What will your characters build be?

2»

Comments

• I'm always a healer so Cleric, but don't think I will be double cleric because I think I think the main archetype has more than enough healing.

Going to have to wait to see which secondary is the most fun/effective. If ranger gives shapeshifting and I can create a druid, maybe, summoner if you get a decent pet or pets, Tank or fighter, for good defense, or Mage for mobility. If all that is meh, I'll get bard to buff as well as heal, and be the ultimate support.
  • Bard! Bard! Bard! I am anxiously waiting to see if Intrepid can make a fun and engaging bard class. In my mind a Vaelune Minstrel will be my main.

Other than that I am looking forward to experimenting with the Vek and Nikua, and the other archetypes. They all sound like good fun.
  • I want to be whatever gets me close to feeling like a Final Fantasy Dragoon or a Retribution Paladin.

So ideally a Fighter with a Spear/polearms, and either some Mage or Cleric augments to do beeg deeps and teleport around or be mega survivable and outlast them all.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • DimitraeosDimitraeos Member
    edited December 2023
    Whatever the closest arch/aug combo is that gets me to something like a Paladin.

Heavy armor knight with (probably) a 1H + Shield (unless I really like how Fighter feels) + holy energy for heals/group support.
    "Divinity is not just Love, Devotion or Purpose. Divinity is the hammer which we use to crush Corruption."
    l4nvaryf9xpf.png
  • Asgerr wrote: »
    I want to be whatever gets me close to feeling like a Final Fantasy Dragoon or a Retribution Paladin.

So ideally a Fighter with a Spear/polearms, and either some Mage or Cleric augments to do beeg deeps and teleport around or be mega survivable and outlast them all.

Yeah i hope 2 handing a spear will be possible alot of games neglect spears as a weapon i dont know why. except for some like lost ark or FF they did a pretty good job
    Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    edited December 2023
    Dyldorf wrote: »
    Male Dunir Cleric B)

Ditto. High Priest.

I usually run a higher DPS alt along with my main healer, and Archer looks pretty fun. Might do a mage too. Might go with a Rogue named Stabbystabstab.
  • Asgerr wrote: »
    I want to be whatever gets me close to feeling like a Final Fantasy Dragoon or a Retribution Paladin.

Yeah i hope 2 handing a spear will be possible alot of games neglect spears as a weapon i dont know why. except for some like lost ark or FF they did a pretty good job

We know for sure that spears are in the game and that they will be be two handed. What I'm curious to see is if they end up being swung like swords as well or function as actual spears or partisans/ranseurs at least.

As far as I remember they're supposed to be showcased once we get a new weapons showcase (last one only showed big swords and daggers, the Ranger gameplay showed long and short bows, and the mage showcase showed the wands.). So that's definitely one I'm very interested about. Hopefully they give them cool abilities and animations.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Solo PvX build
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • SolmyrSolmyr Member
    I'm not picky when it comes to gameplay, I can enjoy pretty much anything. I think my final decision will mostly be down to aesthetics.

I am tentatively interested in the bard -- though prancing around the battlefield with the flute or a lyre isn't really my cup of tea, if they have an option for war drums, I think it could actually be really cool.

I'm also somewhat interested in tank, but probably not my first choice. I'd like to know a bit more about the game first, since I know a lot of responsibility comes with that class.
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like to prioritize DPS in group content, will be looking to see what can effectively tank while putting out as much dps as possible
  • GuajatuGuajatu Member
    I want to play as a Summoner and be able to help my allies and even have independent damage. To not always be dependent but to always help.
    And in AoC the theme of constellation and religion is really attracting me, I'm very curious to see what it will be like...
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Still aiming for at LEAST One Summoner+Cleric Build. Because Necromancers are cool. ;)

Maybe a Fighter with Cleric as well. Let's see how close i can get to be a Paladin or Crusader or so. ;)

At least One Rogue shouldn't be missing as well. I love Rogues since Dark Project/Thief. One of the very nostalgic Series' which started a whole Franchise. :mrgreen:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • iccericcer Member
    I don't know.

