Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monuments to players!

There is a suggestion. Many years ago I played in gw2. there was an area in the pvp zone. On which there were monuments to the players. full-length and with their name on it. I don't remember what they were given for. apparently for some achievements and victories in the events. but the point is this. you can do something similar. for example, some city has developed into a megacity and its first mayor may receive a monument on the central square. or the head of the clan, whose clan is the first to capture 2 or more nodes or cities, can also receive a monument with his name and the name of the clan.

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Supposed to have something like this, I think - especially for Mayors.
  • Options
    the gw2 pvp statues are still there, its just cringe

it's a waste of time and not relevant
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    TexasTexas Member
    Should be a wearable cosmetic. People still recognize the WoW vanilla Field Marshall sets and Grand Marshall Weapons from 20 years ago.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This was also a reward for royalty level kickstarters.

i6zg48jsn9ih.jpg
    du2ljngonyuq.png
  • Options
    VoeltzVoeltz Member
    Warhammer Online and Albion Online had them when I played for top performers in PvP and winners of tournaments. It gave people something to strive for and be proud of. It's cool to walk around and see those kinda things. In some cases, those actually serve as in game memorials of players who no longer play or passed away. I would like to see them spread throughout the halls of colosseums, cathedrals and city centers. Some could be for worlds first achievements, top node contributors, wars, and tournament winners.
  • Options
    SolmyrSolmyr Member
    The cool thing about statues is that they can be made by effectively just cloning your character model, scaling it up, then applying a stone texture and a cool pose. That means you could have your character's actual likeness represented with the statue. Definitely something I'd like to see at some point, though obviously they've got bigger fish to fry at the moment with A2 coming up.
  • Options
    tul1petul1pe Member
    Hinotori wrote: »
    This was also a reward for royalty level kickstarters.

i6zg48jsn9ih.jpg

sorry. but that's not what I'm talking about) these guys are all great. they help, with their donation, the development of the project. I'm already talking about the social component in the game itself. here's a look when I logged into wow. and I was playing at the starting locations, something clicked in my head and I remembered all the videos on YouTube. Lyra Jenkins, for example. just imagine you are walking along durotar and realize that in 10 years there have been 100 million players here) imagine these emotions of theirs. when they staged massive PVP battles here. all the emotions of communication and camaraderie of the players when they called for help from their friends and she knew that after 3 hours she would get up for work or study, but still went into the game to be with her friends. That's what I'm talking about. what would people say when they go to aoc in 2040 - I remember this place! my friend or my dad was playing here and I was watching it. How cool it was! I sometimes see people in restaurants or cafes. who are 30-50 years old and they are so enthusiastic about telling their emotions that they received last week evening. also imagine someone new comes into the game and sees a monument to some player and asks who it is and why it was put here. He starts Googling and wonders why he didn't play with them that day!
  • Options
    tul1petul1pe Member
    I'm not saying that this is the most important idea and it needs to be implemented first. but after all the mechanics are set up, all the corners will be smoothed out. the release will take place and I hope it will be successful. then you can deal with such an interesting question within 2 years