Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What do you think data usage will be? (mobile hotspot question)

DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
I'm wondering if Ashes will run off a hotspot. I'm fine at home, but I'm wondering if I can pair to my mobile hotspot with my laptop during alpha when I'm away. It looks like modern MMOs and MOBAs use about 50 to 100MB per hour of data. Have we ever gotten any info on what Ashes will consume?

Comments

• Options
    LeonerdoLeonerdo Member
    edited April 12
    My uneducated guess would be pretty close to an average MMO. If you do a lot of large PvP battles or World bosses though, it'll be a little bit higher. Still not even close to the amount of data used by video streaming.

Remember the devs also want to keep server communication low to keep their own ISP and server costs down, so they're not gonna dump data on you for no reason. And Ashes doesn't do anything super complex or precise to require lots of data all the time. (We'll see if they add a bajillion cascading proc effects/DoTs though...)

Only when it comes to those 100-player battles, or monster sieges, you might see a spike from all the extra characters moving around and attacking for a long time.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I used to mobile data to play ESO whole camping. In an hour I would use about 400gb when PvPing. When PvEing it was much lower.