Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

People talking about it. The HYPE is getting stronger.

AszkalonAszkalon Member
edited December 2023 in General Discussion

Aside from that i think to have also noticed that in the Time-Span of the last Four Weeks or so, People have been more active in this Forum itself than before,

apparently spread throughout the whole Internet, more and more People start to get "really" excited over the coming of Ashes of Creation.

And who could be surprised at that ? After the last Three Livestream-Representations. Suddenly, BOOM the Game seems to move forward to Completion in bigger Steps than what was visible before, right ?

Mark my Words, Everyone. The only thing that Ashes will need - > is to keep all Promises made. 2024 might as well be very well the Year of Ashes of Creation - even if the Game will not launch before 2025 or 2026.

It's like People can almost "smell" the Game drawing closer. And it's a nice and positive Euphoria all around. ;)
a50whcz343yn.png

Comments

• Options
    I need nose plugs. The smell is too strong I’m going to pass out. Wake me up when the game is out, I can’t take it.
  • Options
    MrNOOBY wrote: »
    I need nose plugs. The smell is too strong I’m going to pass out. Wake me up when the game is out, I can’t take it.

I too would love to jump in some kind of Cryo-Chamber and put myself on Ice shortly before at least Alpha Two is around the Door. x'D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    MrNOOBY wrote: »

The Creation is being burned to Ashes.
    You will get it in an Urn.
  • Options
    that smell was me... sorry
  • Options
    Caww wrote: »

QUICK !! Weaponize it against the fallen Form of the Ancients !!! :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »

since you mention it... I do have a few bottles already to go
  • Options
    After observing the development process for 1.5yrs I'd say that a full launch in 2026 is VERY optimistic :D
    Nevertheless, I also think there are some very exciting things coming in the near future.

Starting with the end-of-year stream, this has proven to me to be one of the best streams overloaded with information about whats coming.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It ebbs and flows like anything. More eyes on it recently has increased the hype for sure.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited December 2023

since you mention it... I do have a few bottles already to go

Like the Malt-beer against LeChuck, in Monkey Island - but Fart-Grenades against the demonized Ancients.
    😁 🤣👍

Kilion wrote: »
    After observing the development process for 1.5yrs I'd say that a full launch in 2026 is VERY optimistic :D

Could be, actually. I am very optimistic right now, because the last Development Updates looked like they progressed with the Game Development so fast.

I am also a bit confused. I thought they "do" use Unreal Engine 5 already ? I heard, if Intrepid starts to use it for Ashes, it might speed up the Development even more.

But anyways - i am just glad already that the Game starts to look REALLY good and closer to being finished for Release. 😎👍
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Could be, actually. I am very optimistic right now, because the last Development Updates looked like they progressed with the Game Development so fast.

I am also a bit confused. I thought they "do" use Unreal Engine 5 already ? I heard, if Intrepid starts to use it for Ashes, it might speed up the Development even more.

But anyways - i am just glad already that the Game starts to look REALLY good and closer to being finished for Release. 😎👍

They do progress a lot with the systems, yes, but I think there is a GIANT mountain of specific content to create within these systems, there are core systems missing (augments and naval to name two big ones) and then there is the amount of time it will take to balance the system to ensure that the game is not just PvE or PvP.

As far as I am aware the UE5 implementation is mostly done, they developed the tools that indeed increase design speed but since they said they want to still hand craft the regions this probably means that the time of designing the biomes has been cut back from 5 years without the tools to 2,5 years - something like that, these are not reliable numbers to show that speed improvement doesn't necessarily means that the game will be done in 3 years.

I also am very satisfied with how the game progresses, it'll be one hell of a feeling when it is finally done :D
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    They do progress a lot with the systems, yes, but I think there is a GIANT mountain of specific content to create within these systems, there are core systems missing (augments and naval to name two big ones) and then there is the amount of time it will take to balance the system to ensure that the game is not just PvE or PvP.

I am aware. Now i could imagine the Game to come out in 2026 or 2027 easily.

However - right now i have just a Feeling and an Impression that the Game is going bigger and bigger Steps, faster to Completion. Since around Two to Three Months. I could be wrong, though.

As far as I am aware the UE5 implementation is mostly done, they developed the tools that indeed increase design speed but since they said they want to still hand craft the regions this probably means that the time of designing the biomes has been cut back from 5 years without the tools to 2,5 years - something like that, these are not reliable numbers to show that speed improvement doesn't necessarily means that the game will be done in 3 years.

I also am very satisfied with how the game progresses, it'll be one hell of a feeling when it is finally done :D

I guess we just have to wait and see. In around September to October or so - Sir Steven said that the Game is not Years away, didn't he ?

So when it's not Two Years and above, correct me if i am wrong -> but that means the Game will be finished and released around September to October 2025, won't it ?

I could imagine Problems in Development delaying it, but i like how confident Sir Steven sounded when he said that.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    My body is ready! o:)
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The game might release in 2026.

There are still base classes that have yet to be shown, much less the upper classes. The map is not finished yet, along with all of the quests associated with each map. I also imagine there are dungeons to be finished. End game content has only been partially put in with a few raid like bosses done. We have yet to see Navel warfare of any kind. In fact we have seen little in the way of ships. Crafting has been started but I imagine it still has a ways to go. They have come along way with nodes but that too is unfinished.

There is still way to much to do...
  • Options
    Mahes wrote: »
    There are still base classes that have yet to be shown, much less the upper classes.

I think the "upper" Classes You mean, are just Classes with a few Abilities of other Classes, also called Sub-Classes, right ?

While i get your Point, it might turn out simpler than it sounds with developing them to a State that will satisfy the Developers enough, to have it ready at Release.

If later on, they might be still satisfied with something - they can still buff or nerf the Extra's from the Second Class, which were added to the Archetype/Base Class.

The map is not finished yet, along with all of the quests associated with each map.

I would be shocked actually, if i would have already heard about the Map being finished. I have a good Impression of just HOW. VASTLY. MASSIVE. the ingame World is.

The Presentations we saw took all Place in just "one Part" - of "ONE Area"(Biome).

I have a good Guess. Such a fine, gigantic World is being made. And i mean only the Landmass without addressing the Ocean's, or the Underdark/Underground-World.

I also imagine there are dungeons to be finished. End game content has only been partially put in with a few raid like bosses done.

Indeed. Could be that we see this in 2024 already, though. If we don't, then i fully believe it might be in 2026 at least. Even if that would conflict with Sir Steven's Statement from before.

We have yet to see Navel warfare of any kind.

Naval ... ... 😁

In fact we have seen little in the way of ships. Crafting has been started but I imagine it still has a ways to go. They have come along way with nodes but that too is unfinished.

There is still way to much to do...

From at least One Scource (Person) on YouTube, i heard however that the Development Team got way bigger a while ago. Even without Unreal Engine 5 helping them out.

Just being curious. How much does this affect the Development Speed ? 🤔
    a50whcz343yn.png