Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dev Discussion #53 - Roleplaying

Comments

• Options
    ultraredultrared Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2023
    I like the ability to cycle through different animations or emotes.
    Maybe even being able to set default ones for my character.
    Different ways of sitting, waving, laughing ect.
    Having your character look at something when you click on it.
    "Crafters make the best shit" - Steven Sharif
  • Options
    .Additionally, the /emote command in World of Warcraft (WoW) is a noteworthy feature. When players utilize this command, their character's name is included at the beginning of the dialogue, such as "Thorbis leans back and looks up into the starry sky." This command enhances immersion by providing a clear and descriptive format for character actions and expressions.

I agree, but /me is easier to type, IRC style. That said, I guess /em would also work.

/me nods vigorously

• Options
    What systems and features make roleplaying fun?

Having open-world tools available definitely allows events-hosts to add to the environment and immersion of an event. We don't necessarily need BIG, view-obstructing props, like in SWG; Things like racing-NPCs to allow players to opt into something akin to a player-hosted/player-plotted race course around a Node/several Nodes are sufficient. Fireworks, visual-effect tools, and other small tools like this are typically sufficient. Maybe player-placed banners. Things that indicate something special is going on are just fine, for markers.

What features help remove hurdles and barriers?

The freedom to place either decorations or events-assisting NPCs almost anywhere are certainly helpful. Even if we can't place something in an area marked as a POI or boss area, the ability to place a racing-event waypoint for part of the race in such places is useful, as they usually wouldn't be visible to non-participants.

• Options
    Not sure if this has been said yet… but please make sure there’s a universal Mount walk speed.

In ESO your Mount speed upgrade level affects walking speed, which makes walks and talks almost impossible without a bunch of frustrating adjustment by all parties involved.

Thanks!
  • Options
    muhumuhu Member
    edited July 2023
    Hello.

I've been a hardcore roleplayer for over 15 years on multiple MMOs.
    Here's what I've learned over the years through observation:

90% of Roleplay, takes place in cities and towns. It involves simple things like drinking at a tavern, talking with friends, playing music and dancing, or running a store. The BEST things you can do for roleplayers are the following:

1) Most importantly, having a dedicated RP server.
    Reason: RPers are few in numbers, compared to the other players, having a dedicated server would ensure most (if not all) RPers end up in the same place, rather than have an already small community spread too thin over a few servers.

2) UI feedback. Bare with me, I will try to explain this one, it's very important.
    Reason: Let's say you are character A. Character B, C, and D are your friends standing next to you at the tavern. Character B suddenly says "Hey every one, how was your day?". Character B should have an animation that gets intiated automatically the moment they write something to depict them talking, maybe by stroking their beard or scratching their head, while adding ontop of the character a small chat bubble. This UI feedback makes character A,C, and D know that B is the one talking. A game that does this well is WoW. When you talk in WoW, your character does an animation as well as their body and face turns a little towards the person you are talking to. You can immediately tell who the character is talking to and when he is talking. A game that does this horrible ESO. In ESO, when a character talks, nothing happens. The character remains still and you suddenly see text show up, you spend a few seconds going "Who...On earth... Just said that" because their is no visual feed back of some one talking.

3) The server should have no instancing/sharding
    Reason: As stated in point 1, RPers are very few in number. If they are instanced, they will never meet random people in public and be friends with them If that's not possible, at least have NO sharding in cities so they can run into each other in the city and meet.

4) Some kind of tool to mute or report trolls.
    Reason: Unfortunately, Roleplayers are often picked on by none RPers. Trolls would show up and spam noise making emotes, or spells, while they RP'd to disrupt them. Countless times I have seen this happen, across any MMO I played, which often ended up in a roleplay hang out area getting abandoned or people starting to curse at each other.

5) Idle emotes like standing with a drink in hand, sitting down and eating, lying down etc...
    Reason: Since most of RP takes place in cities, most of the emotes are simple things like dancing, or drinking, lying down, leaning on a wall, smoking a pipe.

6) Character customization / outfits
    Reason: Roleplay is all about playing pretend and acting. You need to look the part. Though from what we have seen so far, you've knocked it out of the park so no comments there! Though having a First and last name would be nice. I don't want to see Ĵóĥñ because John was taken.

7) Some kind of tool to help RPers identify one another in the server
    Reason: Some games, like LOTRO have a tool. If you type /RoleplayOn, your name tag changes from Gold to White. If you type /roleplayoff, it changes from white to gold. So when you're running around and you see other players with a white name tag, you know they are roleplayers.

