Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

some fun thoughts about the poison augment

i think we can be pretty safe saying the rogue will get a poison augment and personally, there are 2 routes this could go for some intersting zest with the first i like the most is inspired entirely by the character fade from the manhwa 'doom breaker' also known as 'the reincarnation of a suicidal battle god' who basically uses these cool as hell giant poisoned needles as well as literally invibes all the poisons he makes not just for resitances but because the nature of the poisons actually enhance and strength the bodies of those who survive them making him super physically strong despite being an assassin who fights with poison and especially with thrown needle weapons. honestly i just love the concept of fighting with thrown poisoned needles while literally using your own poisons to give you temporary buffs to your speed and even strength when you use your needles in close range with a needle/ throwing needle weapon is definantly something that should be added in an expansion after the game fully releases.

the other route is one born of the fact that i personally often dislike classes that require a lot of gathering for consumable items as i find it tedious and makes using the consumables just feel bad but also the fact that i like this theme for a poison type build where it goes down the magical route especially since it could still use poisoned needles and infact, maybe make better use of them with telekinesis and more importantly, the ability to make magical poison which lore wise would be weaving mana into a curse so powerful it takes physical form as a thin layer of poison coating your blades which you can control and fling at your enemies and hell, maybe you wouldnt even need to make a throwing needle weapon as you could just make a needle skin for the daggers and than have it so for example, fireball would be replaced with you sending homing poisoned needles at your opponent and sleep you be you sending a needle coated in a sleep curse poison and so on! :D

Comments

• Options
    Sounds Fun, buuuuuut ... ... 😁

If the Poison Augment becomes just a l~iiiiiittle bit to convenient - it will get nerfed most likely because an estimated Two Thirds of the Players or above will use it all the time. 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    sounds similar to the poison system in RO, there was a basic poison damage that was it's own element on the chart along with fire, earth, holy, etc. a poison status effect that caused DoT, then there was the assassins poison crafting and enchant deadly poison. pretty fun system, the crafted poisons would coat your weapons, main one was deadly poison which gave a huge dps boost, drinking it would have a chance to increase attack speed, anyone who wasn't an assassin who drank it would instantly die
  • Options
    Ap0ph1sAp0ph1s Member
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Sounds Fun, buuuuuut ... ... 😁

If the Poison Augment becomes just a l~iiiiiittle bit to convenient - it will get nerfed most likely because an estimated Two Thirds of the Players or above will use it all the time. 😁

fair, ultimatly i only throw concepts out for people to look at and to get people who could actually make something similar to my ideas ACTUALLY work can make it work somehow ;D