Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The only thing I wish AoC had when it comes to...

The only thing I wish Ashes of Creation had when it comes to classes is the DRUID. Is it possible to get some feedback from the developers on this request? If it is not possible to create a new 'Class' due to the current limitations of the class matrix then I have a possible solution... just add a new nature skill tree to the Cleric (or whatever class is most appropriate for the Druid). I'm sure I can't be the only one that enjoys playing a Druid -- one of my favorite classes in AD&D.

Comments

• Options
    PyrololPyrolol Member
    Will probably come out in a later expansion, at the moment there’s no shapeshifting classes but still 64 classes to play around with
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    VelkynVelkyn Member
    Yes, that's why I said 'due to the current limitations of the class matrix'. And why I also suggested adding a new skill tree to an appropriate class in the class matrix. I would like to hear from a Dev or, even better, from Steven Sharif himself.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Velkyn wrote: »
    Yes, that's why I said 'due to the current limitations of the class matrix'. And why I also suggested adding a new skill tree to an appropriate class in the class matrix. I would like to hear from a Dev or, even better, from Steven Sharif himself.

You might need to give a bit more detail about what exactly you'd want this Nature augment to do, for any chance at getting a really specific response.

The wish for Druid is pretty common (often as Cleric/Ranger or Ranger/Cleric in my dataset), but there isn't a lot of specific concept given, usually.

Without the shapeshifting, what defines a Druid enough that Intrepid could do something for you?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    McShaveMcShave Member
    As Azherae said, lots of people are asking for a druid class.

I would like to see a full primary archetype for druid, but that would involve adding all the secondary augments and new augments for other classes (a lot of work)

I would be happy to see this in a future expansion. For now you could play summoner and just pretend you are the summons? I bet they will have different kinds of animal summons: bear, bird, wolf, etc.
  • Options
    VelkynVelkyn Member
    Azherae wrote: »

You might need to give a bit more detail about what exactly you'd want this Nature augment to do, for any chance at getting a really specific response.

The wish for Druid is pretty common (often as Cleric/Ranger or Ranger/Cleric in my dataset), but there isn't a lot of specific concept given, usually.

Without the shapeshifting, what defines a Druid enough that Intrepid could do something for you?

To save space, because there is a lot if I were to type it in, simply refer to the AD&D version (and levels) of the Druid class, what spells would possibly be available, etc.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 10
    Azherae wrote: »

To save space, because there is a lot if I were to type it in, simply refer to the AD&D version (and levels) of the Druid class, what spells would possibly be available, etc.

This is why I ask. I'm quite familiar with Druid, but there is practically nothing in it that converts to Ashes except 'having some healing spells that look like plants' basically.

Is that sufficient?

EDIT: For clarity, I'm assuming you know that there don't seem to be any CURRENT plans for players to be able to shapeshift into other creatures as part of their class fantasy, but there are probably already current plans for players to have animal companions (e.g. Ranger/Summoner being Falconer).

So when I say that there's nothing that converts other than 'basic spells', I'm factoring for that.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    PyrololPyrolol Member

tn64jymsga64.gif

Bro giving some Karen energy 😂
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    I would like to hear from a Dev or, even better, from Steven Sharif himself.

Every Dev and even Sir Steven would probably say the same.

It will come when it's done being programmed - and also they must first finish everything else they have planned originally,

and since +5 to +6 Years or so already, ( :D )

and then they can think about maybe granting a new Archetype, Subclass, whatever Combination - and one of these may be the "Druid". If it is the new Archetype directly - or just a Mix-Class due to the second Class/Archetype added to it.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    From the Druid talks in the past 2 years and the feedback we have from Intrepid, I came to believe that:
    • There will be no Druid à la World of Warcraft - no transformations, no role hopping from 100% tank to 100% healer to 100% DD to 100% magic DD
    • The "Shaman" class (Cleric + Summoner) has decent potential to be a nature style healing class
    • A Beastmaster (Summoner + Ranger) has potential to be a nature based DD/support class

So I'll explain a few things about this in more detail:
    The transformation/shap shifting debate ties amongst other things into lore. Magic and supernatural abilities in Ashes are done through the Essense, that is channeled through the Mortal Coil to produce these supernatural things. To do so, one has to dedicate oneself to something (thats why the are also called Archetypes). In other words, there is this raw material (Essence) that you need to produce miracles (our supernatural abilties) and to process that raw material you need a processing machine (the mortal coil, powered with mana). Since the world is complex and profound, shape shifting is difficult and the changes that can occur are limited.