There are obviously much more features you can add to help Roleplayers, but this ones are very important and it's a shame some games completely miss the mark.

I hope this helps :smile:
  • Options
    muhumuhu Member
    prymortal wrote: »
    I played FFXIV on Balmung the "Unoffical" RP server from release & I just want to say for an unquestionable fact that RP'ers Ruin MMO's,
    They avoid content, when they do content they don't learn or do mechanics so you need to carry them, In fact in FFXIV I was the Bard who helped Blacklisted carry many of the server through Titan, when there DPS got tried, meanwhile I was playing from New Zealand @ 360ms Ping after release Which alone proves my point in Stone! They ERP in hidden areas using public chat & its at sickening levels.
    So to my point I have zero respect for RP'ers, Do us all a favor give them an Official RP server so we are not stuck with them & cater RP events AWAY from the rest of the player base!

Putting being rude aside, you are speaking out of your ass and have no idea what you are on about.
    I am an avid RPer, in a roleplay guild. And we're all heroic/mythic raiders on WoW. (Mythic raiding being the highest difficulty in wow if you are not aware.) We are NOT the exception and there are plenty of RP guilds on my server alone that do end game content (both pvp and pve). The only difference is that RPers when they are not doing end game content, like to dress up and play pretend instead of... Spend their night shitting on other players on trade chat or the forums.

But yes, I would welcome being put in a server that separates us from the likes of you.
  • Options
    The tavern ideas are cool, along with in-game 'min-games' like darts or drinking contests which others can spectate.
  • Options
    Once I seen some players role playing, arguing using in-game voice about dept and deception and one of them sacrificing his pig to appease the complainant. Being new to the game I believed the case was real.
    Whatever tools role-players get, they should blend well with the game look and mechanics.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd like to say, an "optional" proximity voice chat makes the game 100 times better. I will leave a video as an example of good healthy interactions with voice chat even in a PvP scenario

https://youtu.be/YGjOHpYv7vc
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    BergundBergund Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2023
    I have studied improv and scripted acting for years, roleplayed and hardcore-PVP'd in EQ2 on various servers for years with robust guilds and servers of characters, I've owned and played countless roleplay centric and competitive board games for decades, and I am currently in a very intentionally "RPvX" guild made specifically for Ashes of Creation, called Dünhold (if you're interested in playing a dwarf in Ashes of Creation, check us out)!

Recently, the best roleplaying experiences of my life have been in Red Dead Redemption II's modded servers, referred to as RedM, created for hardcore (24/7) roleplaying in the already immersive world within that game. There were players as "cops", "robber gangs", "natives", doctors, lawyers, a judicial system, shop owners, farmers with property and farm hands (VERY similar to the recent Freehold stream), hobos, you name it. PvP was not only encouraged, as your character would naturally respond to threats on their lives, or want to rob a bank (or a stranger) if you're in a gang and need to supply and feed yourself and your mates, but it was also regulated. There were many systems and server laws to support a healthy environment for players to feel protected to play their character without constant fear of gamification or griefing mechanics- e.g. "cops" would be within their right and power to physically arrest players breaking the laws in towns and send them to jail for a time to maintain the mechanics of the game's various systems, but ALSO the robbers would have systems within the server to allow them to break the laws and get away with it. All these systems combined created the most immersive and fulfilling RPvX experience I've ever had.

I will now break down what systems from RedM, and the other various experiences I've had with the games in my life, which I believe will translate well into Ashes of Creation's RP potential and PvX design:

• -- Large Emote List w/ Easily Accessed "Wheel of Favorites"

In any game that has a list of emotes that are free from the beginning, with potential for more either through in game means such as quest rewards or purchasable [with embers], the more the better. We as people, or characters roleplaying in a game, are very complex individuals. We have many emotions and physical traits that make us who we are. We could be old with a slight arch in our backs, which could be expressed through a type of passive characteristic in AoC, or others, such as "/sick" and they'd periodically cough and groan, or "/right shoulder injured", where our character would passively hold their shoulder as if it ached, or "/sad" and our character would mope and kick dirt when standing still. These are all passive examples, but there are countless other options for more active and circumstantial emotes: emotes that allow players to do "chores" (/sweep, /cleantable, /organize) around properties, nodes, or the world- this would allow for players to create their own tasks for others to do for payment or immersing each other in their agreed upon responsibilities. The more emotes for us to choose from as expressions of self, the better we can understand each other as we communicate these complex lives we are playing out.