We still haven't seen how combining 2 classes will actually work. It was previously said we'll see it in alpha 2, so I'm hopeful to see in the upcoming months.

In theory, I'd like to play a DPS that can sustain.
    In theory, it would be a melee build, so a Fighter.
    In theory, I would spice it up with some magic abilities, so Fighter + Mage (Spellsword), Fighter + Cleric (Highsword), should appeal to me. Even Mage + Fighter, or Mage + Tank is interesting.

But until I see the abilities, how they interact, and how the class itself plays, I have no idea.

• TexasTexas Member
    edited July 5
    I'm definitely not committed into any one thing right now.

- The Mage and Cleric look like the most fleshed-out classes right now.
    - I want to see Bard and Summoner, and Rogue update.
    - Rogue + Caster class (Nightspell, Shadow Lord, Cultist, Charlatan) intrigues me. I like the magic-augmented melee style but the Fighter wasn't really appealing to me.
  • JhorenJhoren Member
    I'm gonna be the very best, like no one ever waas..

But yeah, way too early still to really tell. I'll see what ya'll be doing in A2. :)
  • ClonageClonage Member
    I usually main Supports or Healers.

Have to wait for the Alpha/Betas to decide. But atm without testing anything I'm interested in building a Bard, Female Light Haired Empyrean Elf, using one of the Bow types (in style of FF14 Bard).

For an Alt(or if i end up loving a Martial class as main), I'll probably build a Gigachad Tulnar ^^

• I'm looking at 2 options. First, a highly mobile roaming DPS. Someone who can travel around, avoid things that need to be avoided, and take opportunities that present themselves. Maybe master some gathering skills.
    Second, a support or healer build that is entirely for group play. Focus on raids, dungeons and caravans. I'm thinking a crafter or processor would be better.
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    Hard to say what my secondary will be honestly. And I choose my race based on racial traits for PvP. But these are the classes that sound the most appealing to me from most to least.

1. Predator, Rogue/Ranger
    2. Assassin, Rogue/Rogue
    3. Scout, Ranger/Rogue
    4. Highsword, Fighter/Cleric
    5. Cultist, Rogue/Cleric
    6. Archwizard, Mage/Mage

As far as preference to races purely by aesthetic, favorite to least

1. Kaelar Human
    2. Dünir Dwarf
    3. Empyrean Elf
    4. Niküa Dwarf

The only way I will ever play a disgusting Tulnar is if their racials excel above all others for PvP.

GJjUGHx.gif
  • ShabooeyShabooey Member
    edited July 6
    I am not sure yet, I'm still trying to make my mind up. I usually play melee DPS but I wasn't really convinced by the Fighter from the updated showcase, so going to have to test it and see what it actually plays like.

I'd like to try a Ranger and Possibly a Tank, some of their abilities intrigued me and would like to play around with a Tanks' augments to see what could be done DPS wise.

As for races, I really hope the Dwarves don't look too little, like they're kids running about the world like they did in A1, it would put me off them. Always had a soft spot for Elves and those Empyrean Elves are looking cool...
  • RipteyeRipteye Member
    edited July 6
    I really wish the Rogue was going to be in Alpha 2 on day one. I usually play Melee dps / tank and occasionally a healer in PvP. This time though I want to try out the dirty tricks coward class it just seems like the smart thing to do in a PvP game, yes AoC is a PvP game. What does PvX even mean lol.
  • My dream would be to create a summoner/necromancer with melee weapons alternating between spear, 2h sword and sword/shield depending on situation.

Curse, bleed and poison opponents while my companion claws them down ready with micro cc to counter opponents. I would be kiting and saving cooldowns to burst them down when they get tired or lose focus.

This would require a good AI from the game to have companion you can control that enemies cant completely cheese behind a fence or cliff. It is still a dream I cherish
    "You're seeking for perfection, but your disillusions are leading to destruction.
    You're bleeding for salvation, but you can't see that you are the damnation itself." -Norther
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm thinking as a main class, ranger, I've never really played one but the fact they can blend in with the environment is really cool,

As for secondary we will need to test this, either bard if the buffs they provide are beneficial or maybe clerics for some offheals