Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvE Players tell me why you follow Ashes of Creation

Comments

• Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    edited July 2023
    Ashes doesnt have PvE....righhhhhht. I guess it really is just a Battle Royale, Apocalypse never was a test, it was the real ashes all along.

5nhgl3l.jpg
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Ashes doesnt have PvE....righhhhhht. I guess it really is just a Battle Royale, Apocalypse never was a test, it was the real ashes all along.
    As I've said many times, and you quted above, Ashes has what a PvP player considers PvE.

By Stevens own comments, it will not have what PvE players consider PvE.

Again though, as I have said, that's fine. That is what Ashes is. It is not a game for people that want PvE content.

You know this.
  • Options
    1sab3la wrote: »
    You have the overwhelming need to defend and validate yourself to yourself while doing the same to someone you don't know. Also I never stated you were a narcissist.

So, these two sentences together are amusing.

You claim I do a thing in the first, and then you do the same thing in the second.

I'm quite sure that isn't how you see these comments - you likely have a perfectly reasonable justification for it.
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    Just because the content isn't instanced, doesn't mean it isnt PvE. Sure, it likely won't be for everyone, but to make the claim that the game doesn't have more than enough PvE content planned is a lie.
    You could argue that the ability to experience PvP while doing the PvE content can be a major turn off for some players. But to say Raids and Dungeons, professions, questing, node progression, guild progression, etc aren't PvE centric... you need a nap.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Or... since everybody can see through your pretentiousness, which is evident in every bloated but meaningless post you make, you can instead take the time to type about 3 PvE examples that you want to see in AoC.
    Mention the stage/background, the rules, the gameplay and group composition as well as the difficult parts.

Take your time for once and write something that would make sense. Mention something that "PvPrs dont consider PvE".
  • Options
    1sab3la1sab3la Member
    edited July 2023
    Noaani wrote: »
    You have the overwhelming need to defend and validate yourself to yourself while doing the same to someone you don't know. Also I never stated you were a narcissist.

You claim I do a thing in the first, and then you do the same thing in the second.

I'm quite sure that isn't how you see these comments - you likely have a perfectly reasonable justification for it.

Here you are trying to get the last word in. We both knew you would. I just wanted to see if you would move on if I said I would. Again proving a point. Thanks top PvE guy

Lol still defending also. I'm glad I don't know you irl
  • Options
    You could argue that the ability to experience PvP while doing the PvE content can be a major turn off for some players. But to say Raids and Dungeons, professions, questing, node progression, guild progression, etc aren't PvE centric... you need a nap.
    And arenas are PvP centric.

Yet if that is all an MMO offered PvP players, I wouldn't expect people that prefer PvP to play that game.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    But ofc you are going to stay irrelevant and talk about little things. As you did from page 1.
  • Options
    lp
    BlackBrony wrote: »
    Liniker wrote: »
    But Ashes doesn't really have PvE.

Dungeons & Raids both open world and instanced, POIs, Narrative events, world events with stuff like invasions etc, regional and world bosses, treasure hunting, Housing, 23 different professions across gathering crafting and processing,

Saying AoC has no PVE should be a bannable offense lol

Bro, that's not PvE. That's filler content. It's like saying that Arenas 1v1 is PvP, and that's all you have.
    That's the problem. You people think PvE is that, but it's not. It won't satisfy PvE players.
    PvErs want to run dungeons and raids, not pick flowers.

Why are you spreading mis information? They showed a early raid boss already that has mechanics as well. You can expect later on stuff to be more difficult than that so game clearly has pve with difficulty other than just killing trash mobs...

Kind of sad people out here trying tot rash things cause they got ntoing else better to do that creating actaul useful dialogue.
  • Options

Here you are trying to get the last word in. We both knew you would. I just wanted to see if you would move on if I said I would. Again proving a point. Thanks top PvE guy

As I said, we are mid-discussion. I'm not "trying to get the last word in", I am trying to have a discussion.
    Good bye as I promise you are not worth going back and forth with.
    I'm curious as to why you are still posting after saying good bye though. Are you trying to get the last word, perhaps?

Either way, I'm here for discussion.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited July 2023
    By the way I've seen noaani do all these things. Pattern is real.

Grandiosity: often have an inflated sense of self-importance and may exaggerate their achievements, talents, or abilities.

Need for admiration: They crave constant praise, admiration, and attention from others and seek validation for their self-worth.

Sense of entitlement: believe they are entitled to special treatment and may exploit or take advantage of others to meet their needs.

Lack of empathy: They have difficulty understanding or caring about the feelings and needs of others. They may be insensitive and dismissive of others' emotions.

Exploitative behavior: may exploit or manipulate others to achieve their own goals or maintain their self-image.

Sense of superiority: They often view themselves as superior to others and may look down on those they consider inferior.

Fantasies of unlimited success, power, or beauty: may have grandiose fantasies about their potential for success, power, or attractiveness.