With that, when I have had the option to select my favorites of the large list of emotes, and create an easily accessible floating "wheel" or list of them to choose quickly, it not only meant that I wasn't wasting quality RP time looking through a list (a type of "fail RP"), but it also built an identity of my character in other player's minds. When I repeatedly chose certain emotes, or could walk a different way than other players, it meant my character was building traits, making him more believable and identifiable to others.

The more emote options we have, to choose from to put into our UI's "favorite emotes wheel", the better our RP in AoC will be.

• -- Proximity Voice Chat w/ Volume Options

As it is in life, voice communication is not only more efficient, but it is also infinitely more complex and immersive than "texting". "Left on Read" is a meme referring to someone not responding to a text you've sent IRL, but it also can absolutely apply to a roleplaying scenario within MMOs, when waiting for a paragraph to be written out. The time it takes for two individuals to have a random encounter in the world of Verra through text is multiplied by 1) how fast the two separate individuals are at reading and writing 2) how complex the circumstance of their encounter is 3) how much complexity the players would like to maintain, and the list goes on. When writing just three sentences to someone, that someone could be waiting, standing there for longer than feels appropriate if text based RP is the only option. When a proximity voice chat system is implemented well, the conversation could take less than 5 minutes instead of 20 minutes or more writing / reading it out. What I mean by "implemented well" is a few key elements regarding volume, especially "whisper, talking, yelling" volume controls as the speaker - increasing the distance your voice can be heard in game, and the ability to mute players as a listener (ideally a sliding volume bar for individuals within proximity). When these systems are implemented into games, the ability to roleplay as our characters skyrockets and provides players the opportunity, if they so choose, to give their characters an actual voice in game - similarly how audiobook readers give accents to specific characters. Text based RP is not a bad thing, but I believe the systems available in modern games for proximity voice chat have amplified the potential for RP tenfold. It would be important to have the option to mute other players, as sometimes it is necessary (baby in the background, phone calls, musical preference differences, etc) to not let a "hot mic" interfere with the scenario.

• -- Random Encounters in Verra

In the board game Gloomhaven (had been a long standing #1 ranked game on BoardGameGeek.com for years), players delve into various dungeons, leaving the main city to return afterwards. Along both trips, to the dungeon and back, players are asked to draw a random encounter card, which puts players in an RP scenario where choices can matter. Sometimes it meant players were poisoned for the entirety of the dungeon they were about to venture into, or possibly they find an abandoned wagon and can take some free loot, or even still, players are asked to make a moral call, and feel the repercussions large and small- sometimes "nothing would happen". Similarly, in Red Dead Redemption II, the game had various "random encounters" from NPCs and the environment that simply was an opportunity for players to choose what to do, and it would have a dynamic effect on the situation. Sometimes helping an NPC ride with the players back into town to return home after an accident, or maybe a surprise ambush from NPC factions or "gangs". These are all events that are small and can feel pointless, but such is life sometimes, and if these events took place in Verra, the world would truly feel alive - possibly these events add some extra detail to the server's narrative and what's happening in the server's Story Arcs?

• -- Other points mentioned in this forum thread I support:

- Group emotes of various types
      - Customization options (colors, clothing, housing assets, in-game racial voice options) that make previous MMOs cower from the glory that is AoC
      - facial expressions / movements coinciding with VOIP?
      - NPCs with "lives / responsibilities they live out" with little to no interest in us players
      - functional furniture in the world
      - emotes that interact with the world (/lean on a post nearby, the post doesn't have much function, maybe a sign, but being able to interact with it in such a way makes the entire world of Verra an RPers playground)
      - "First Impressions" character sheets
      - complex heraldry customization for personalized representation of clan / family
      - RP tags for roleplaying identification, or any system that supports RPers finding each other fluidly
      - weather effects appearing on characters / clothing
    The coin is a rite of passage.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    A lot of long lists in this thread. Many more than I expected.

Honestly, I get to be a dwarf ranger in a new world to explore. That’s good enough role-playing for me.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    Second post here in this thread.

For Roleplaying, Voice Chat is not used. Especially proximity voice chat. It opens up way too many avenues of abusive behaviour. Not to mention it'll be difficult to moderate, that is of course unless you also spend resources recording.

