Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character Creation A2 + Release Question

Dragon's Dogma 2 released their character creation yesterday, 2 weeks ahead of release for users to perfect their arisen and pawns before jumping into the game. Any templates created will transfer over to full release of game. So my question, has Steven or the team said anything regarding doing something similar with character creation? And would it be the same for character templates we have created in A2? I'm the type who can sit in character creation for HOURS...
m6jque7ofxxf.gif

Comments

• Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Dragon's Dogma 2 released their character creation yesterday,

GRRRR !!! ^.^
    xx9ra85c9m93.jpg

2 weeks ahead of release for users to perfect their arisen and pawns before jumping into the game. Any templates created will transfer over to full release of game. So my question, has Steven or the team said anything regarding doing something similar with character creation? And would it be the same for character templates we have created in A2? I'm the type who can sit in character creation for HOURS...

If Hours are what is needed for Perfection, then Hours the Character Creation shall get ... ... >:)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Would love a Character creator..very fun and a way to see the art of the items purchased with the preorder packs.also have the religious art and tenits
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »

"Testing for character creation before A2 is coming very soon" Love! I just hope we get to keep that data from CC in A2 for launch.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Dragons Dogma character creator is pretty damn goood, I'd say it is pretty much benchmark. Minus hair customization.
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Dragons Dogma character creator is pretty damn goood, I'd say it is pretty much benchmark. Minus hair customization.

Right! I really love that you can test your character in different environment lighting and also change the way the sun is facing you.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Did not find in the DD2 one (perhaps missed) but hope to see a random character generator so you can experiment a little before fine tuning!
  • Options
    I think I spent more time with the CC for Mask of the Betrayer than I did playing the game. Not for the physical form, which was just ok for the time, but for skill and talent building to a level 20 character. You could import a level 20 NWN char or build your own to start. Spent days on each class and there were a LOT of them. And multiclassing.

But I digress. I just hope IS allow a decent lead in time of CC access before launch. I'm sure they will. El Stevo is a big CC dude and it just makes sense.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    edited March 9
    akabear wrote: »
    Did not find in the DD2 one (perhaps missed) but hope to see a random character generator so you can experiment a little before fine tuning!

It's on Steam, PS5 and XBOX for free to test out :)

m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    "Testing for character creation before A2 is coming very soon" Love! I just hope we get to keep that data from CC in A2 for launch.

WuhUUHHH !!! <3 Thanks, DarkSorcerer.

jxca60200lej.gif
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Some of these characters are wild

hqd67r0xli7u.png
    qartfo8y2lc0.png
  • Options
    ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes thank goodness they will release it early for players to lock in a look we love, otherwise I won't lie I would pick the first random POS looks I saw just to get in the game as fast as I could! Should of seen my character in New World, I still have nightmares!
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn/featured
  • Options

Problem with that is if there are any changes between Launch and when you save your Character Creation template at Alpha-2, your template might not be compatible any more.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

Problem with that is if there are any changes between Launch and when you save your Character Creation template at Alpha-2, your template might not be compatible any more.

Obviously just a "save" option that transfers over to the actual release would be ideal, but... I suppose that worst case scenario one can just screenshot / log the options used (provided that they are "called" the same thing - either haircut A or "Swappatusenous")... I've done that many times before during EA releases! :']
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    Siiigh.

Is it true and apparently it is " only " for the PI-(Phönix Initiative) Members ? Because that would be kinda a Shame. I mean, what would be bad in releasing a Character Creation Program ? Is it to prevent Spoilers ? Because that would be one Reason i could understand. ^.^
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Lots of helpful infight here :)

As @NiKr mentioned, Steven and Margaret recently chatted about this!

Here's a timestamp to that exact moment ;)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    PawketsPawkets Member
    My question is: since the character creator will be able to be accessed before Alpha 2, for the Alpha 2 testers. -- Will the character creator be under NDA still? I would think some of us would want to stream our character creation.
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Siiigh.

Is it true and apparently it is " only " for the PI-(Phönix Initiative) Members ? Because that would be kinda a Shame. I mean, what would be bad in releasing a Character Creation Program ? Is it to prevent Spoilers ? Because that would be one Reason i could understand. ^.^

They're ironing out the major bugs before the Alpha-2 guys get their hands on it.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    They're ironing out the major bugs before the Alpha-2 guys get their hands on it.

Wait. Out of the Character Creation Program, too ?? (o_Ô)

I am aware of the nice Job that the PI-Members do. I wonder how firmly they are also invested in testing the Game again and again. Probably five out of Seven Days a Week or so ? I wouldn't be surprised if it's an actual Job. More so like everyone else who will do any testing.
    a50whcz343yn.png