybrid they keep talking about.

There is none so far.
  • Options
    Nodes
    Auction House
    Bard
    Stock Exchange
    Crafting

In order of preference.

I'm guessing Auction House and Stock Exchange won't be anytime soon b/c they still haven't hired the Senior Economy designer. In fact, I'm going to guess we won't even see these in A2. Boo.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Naval either ship building or the basic naval aspects.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    actual progression

but
    you know
    there is none
  • Options
    GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd love to see a naval update.
    bRVL6TR.png

• Options
    GarrtokGarrtok Member
    edited June 2023
    Iam not at all interested in class previews, imo totally not important in a new MMO. Important is, if the special core features of the game work. So nodes, naval gameplay, carawans, pvp in general. We need to see mechanics, not if the ranger has bowabilities and the mage a fireball
  • Options
    ErdunErdun Member
    Summoner!
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Node System 1st, also Caravan gameplay or Naval content,
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We have seen a fair amount of the landscape. Perhaps some more of the built environment (static and dynamic towns and cities)
  • Options
    Not going to dig for a time stamp, but can anyone else back me up on remembering Steven saying we’d be looking at professions next month? I’m pretty sure he said that during the livestream last week.
  • Options
    I would like to get some more insight into their internal schedule and progress. What they are working towards now and whats next (milestones). I know they wont share this so i have my hopes up for another class reveal instead or better yet CRAFTING
    the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing
  • Options
    Chicago wrote: »

I dont know if the bard will be ready before Alpha2, i hope so but we have 0 indication the bard is anywhere near playable
    the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing
  • Options
    TacquitoTacquito Member
    edited June 2023
    Sengarden wrote: »
    Not going to dig for a time stamp, but can anyone else back me up on remembering Steven saying we’d be looking at professions next month? I’m pretty sure he said that during the livestream last week.

1:14:34

In response to a question about how close we are to seeing a showcase on crafting, Steven replied, "we are pretty close," three times, in a tantalizing fashion.

I'd guess 2-3 months. Possibly next month, but I'm doubtful of that.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gFYd9TJiRDQ

• Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    👀
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Certainly want to see the rogue live stream.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    Freeholds
    Updated fighter showcase
    Summoner

Those are the 3 things I wanna see, freeholds being my favorite mechanic, fighter being my first class choice and summoner being my second.
  • Options
    HeljyHeljy Member
    Give me music *.*
  • Options
    A roadmap.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    I'd like to see more of the cosmetics as their in-game models. I used to like seeing the transition from concept art to in-game useable item. Was always nice to spot one that I'd bought, and giggle with glee at how awesome it looked.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/