Games where proximity voice chat would be perfect on paper has it not really work. Kids screeching, autism running rampant forcing you to listen to their sh***y music. You can ignore them, once you identify who is the culprit, not always easy in a busy place. (I hated the feature in planetside2) and I didn't even RP there.

There are third-party tools people will use instead. Discord being the primary one, because the sound will be better.

Too many negatives for so few positives, when the positives can be replaced by something as simple as Skype. If you want voice chat in your game, make it opt-in and party only.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ariatras wrote: »

For Roleplaying, Voice Chat is not used. Especially proximity voice chat. It opens up way too many avenues of abusive behaviour. Not to mention it'll be difficult to moderate, that is of course unless you also spend resources recording.

Games where proximity voice chat would be perfect on paper has it not really work. Kids screeching, autism running rampant forcing you to listen to their sh***y music. You can ignore them, once you identify who is the culprit, not always easy in a busy place. (I hated the feature in planetside2) and I didn't even RP there.

There are third-party tools people will use instead. Discord being the primary one, because the sound will be better.

Too many negatives for so few positives, when the positives can be replaced by something as simple as Skype. If you want voice chat in your game, make it opt-in and party only.

It always baffles me when I see posts like this, honestly, please name 1 single game without OPTIONAL voice or proximity chat?

it is Always optional, is most cases its turned off by default

there are absolutely zero reasons to be against something that will have no impact in your experience
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As a member of a single race themed mmorpg guild for over three decades my one lesson, complaint, concern,...whatever, is this.

MMORPGs create, some more than others, this dynamic rich lore in the worlds they build but then provide little to no mechanical support to enforce or encourage role playing. Single race or more class themed guilds and players should not be punished or handicapped with in game mechanics that favor ARAC, often in complete contradiction of the world's lore, guilds.

City racial nodes with all that come with it, races being allowed to access all classes and weapons, and guild mechanics with perks that favor racial themed guilds will go a long way to provide the path for more RP themed players and guilds.
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold.Hammers High!
  • Options

You can disable voice in game menu.
    To say no for voice chat because other people is like saying no trading because RMT.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Raven016 wrote: »

To say no for voice chat because other people is like saying no trading because RMT.

I find it funny that certain people don't want dayz or rust elements but then request proximity voip. Rp has been around much longer than proximity voip. You will find that the true rpers understand the issues with proximity voice and the rest just want to cause mayhem.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Since Addons or Mods are not allowed, I hope the team can implement the following things we have in ESO as addons :
    1. The RP Profile viewer supports in-game display of character info, biographies, and even a profile image!.
    2. A Virtual Notebook to keep track of everything you want to remember! Allows you to create as many pages as you wish to write down.
    3. A handy in-game app to track, sort, and browse through all the treasures in the world ! These are the treasures you find pick-pocketing, stealing, and doing other criminal activities.
    4. Gear Swapper : With this AddOn you create Profiles and Builds that may be activated with a single keybind or mouse click on the appropriate icon. Each build consists of auto equipping pieces of weapons, armor, jewelry, weapon bars including poison, skill bars and more. These AddOns are great if you want to have different looks and equip sets on the fly for Towns, Battles, different Zones climates or weather effects.
    5. Outfit swapper lets you create styles which can be applied by just one click. Mount, pet, outfit, title and appearance collectibles in easily loadable, nameable sets
    6. Idle Animations that gives personality to your character. When idle for several seconds, your character will perform an emote (animation). There are many different styles to choose from, even a Random option that cycles through all animations.
    7. Each emote or special action for easy accessibility of your items in Collections as clickable icon and/or Keybind them to a specific key.
    8. Ability to place your own markers that allows you to enter the marker description anywhere on the map. You can delete and edit markers in the map window.
    9. Add an option to edit (add/remove) a custom note to an item in your inventory.
    10. First person Mount riding

just a few off the top of my head, but the main one would be to make the UI completely non existent

I don't really follow the development of AOC so don't know if all those would apply or not to the game
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »

I find it funny that certain people don't want dayz or rust elements but then request proximity voip. Rp has been around much longer than proximity voip. You will find that the true rpers understand the issues with proximity voice and the rest just want to cause mayhem.

