Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Summoner and Bard

I think it is very safe to assume we will see every other archetypes at launch of a2 in some aspect, but do you think there is a chance we will at least get a demo vid of bard and summoner before the a2 drops? I would love to at least get a little peak of summ since I will only be playing it once its available to be touched,

Comments

• Options
    LerithielLerithiel Member
    Maybe they will, but I'm not sure. I haven't heard anything about it yet either. I honestly hope I get to see this too.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    I have the Impression that "if" we see a bit of Bard and Summoner Footage, it might be the very last two Presentations before Sir Steven gives the green Light for Alpha Two.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    SnowElfSnowElf Member
    We've seen a very small teaser of Bard before, so we know that it's in development. I would expect either Bard or Rogue to finally make an appearance before Q3 brings about Alpha 2. I believe next month is going to be a huge stream for Ashes of Creation in a few aspects, so make sure to keep an eye on their twitch account for those monthly streams!
    I am obsessed with anything magic.

• Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steve gets excited about summoner in general whenever the idea of summoner is braught up, so I think if they had something to show off they would.

They haven't really shown anything on how pets work in general or talked much about it so I'm hoping they're making some nice tech around the pet systems because he does seem hype for the animal husbandry system
  • Options
    TryolTryol Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 1
    Do you guys not watch the streams? 🤔
    Steven mentioned yesterday that they will showcase the bard in the next few months.

What's a bit concerning though, is that he was asked about the Rogue, Bard and Summoner and he only talked about the bard. I'm hoping we get the rogue at least on A2 launch.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    The Rogue archetype is hiding. They'd showcase it, but the 'detect hidden' spell hasn't been coded yet.

There's an order to these things, my friend. ;)
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    Tryol wrote: »
    Do you guys not watch the streams? 🤔
    Steven mentioned yesterday that they will showcase the bard in the next few months.

What's a bit concerning though, is that he was asked about the Rogue, Bard and Summoner and he only talked about the bard. I'm hoping we get the rogue at least on A2 launch.

steven said that we wont see the summoner at the beginning of a2, but he recently said that we might with high chances.

steven also said over a year ago that we would see the augment stream and the tank stream very soon. we only got the tank stream, been waiting for the augment stream. I'm starting to lose faith :(
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    We did briefly see a mob using summons in a previous showcase btw, with a sort've ghostly green effect to them. Which may be a glimpse of what to expect.
    I forget which showcase it was though.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    If I remember right. Every one of the base classes will be in A2. Not sure if they said it will be at the start of A2.
  • Options
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    If I remember right. Every one of the base classes will be in A2. Not sure if they said it will be at the start of A2.

Everything will be in A2. It's going to be feature complete by the end. The only thing worth discussing here is what'll be there at the start of it.
  • Options
    edited May 3
    I think Summoner is definitely not getting a preview before Q3. Rogue could, but I doubt it'll be shown before A2's launch, since Bard is the next archetype to be showcased.

It'll probably be Bard, Rogue, then Summoner, in that order, and I'd bet money on that, and yes it bums me out but I'm willing to wait.
  • Options
    IskiabIskiab Member

Everything will be in A2. It's going to be feature complete by the end. The only thing worth discussing here is what'll be there at the start of it.

Why would you think A2 will be feature complete? It’s an alpha, I would assume it wouldn’t be feature complete.

• Options
    edited May 5
    Iskiab wrote: »

Why would you think A2 will be feature complete? It’s an alpha, I would assume it wouldn’t be feature complete.

You don't have to assume, Steven confirmed multiple times that A2 will be feature complete by the end of it.
    Here is one of those times:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GSdvV1dB0&t=4129s

But even if he didn't confirm it, Alpha 2 will run until launch, and almost all games are feature complete by beta, let alone by launch. Beta 1 and 2 will be very short testing phases purely focusing on polish, the game will be pretty much complete by then.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Because A2 is a true Alpha.
    Beta means feature complete and only doing bug testing.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    (similar UDPCast here)

@Frontieren - if you missed the AMA, we now know that Summoner and Rogue will not be available at start of Alpha-2.

This does not mean that we may not get some kind of Preview, but I would not personally assume that they have enough to even preview of either one, at this time or soon, and it would 'take up a slot' for something that A2 players don't benefit from having information on.

Bard, we may get something for, but I'd kinda hope not, if Summoner and Rogue aren't in, then Bard almost 'can't' be conceptually solid, since any specialized buff concepts related to having either of those in the party, can't be tested by us, at least.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    blatblat Member
    Azherae wrote: »
    @Frontieren - if you missed the AMA, we now know that Summoner and Rogue will not be available at start of Alpha-2.

Just to add here that Steven also mentioned both the Rogue and Summoner are planned for the very next update after Alpha-2 launch.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    blat wrote: »
    Azherae wrote: »

Just to add here that Steven also mentioned both the Rogue and Summoner are planned for the very next update after Alpha-2 launch.

That's exciting. Would be really awesome to get a picture of how the classes could synergize together. Really want to see the complete vision of all the classes.
  • Options
    NefficlesNefficles Member
    SnowElf wrote: »
    We've seen a very small teaser of Bard before, so we know that it's in development. I would expect either Bard or Rogue to finally make an appearance before Q3 brings about Alpha 2. I believe next month is going to be a huge stream for Ashes of Creation in a few aspects, so make sure to keep an eye on their twitch account for those monthly streams!

Yeah yeah that's cool but SIR you have NO BUSINESS being that handsome in this forum for a game that doesn't even exist.