Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What subclass builds would you like to see?

ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Just wondering if there's any combinations of the games mechanics to allow a build you liked in another game. I want to do a build like the Scholar was in FFXIV Storm blood where you had some decent dots you could stack and deal okay area damage. job sense got nerfed cause people cried when they got asked to dps as a healer but I really miss it, a lot going on and a very frantic kit to play as. The Scholar did have a pet you used to be able to manually heal with as well, usually i would sit the pet near the tank and precast it's heals while trying to dps and a healer to shorten the time spent in fights. hoping cleric/summoner can do this.

Also looking forward to seeing if you can optimize party dps as a tank/bard by having party buffs in the form of a haste or speed effect, anything really that would bring up a groups overall dps

so whenever the game is testing secondary archetypes I'll definitely try playing with cleric/summoner (shaman) and the tank/bard (argent)

Comments

• Options
    As much as i would of Course love to see a bit of " Summoner/Cleric "-Type Gameplay. ( ... ... >;-] ... ... )

I think they will first need to get the Classes whole and "finished" anyway as Base Classes/Archetypes : and even then it will still be a Work in Development until what i think is the Middle between Alpha Two and Release.

Could take a Year. People keep saying the Alpha Two might take several Years. I pray to the Gods (lol) that the Testings of the Community invited to them will work great and successfully.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 21
    Dreadnought (fighter/tank). If it's at least viable with dual wield, I will choose that.
    I dont like playstyles in which I can kill a target without a decent resistance.
    I like sturdy playstyles for myself that give my opponent a chance to put up a fight.

Since the Fighter already has a defensive stance I think that I will enjoy 1v1s and small scale pvp with a tanky subclass.

If the system however fails to avoid the narrow metas, which usually results in games with "play as you like" classes, then I will pick the meta for fighter dual wield. We will see.
  • Options
    DrezdenDrezden Member
    Shaman
    fyosrcgrbxmp.gif
  • Options
    Falconer, Strider & Scout

Purely selfishly from what i'm probably going to main, these are my 3 favorite class fantasies from a Ranger toolkit. Hopefully Intrepid will be able to pull them off successfully.
  • Options
    IskiabIskiab Member
    Bard, I also want to see how the class combinations work.
  • Options
    Bladedancer(Fighter,bard)
    Bladecaller(fighter,summoner)
    all of the mage augments
    all of the rogue augments
    necromancer
    For the empyre !!!
  • Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

kanersen wrote: »
    Falconer, Strider & Scout

Purely selfishly from what i'm probably going to main, these are my 3 favorite class fantasies from a Ranger toolkit. Hopefully Intrepid will be able to pull them off successfully.

have you ever played RO? only game I've seen with a good use of something like a falcon.
  • Options
    Summoner/Tank or Fighter/Tank or Bard/Tank (people do not seem hyped about tank secondary)
    Summoner/Cleric (people want this class and it is rather valuable to see how cleric secondary works)
    Tank/Mage (bruiser tanks could be underrated, understanding the value of damage secondaries would be valuable)
    Bard/Rogue (what does this do)
  • Options
    Not to sound foolish, but in all sincerity, when is comes to learning about the classes of AOC, I have 64 requests in no particular order. And I am no rush.
  • Options
    Im really excited to see how necromancer works out. It has to be a completely different grahic on spells, before it makes sense to even have a necro.
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    I honestly don't want to even make these comparisons. The reason I am here is that the available MMOs all stopped being fun, so I am not looking to recreate anything particular from that time. Some chapters better remain closed. I just want this new game to have good design, if in some cases that turns out to match something that has worked in another game for me - great. If it doesn't I honestly don't feel all that sad about it.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    SettiteSettite Member
    Ideally I'd like to play the assassin. Assuming it's damage output is as an assassin's should be. I played nightblade in eso and enjoyed harassing/killing the back line. This was back before the imperial city dlc however. If assassin doesn't hold up to the fantasy, then il probably play fighter with maybe cleric augment or bard if it'll let me sustain good enough.
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am very interested to see how almost any X/summoner will work.

The combos I am most interested in are Shaman, Enchanter, Soul Weaver, and Templar.

The classes combos I think they should showcase to show off the augment system most effectively are: Necromancer (Light & Dark versions), Paladin, Warlock, Soul Weaver (magic/ranged?) or Tellsword (physical/melee?), Templar (melee) or Oracle (caster), High Sword or Spellsword, Battle Mage, Strider, Predator, and Broodwarden.

I think these would cover some of the more popular classes people typically would expect like Paladin or Necromancer as well as some of the roles/playstyles people would expect coming from other MMOs like a Battle Mage type class or High Sword. As summoner can quasi-fill some additional roles showing the necromancer (especially the light version) and a tank version I think it is important as that is a bit of a different path than one would expect from a summoner class. Wild Blade could be interesting too if they can summon spectral weapons like Guardians from Guild Wars 2 or actual weapons like Blade Masters from Blade and Soul as a representation of more of a DPS-focused summoner.

The tricky part is any class can use any weapon so playstyles can still vary but I think painting the picture of some of your tried and true classic DnD-type combos will help frame most people's expectations of the class and augment systems.
    signature.png
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    Sentinel (ranger, tank) and Scout (ranger, rogue) for me.
    Also v interested to see how the Bard will work in PvP & solo.
  • Options
    edited April 26
    What I'm hoping for is a mage build where I can CC my victims and snare them with extremely high mobility and shields. I don't really care for high burst. More on survivability here. Basically my sorcerer in ESO lol
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    For me, I don't care the combo and what brings it. I would like to see a shapeshifting druid type class. That lends to different play styles.

I would also like to see a nature based pet class like WoWs Hunter. Archer that can tame Pets in the world of Verra.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Sentinel and Strider.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    For me, I don't care the combo and what brings it. I would like to see a shapeshifting druid type class. That lends to different play styles.

I would also like to see a nature based pet class like WoWs Hunter. Archer that can tame Pets in the world of Verra.

With the right augments the closest you may get to this would probably be Beastmaster (Summoner/Ranger). I would assume based on the name they will summon regular beasts. Weapons aren't classes specific so you could use bows. The skills might be a bit weird though.

As for a druid I am hoping Shaman (Cleric/Summoner) with Py'rai augments gets close to that nature aesthetic. I don't think we're going to see a shapeshifting class though. As much as I would love one to be available as druids are one of my favorite archetypes.
    signature.png