I am not a role-player and I cannot even say I understand them. But I like watching them.
  • Options
    BergundBergund Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2023

My intention for bringing up VOIP as a RP tool was in no way malicious for RPers, and instead I was hoping to build the potential for voice acting RP to be an option for those that have that interest. I would only suggest it for it's ability to enrich an already immersive world, with the potential for more RP. <3

I am an avid and passionate RPer, which leads me to believe I am also a "true Rper". The last thing I want is unmanageable "RP mayhem".
    The coin is a rite of passage.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Cry havoc and release the dogs of war! ;)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    TaakuTaaku Member
    Link specific typed words to play emotes when typed. ( I.E. if someone says hello have the character play a friendly wave emote)
    Going deeper, you can add a few emotes to the same word and have it play one randomly so chat feels more dynamic. (I.E. if someone says hello it doesn't always play a wave emote. Sometimes it'll wave, nod, salute, etc...)
    Going deeper yet again, add a queue to typed chat so every word with an emote attached to it will be played one after another instead of maybe just the first word caught in the chat.

All this together would make chatting in game feel more lively. Characters would react. Though I imagine this is.... a HUGE task so... not holding my breath.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I merely say no as it pertains to RP. It's not an RP feature, which is what is being discussed. It can be quite handy for random dungeoneering groups. Not for RP. In fact, for RP the implications are mostly negative.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've been following more closely since my last post here.

Almost everyone has very specific wants on features, been some cool ideas in here so I hope Intrepid actually does read the whole thread, there are a few dozen little things I dont think any one person would have thought of, regardless of how experienced they are with roleplay in online games.

And I think i will put my plug in again for my personal favorites.

1) Quality item transmog / dye system. [I think every single Rper here will agree with the need for customization to create their characters identity.]

and my specific niche desire because it really is important for me to create shareable content about my characters adventures, journeys, and stories.

2) A screenshot mode where time is frozen and I am left with extensive control on character and also party members posing. [What I mean is, I need to be able to create customized poses by moving around my characters bones so I can capture a moment of him walking down steps, or using his sword to block my friends sword as they spar or something]

And finally, a new plug I hope isn't laughed off by my fellow RPers here

3) Make sure the game is well suited for ReShade use. When I take these screenshots its very important to me to control depth of field, balance the lighting, and adjust sharpness/contrast or other elements to capture the best angle. Lots of games dont do well with external shaders trying to control depth of field, or ambient occlusion, or light rays etc. Please let this 2024+ release game be more of a game of todays age where I have more control of the content I capture and create.
  • Options
    RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Forgive me if it's been asked, but will you be able to write in books and add them to a library? People could come and read your books?
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    I think looking at what the GTA community has put out would be super helpful. I was never into it but that's mostly because the hurdles were a bit much at the time for me to get invested in.

Rather then just having a RP designated server. Create servers with bigger rules. Almost might want to allow some sort of Mods specific to roleplay and then plan on incorporating those mods into the server rule set. If not, allow the community to vote and request certain features that you can patch in.

I think with the growth of GTA and how popular it is and has been for a while. This type of support would be massively popular and almost like GTA, create a game inside a game. Would also answer your question.
  • Options
    Fiddlez wrote: »
    I think looking at what the GTA community has put out would be super helpful. I was never into it but that's mostly because the hurdles were a bit much at the time for me to get invested in.

Rather then just having a RP designated server. Create servers with bigger rules. Almost might want to allow some sort of Mods specific to roleplay and then plan on incorporating those mods into the server rule set. If not, allow the community to vote and request certain features that you can patch in.

I think with the growth of GTA and how popular it is and has been for a while. This type of support would be massively popular and almost like GTA, create a game inside a game. Would also answer your question.

I believe RP servers on GTA are player run. I actually haven't played GTA Online, but some people I used to like watching streams/vids of did. And given the abuse of admin powers witnessed at times. Them being player run seems to be the only logical explanation.

I don't think that'll be an option for Ashes.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    CemyaCemya Member
    On chat, would be nice to have voice-to-text conversion, both for better immersion and also to speed things along instead of typing. You can speak into your microphone and have it appear as text. Many people who may not like the anti-immersive aspects of using voice chat (whether in-game or on Discord) would probably love this option.
  • Options
    RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Cemya wrote: »
    On chat, would be nice to have voice-to-text conversion, both for better immersion and also to speed things along instead of typing. You can speak into your microphone and have it appear as text. Many people who may not like the anti-immersive aspects of using voice chat (whether in-game or on Discord) would probably love this option.

Yes would be nice. If nothing more for old people like me with severe arthritis and it's hard to type. I can handle either way but it would be a nice option.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    zedthoughzedthough Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Roleplay Profiles and built in tools for players and communities is the most important thing to have added in my opinion.