Fragile self-esteem: Despite their outward confidence, may have a fragile self-esteem that is easily threatened by criticism or perceived rejection.

Difficulty handling criticism: They are highly sensitive to criticism and may react defensively or aggressively when their flaws or mistakes are pointed out.

Lack of accountability: may have difficulty taking responsibility for their actions and may blame others for their problems or mistakes.
  • Options
    1sab3la1sab3la Member
    edited July 2023

As I said, we are mid-discussion. I'm not "trying to get the last word in", I am trying to have a discussion.
    Good bye as I promise you are not worth going back and forth with.
    I'm curious as to why you are still posting after saying good bye though. Are you trying to get the last word, perhaps?

Either way, I'm here for discussion.

No your not and now you are just trying to turn it back on me after proving your that guy. I already told you I knew you would. You are that guy. By me telling you I wouldn't post it would drive your overwhelming need to reply. It's a character flaw you refuse to acknowledge. Not my problem just pointing it out. You are not having a discussion. You called someone a narcissist because you disagree with someone pointing out PvE content. Honestly you are not worth the energy to lift my finger to type this. I'm sure you'll keep going. You can't help yourself and personally I found it entertaining. Now I'm bored.

Btw... Didn't you say your friends don't like the game? Hopefully when the game comes out you'll move on by then.

Oh and now we have "directly" had interaction. Looks like I was right. Don't worry. People who smoke can't smell the cigarette smoke or people with bad BO. Same with people like you who have the need to feel superior and large inflated egos. lol mr top PvE guy who needs his way or the game is doomed. What a waste
  • Options
    No your not and now you are just trying to turn it back on me after proving your that guy.
    You're.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2023
    But Ashes doesn't really have PvE. It has no real endgame PvE that would interest real PvE players that enjoy endgame content.
    I've seen nothing like Rift's raid, something like Crucia where you kill a giant dragon with specific menchanics. It might be not super hardcore, but I haven't seen anything like that.

I mean, doing some gathering is hardly PvE.
    MMORPGs are not supposed to have an endgame.
    So Ashes not having an endgame is great.
    You do the same stuff at max level that you did before max level.
    Ashes has dungeons and raids before max level. Ashes has dungeons and raids after max level.
    And the content changes based on the rise and fall and rise and fall of the Nodes.
    (In addition to Seasons and other features.)
  • Options
    1sab3la1sab3la Member
    edited July 2023
    No your not and now you are just trying to turn it back on me after proving your that guy.
    You're.

Lol but you didn't point out other grammar mistakes. Again trying to make yourself feel more intelligent than you are. Again proving another point. You are so easy lmao
  • Options
    1sab3la1sab3la Member
    edited July 2023
    You're.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    You're.

Lol but you didn't point out other grammar mistakes.
    I stopped reading there.

People that know my posting methodology can probably pinpoint the spot in our discussion above where I went from trying to get a discussion going with you, to just providing myself with entertainment.

As the discussion since then has been purely about my own entertainment (a character flaw in myself, I'm sure you'll state), I had no reason to read your post after the point of finding a reply that amused me.

That reply amused me, so I stopped reading and replied.
  • Options
    1sab3la1sab3la Member
    edited July 2023
    You're.

Lol but you didn't point out other grammar mistakes.
    I stopped reading there.

People that know my posting methodology can probably pinpoint the spot in our discussion above where I went from trying to get a discussion going with you, to just providing myself with entertainment.

As the discussion has been purely about my own entertainment (a character flaw in myself, I'm sure you'll state), I had no reason to read your post after the point of finding a reply that amused me.

That reply amused me, so I stopped reading and replied.

yeah you think you are always right on here. This started from you calling someone a narcissist and I simply pointed out you might be talking about yourself. Then you feel the need to be like "who are you".

Yeah you have a track record on these forums and I just kind of hope you don't show up now. It's annoying to read through your over inflated egos post and your overwhelming need to be right and know everything. You don't want conversation, you want ashes to be more what you want. Again hopefully at some point you'll move on with your friends you claim to have. You use this stuff to make yourself feel important and give you a sense of authority. It's sad really. Yes someone needed to point out your major character defect. Obviously it's gone unchecked for a long time. Sad
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    edited July 2023

Yet if that is all an MMO offered PvP players, I wouldn't expect people that prefer PvP to play that game.

Not sure what your point is? There is also plenty of PvP centric content in ashes as well. And it all meshes together well with the PvE content, by design.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Not sure what your point is? There is also plenty of PvP centric content in ashes as well.

My point is, in a game with just an arena, a player looking primarily for PvP wouldn't be content. An arena is undeniably PvP - it just isn't the kind of PvP that a fully PvP centered MMO player is after.

An arena is essentially PvP for PvE players.

Ashes is the flipside of this. It has PvE for PvP players. It doesn't have PvE for PvE players - but it also isn't supposed to have that, that isn't the design of the game.

