Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crafting Game Layer (Mini game) Ideas

kalkazkalkaz Member, Intrepid Pack
Hello! I have no idea what intrepid has planned for the crafting game layer! I have an idea that I think would be fun to explore and I'd love to hear other ideas for this! Any opinion on my concept are appreciated!

(Also I like the idea of exploring skill based crafting)

For my idea, it's specifically for 'Weapon Smithing'. It doesn't have to be limited to it, I just like the idea of several different game layers existing. It’s just the ‘arm wrestling mini game’ from outlast trials. It's a common design I've seen used as a lock picking mechanic, to start generators in dead by daylight and etc. As you gain more proficiency (in a design or pattern) the area to click gets bigger. If you fail the game, you get the stats expected from the craft, no real punishment. If you win or get a perfect score, you get a chance for a small increase of stats or other benefits. Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

Comments

• Options
    chibibreechibibree Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2023
    Intrepid had considered a mini-game option -- the quote from Steven here is from back in 2018 -- but I am not entirely sure they are keeping with that as a main focus. He did say about having an outline for crafting a sword, there is more info here:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Crafting_mechanics

I think your idea is interesting though! I know that in the latest stream, one of the devs mentioned they are inspired by Star Wars Galaxy so we will see in the coming year or so if they reveal more.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I think processing should have some mini game elements to it for qualities and specifications of final product such as purity and refined.

Easy bake oven crafting is boring.
    All of these listed below can easily have some element of minigame to them especially if you want to produce the finest quality grade in my opinion

7daz2dl4vfgp.png

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    for me is absolutely not in regards to processing mini games, same for crafting, hate it, it should be about logistics and resource acquisition I just want to get things on the processing station press start and come back 5h later once it's done, thats it for me
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    for me is absolutely not in regards to processing mini games, same for crafting, hate it, it should be about logistics and resource acquisition I just want to get things on the processing station press start and come back 5h later once it's done, thats it for me

Couldn’t agree more especially when results depend on a mini game after farming resources for God knows how long. Not for me personally.