Other games facilitate this by 3rd party tools such as Total RP 3 in WoW. It provides a range of tools and features that enrich the roleplaying experience. These features include character profiles, customizable tooltips, emotes, and a variety of customization options. All of which should be considered baseline for Ashes of Creation.

A break down of the essentials to foster a Roleplay community in Ashes of Creation

A. Character Profiles:
    Allows players to create detailed character profiles that contain information about their character's appearance, backstory, personality, and motivations. These profiles help establish meaningful connections with other roleplayers by providing a glimpse into the character's history and identity.

B. Customizable Tooltips:
    Tooltips can display character names, titles, or even custom messages, giving vital information to other roleplayers without breaking immersion.

C. Emotes and Expressions:
    Providing expansive (free) emotes and epressions this allows characters to express emotions, perform actions, and engage in dynamic roleplaying encounters, making the interactions more immersive and engaging.

These profiles would allow players to establish and communicate their character's identity effectively. Here are some key reasons to consider why roleplay profiles are essential:

A. Character Development and Storytelling:
    Roleplay profiles provide an avenue for players to develop their characters' backstory, personality traits, and motivations. By creating comprehensive profiles, players can delve deeper into their character's psyche and establish a coherent and immersive narrative for their roleplaying adventures. This contributes to the overall richness and depth of the roleplaying experience.

B. Establishing Connections and Building Relationships:
    Roleplay profiles serve as a gateway to establishing connections and building relationships with other players. By sharing their character profiles, players can find individuals with similar interests, goals, or backgrounds. This facilitates the formation of roleplaying groups, guilds, and communities, fostering a sense of belonging and camaraderie among players.

C. Facilitating Immersive Roleplaying Interactions:
    Roleplay profiles provide vital information about a character's appearance, abilities, and backstory. This information enables other roleplayers to engage in meaningful and immersive interactions. Players can make informed decisions about how their character interacts with others, tailoring their actions and dialogues to fit the story and world of their character.

D. Encouraging Roleplay Etiquette and Respect:
    Roleplay profiles promote roleplay etiquette and respect among players. By sharing comprehensive profiles, players can set boundaries and establish guidelines for roleplaying interactions. This helps ensure that interactions remain enjoyable for all participants and discourages disruptive or inappropriate behavior.

E. Enhancing World Immersion:
    Roleplay profiles contribute to the overall immersion within the virtual world. When players invest time and effort into creating detailed profiles, it demonstrates their commitment to the roleplaying experience. This commitment, in turn, encourages other players to engage in roleplay and contributes to a more vibrant and immersive community.

Roleplay profiles significantly enhance the roleplaying experience within an MMO. Roleplay profiles and RP focused features provide players with a means to develop their characters, build relationships, and facilitate engaging roleplaying interactions. Together, these elements contribute to a dynamic and immersive roleplaying community, fostering creativity, storytelling, and a sense of belonging among their communities.

The most important thing here is if you don't develop the tools yourself someone else will and it won't be in your control.

We all patiently wait excitedly for Ashes to come out and I personally want to see it have a thriving roleplay community and having accessible Roleplay profiles all built in is one way to do that.
  • Options
    Things I'd Like to See...
    • Screenshot Mode - Allows players unique camera positioning and HUD removals to acquire screenshots, video, and better visualization of whats happening.
    • Emote Updates - Releasing new emotes through updates or RP style quests, this way players can keep their experience fresh.
    • Emotions - Emotes should change characters emotional state, facial expressions, and overall movements for the animation period.
    • Emote Wheel - A way to quickly react with emotes during a moment, allows us to customize our generic responses. It would also allow players to react quicker in-game during events, moments, and situations.
    • Emote Menu - Please, give us a database of our emotes, so we can visual see what we've collected, whats missing, how to enact that emote with slash commands or add it to the emote wheel suggestion.
    • Instruments - Taverns or homesteads with instruments, that way players can sit down and play them.
    • Wardrobes - In essence, allow players to manage outfits through a wardrobe. So they can switch between them effeciently, without digging through a horde of items.
    • Events - I believe in-town node events would be a fantastic way to provide RP players the opportunity to earn experience, gold, and or items through RP events in a developed node.

Things I don't want to see...
    • Breaking Philosophy - None of the implimentations should break the games core philosophy.
    • Group Finder - Please, by the gods, no group finder. It'll get abused for raiding, gold selling, and whomever knows what else.