I'm not saying it has no PvE - but only in the way I wouldn't say a game with just an arena has no PvP.
  • Options
    yeah you think you are always right on here.

I mean, this is an odd comment. Do you ever say things that you don't think are right?

If I was about to say something I didn't think was right, I would stop myself and not say it.

I have, however, had my opinion on a number of matters changed after discussion on these forums - though that only ever happens when people actually discuss and have good points to make.
  • Options

Not sure what your point is? There is also plenty of PvP centric content in ashes as well. And it all meshes together well with the PvE content, by design.

No way you don't say. Did you read the part where I stated I came from a long like on games such as lineage, archage, daoc, aion. I left out more like EverQuest, Warhammer, guild wars crowfall but I only played before release and even NW.

It's almost like I would be attracted to ashes.. no way

/S just in case you needed it
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member

Not sure what your point is? There is also plenty of PvP centric content in ashes as well.

My point is, in a game with just an arena, a player looking primarily for PvP wouldn't be content. An arena is undeniably PvP - it just isn't the kind of PvP that a fully PvP centered MMO player is after.

Ashes is the flipside of this. It has PvE for PvP players. It doesn't have PvE for PvE players - but it also isn't supposed to have that, that isn't the design of the game.

I'm not saying it has no PvE - but only in the way I wouldn't say a game with just an arena has no PvP.

Raids, Dungeons, professions, questing, node progression, guild progression, exploration, economy..... mhmm. Totally just built for PvPers dude. All of these are just so trivial and pointless in terms of PvE and not the core of any PvE MMORPGs design.

BJV48GQ.gif
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Raids, Dungeons, professions, questing, node progression, guild progression, exploration, economy..... mhmm. Totally just built for PvPers dude. All of these are just so trivial and pointless in terms of PvE and not the core of any PvE MMORPGs design.
    I *GENUINELY* don't get what you are saying here.

Are you saying that someone that sees a game with no actual content they are interested in, but with a potentially ok guild progression system would play that game? If a game with only arenas as PvP content had a good guild progression system, I wouldn't expect someone wanting real (read, open) PvP to play. The fact that guild progression exists may be a factor in deciding between two games that have suitable content, but that is literally it.

Are you actually suggesting that guild progression is a substitute for content that such a player is after? I honestly really don't get what it is you are saying.

The same as the above can be said for professions and the economy. None of these are PvE specifically, and someone looking specifically for PvE would potentially look at these things only if they are deciding between multiple games based on their content.

As for exploration, that could appeal to a player like Dygz. It is not the primary concern of many players at all (I would suggest a fraction of a percent, but have nothing to back that up), and it isn't even a secondary or tertiary to most. It's like a senary consideration to most players, I would think.

As to dungeons and raids, the path that Steven seems to be going is that they are all designed as flash points for conflict. Again, this is fine. In fact, it is basically what Intrepid needs to do. But it does mean that the encounters aren't what a PvE player is looking for.

Again, I am not saying this is a bad thing. You yourself say that Ashes isn't for everyone, I am just taking that one step further and pointing out one group of players that Ashes isn't for.

Are we just supposed to say the game isn't for everyone, but then not talk about who the game is not for?
  • Options
    Say something relevant to the topic for once.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited July 2023
    I woke up and saw 60+ messages in this thread and thought to myself "how?", but then saw that it's just a 2v1 pvp about pve against Noaani and immediately understood everything.

Btw, I agree that Ashes has yet to present top lvl pve. I won't say that there's no pve in the game, but there's definitely no peak quality pve yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    NiKr wrote: »
    Btw, I agree that Ashes has yet to present top lvl pve. I won't say that there's no pve in the game, but there's definitely no peak quality pve yet.
    This is fair.

I'll continue to say there is none though - simply because in my opinion Steven has had more than long enough to talk about it if it was something he was planning on having in Ashes.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    NiKr wrote: »
    Only because quality PvE is not as fun to talk about as the PvP combat that occurs while contesting the quality PvE.
  • Options
    I'll continue to say there is none though - simply because in my opinion Steven has had more than long enough to talk about it if it was something he was planning on having in Ashes.

Sense of entitlement: believe they are entitled to special treatment and may exploit or take advantage of others to meet their needs.

Exploitative behavior: may exploit or manipulate others to achieve their own goals or maintain their self-image.

The reality is we will see more of when it is ready, reality is we still need the classes to be shown and know what tools we have to work with. With challenges needing to keep the tools players have in mind.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    Only because quality PvE is not as fun to talk about as the PvP combat that occurs while contesting the quality PvE.
    I'd say I strongly disagree with that. It's just very difficult to come up with and successfully develop a pve fight that's gonna be super interesting. While to create a great pvp fight you literally just flip a switch of "players can hit other players".

In other words, pvp is the lazy way.