Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is it me or Politics is an under hyped part of Ashes?

I can't wait for all the drama and toxicity/Politics once Ashes releases. I mean nodes are literally a breading ground where hate for the opposing team, pretty much everything that isn't an ally, thrives. Caravans as well as the open world pvp cements and further exaggerates the hate for the opposing team. This drama between rivaling communities is truly the main reason i am considering to play Ashes. It's taking that mmo community vs mmo community to the next level, and it's pretty  exciting. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    Ummmm.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Chanelle said:
    Ummmm.
    I know, so hyped

• Options
    Dun kill me I just wanna heal you to death - I'm innocent ^~^
  • Options
    SethGure said:
    I can't wait for all the drama and toxicity/Politics once Ashes releases. I mean nodes are literally a breading ground where hate for the opposing team, pretty much everything that isn't an ally, thrives. Caravans as well as the open world pvp cements and further exaggerates the hate for the opposing team. It's weird to say this since I am personally not a toxic person, but i can't wait to be a dck in this game. 
    Don't know about the "dck" or the toxicity part, but I am hype for the political intrigue, especially if it's a server full of RPers.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Kesarakk said:
    I am hype for the political intrigue, especially if it's a server full of RPers.

f you think about it, it's probably the most interesting part about Ashes. It's the reason i got hooked on it. The moment i heard lands that you can siege a node, i instantly knew that those sieged will not stop there. So, a rivalry begins. It's really interesting in my opinion.

• Options
    @SethGure

It was was of my hooks as well. I have always wanted something like this in a game, but most MMOs push that to the side, and the only way to find it is between RP guilds... which usually means that it's one person's storyline so they can feel like the main character and shun everyone else who won't stand there like a guard.

I would like to see how guilds effect the system, either by helping or getting banished from the region lol. I know my guild will have plenty of events once government offices are filled, invite the new leader over for a feast, get to now one another... and of course... ensure my guild not only stays in favor with the Node, but manipulate what types of buildings are built or where certain funds go, like for defenses or caravans.
  • Options
    Honestly, MMO drama is the only drama I can get into.

If the Kardashians were a guild of Dark Elves, questing every day, trying to down a raid boss while selling their perfume (is that what they do? I have no idea) I'd be a huge fan.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    selling their perfume (is that what they do? I have no idea)

Including them, no one knows what they do. 
  • Options
    Indeed the political intrigue and scenarios a game like AoC could present has really helped as a selling point for me to chip in during the kickstarter. Also when you combine it with other aspects of the game you get all out wars over resources, metropolises, land, religion etc. I honestly cannot wait to watch/revel in the chaos as it unfolds.
  • Options
    Not super hyped, but I'm looking forward to see if shrewd politicking will beat zerg voting for the science nodes.  
  • Options
    The politics is honestly one of the parts I'm most hyped about XD
  • Options
    You think this is a democracy you are mistake there is only one leader and that Pope Nagash 
  • Options
    The politics have already started! Half of the hype prior to release :3 Community grows and pre guilds are forming so who you meet and what you comment on now can impact your game experience later! o.o

• Options
    edited June 2017
    nagash said:
    You think this is a democracy you are mistake there is only one leader and that Pope Nagash 
    I don't know how valid that info is, but if it's like a pope dictatorship style, then the question remains, who will be the pope? To me, the fundamental intrigue ashes offers is the drama or politics over resources or valuable ruling sits that will secure the best for a particular gaming communities. However, what this community of gamers gained is deeply desired by other gaming communities. Hence, a rivalry. People will trash talk, tricky talk, and fibily talk (whatever that is) to increase their odds. To me, that's interesting. Dictatorship or not, democracy or not, there will always be conflict that will stimulate my brain :D

• Options
    I haven't even considered this... if there are politicians, does that mean I can play a Grima Wormtongue type? 
    Only without the death?
    Hmmmmm...... 

Diura said:
    ... who you meet and what you comment on now can impact your game experience later! o.o

Ok, so too late for no death then. Possibly if I go and hide in a cupboard?
  • Options
    It's not under-hyped, it's just brewing. It looks all fun and sunshine in the forums, but underneath it all, everyone is just ready to kill everyone else.  >:)