Regarding my predictions on "druid substitutes" like the Shaman & Beastmaster:
    During the Fighter livestream we have seen, that Goblins can also use the skills of a fighter, most obviously the whirlwind. To me that is a very clear indication that enemy design is also based on the 64 classes and enemy skills can be used as a hint to what different classes may look like. e.g. during the "Ranged Attacks Update" we saw a Minotaur Shaman creating a watershield for himself. This could easily be an augment for one of the cleric abilities, that changes is for example from a small heal to a shield with a water visual effect.
    Due to the enemies shown in previous streams, based on the names we are given in the class matrix and the fact that we can choose basically any weapon we want for our character I conclude there will be ways to construct a "druid".
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    VissoxVissox Member
    They will add it when the money dips and they need that furry demographic. oswtda8ltqiw.png
  • Options
    VelkynVelkyn Member
    Hahahaha! You guys are hilarious, love your sense of humor. Hey, I'm just one guy expressing what I would like to see. If you don't see it as feasible, it's ok. The reason I am seeking a response from 'management' is due to the fact that everyone has an opinion and speculation -- if I get s response from 'higher-up' then, to me, it carries more weight.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited April 11
    Hahahaha! You guys are hilarious, love your sense of humor.

What about 'this' then ? >;-3

Telandras wrote: »
    MAGA gamer detected?

The MAGA-Country Biome will be in the Alpha Two when Donald Trump gets re-elected. (lol)

There, we will smith and hit the hot Iron with either our Forehead, our Fists - or OUR D***'s !! And there is nothing that the screeching, shrieking Feminists who constantly scream things like toxic Masculinity can do about it.

Buy the hidden MAGA-Preorder Pack now. And get access to the Golden Shoes that fit one very Character of every Race and can be worn EVEN BY TULNAR with Hooves. :D

--- --- ---
    --- --- ---

If i would have programming and Picture-editing Skills able to create Fake Screenshots of Verra, i would had make the "golden MAGA Shoes" of Donald Trump and edit them into golden Footwear for Tulnar with Hooves. :D

Plus shopping the notorious Haircut of Donald Trump on Node NPC's and put a Pixel over the Place where the D*** of a Character would be, making it look like he hits the hot Iron on the Anvil with it. :D

Maga Biome !!
    Awaken the vulgar Gamer inside You. Buy the MAGA-DLC for Alpha Two even today. :D . :tongue:

That would have been a funny April first Joke. Although i know it wouldn't have been everyone's Taste.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    1) I've though a lot about a Druid, and I can't think of good way to add a nature magic class to the matrix of classes. The only time a Druid is a "base class" is when it's a healer, and we already have that.

2) I'm pretty sure we have it from Steven himself that shapeshifting is not something they are going to pursue in the original release of the game. Honestly, I could imagine an expansion that brings in a 9th archetype called Shapeshifter that works like Summoner. Being able to fulfill all 3 roles, depending on secondary

Aside from shapeshifting, I think if Ranger has a "Nature" augment line then we can probably make several druid-like choices using Cleric/ranger, summoner/ranger, mage/ranger. For example:

The cleric AE stun could have a nature augment that turns it into an AE root with vines and a DoT. All the gold healing beams could have nature augments that turn the colors green and leafy, as well as other bonuses
  • Options
    The only thing I wish Ashes of Creation had when it comes to classes is the DRUID.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aYShSqaHWw

Just kidding. I am surprised to read it is not in the game currently?
    Saw this chart a few weeks ago with the classes and "hybrid classes". Is Druid not among them?
    Can't believe it. In one way or the other I believe it will be. Maybe just not labelled as such.
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Dripyula wrote: »
    The only thing I wish Ashes of Creation had when it comes to classes is the DRUID.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aYShSqaHWw

Just kidding. I am surprised to read it is not in the game currently?
    Saw this chart a few weeks ago with the classes and "hybrid classes". Is Druid not among them?
    Can't believe it. In one way or the other I believe it will be. Maybe just not labelled as such.

I bet classes being added will be something for future expansions. No point making every class at launch. I can think of a few classes that would be a fun addition. Druid would be one of my top votes. Bard / Druid could be a cool combo. Or a Druid / Bard :)