Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Franchise Desire / Question

This is posed both to the creation team as well as my fellow fans. I’m wondering if there are any plans / initiatives to franchise the world of Verra into the physical marketplace. I would love to see t- shirts, ashes labeled DnD memorabilia etc. Verra novels / playing cards (top desire) / board game, mugs, etc would be epic. From a business perspective there is the marketing bonus and from a non-business gamer perspective we just like to geek out sometimes. Are there already talks of this?

I would love to have a physical collector’s "node" sitting on a desk while leveling :).

Power to my fellow Paladins/Templars.

-Aqua

Comments

• Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    edited May 13
    i want shirts and caps ugh T_T

edit: oh and hoodies and beanies too
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    If someone wants to give me a ton of money for all that shit - yeah, I'm all for more merchandise :)
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven and Margaret are working on Ashes of Creation merch.
    I used to have an Ashes of Creation hoddie. I wonder if I can still find it.
  • Options
    Aqualutum wrote: »
    This is posed both to the creation team as well as my fellow fans. I’m wondering if there are any plans / initiatives to franchise the world of Verra into the physical marketplace. I would love to see t- shirts, ashes labeled DnD memorabilia etc. Verra novels / playing cards (top desire) / board game, mugs, etc would be epic. From a business perspective there is the marketing bonus and from a non-business gamer perspective we just like to geek out sometimes. Are there already talks of this?

I would love to have a physical collector’s "node" sitting on a desk while leveling :).

Power to my fellow Paladins/Templars.

-Aqua

Well, we saw one of the Ashes Mugs in the latest livestream, while they had a little talk about the kinds of merch they're planning, so I think we already know the answer to this is Yes.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A lot of time and money has already went into Ashes and designing a tabletop of ashes would probably be a big feat being Steve loves DnD and would want the quality there. Shifting funds into RnD of a tabletop ashes of creation might too much for the studio to handle so I expect if this is made, it will be fan made with some kind of license agreement from the studio.

tbh i would rather have someone whose an expert at creating tabletops and a fan of the game to make a tabletop out of ashes over taking attention away from the studio
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There was a lot of franchise talk back in 2017-18, IIRC, but it faded away again. I imagine they realized the actual scope of the project and how long it takes to just make the game, and started focusing more on that.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Aqualutum wrote: »
    Franchise Desire / Question

Oh, T-Shirts, Cups and so on - keep it coming. ;) Be it Ashes, V Rising, or Enshrouded or the like - i am all for it. Some Projects and already released Games, Early Access or not - deserve being supported with nice Merch.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    edited May 14
    Merch takes a looong time.
    1. Finding right vendor
    2. Design phase and internal approval process. Give that 1-2 months.
    3. Sample. Large quantity orders comes from China. Getting samples takes 4-6 weeks. + back n forth to get sample right. So add another 2-3 months here. We saw 1 sample version of the mug Steven was holding already (not final)
    4. Large scale production. Another 4-6 weeks.

We'll probably see merch closer to launch. Easy custom things like lanyards, postcards can be done in the U.S and quick. But if you want custom board games, Verra shaped mugs etc, it will be outsourced from China.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    I just hope they go for quality, I get the impression they will somehow but that could just be optimism.
    Any regular MMO merch-buyers out there? What's the standard like?

I can't stand those totally generic mugs with a label slapped on them (just an example of lazy merch, I've seen Steve's mug.. generic it isn't!)
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 14
    blat wrote: »
    I just hope they go for quality, I get the impression they will somehow but that could just be optimism.

I can't stand those totally generic mugs with a label slapped on them (just an example of lazy merch, I've seen Steve's mug.. generic it isn't!)

These are examples of what they had planned in 2021. No idea if they are still on the table though.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    blat wrote: »

These are examples of what they had planned in 2021. No idea if they are still on the table though.

The dobby mug! I need!!!
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Im guessing when Alpha 2 comes out you'll see a lot of it. Since it's not NDA people will actually be seeing something tangible so merch would sell faster.
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    I'm no expert in this but here are my two cents: While I get that people may want all of that, I think it would be best for Intrepid to focus on the game and at best find skilled community members who provide these things and grant them an official endorsement and maybe an additional slot to sell their stuff via the official shop.

This could be done easily be done with merch.

In regards to lore: This is something that I would want to see kept in Intrepids hand as too many people working on the lore tends to ruin it and I don't want a Marvel mess of a story just to make a franchise out of it.

As for board games: I can understand if they were to convert character, mobs and stuff from Ashes of Creation back to TTRPG assets and release those for people to create homebrew adventures around.

Playing cards and other types of board games: I don't really see a reason for that and would think that Intrepid in particular would do well to not sidetrack into these fields - unless they happen to create one or the other as a natural part of developing the core game, the MMORPG itself.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<