A2 as a story arc (roleplay for testers)

During the last live (16/08/2024), Steven said something like "you are the first to return to Verra and are slowly discovering the world", referring to the entire process of expanding the world and content that will take place during A2 . So why not actually turn this into our first major narrative arc?

One way to engage the community and make these testing stages more exciting (especially the initial ones) would be to actually make this moment a canonical event in Verra's history, with global announcements that it was in fact a story arc like "the first expedition "

As the map and content expands, these events would be announced globally in the game, or even mediated by a small quest or narrative to introduce this new achievement / discovery of the adventurers. Continuing in this way until culminating in the official launch of the game and the reward of a unique title for the players who participated in this stage.

I understand that the real purpose of A2 is to be a test environment, a true alpha, but having this moment immortalized in a unique narrative in the game's official lore would be incredible.

n4p2kknvt5xc.png

Comments

• Malva wrote: »
    During the last live (16/08/2024), Steven said something like "you are the first to return to Verra and are slowly discovering the world", referring to the entire process of expanding the world and content that will take place during A2 . So why not actually turn this into our first major narrative arc?

You can see the Alpha Two probably as more of a "Template" of what You just said. ;)

Yes. We will take our very first Steps into the World of Verra. At the Beginning only around the Kae'lar Riverlands from what i have read.

But it won't be like a Player-Experience. ;) it will be to test and improve Server-Stability and that means long waiting Que's i think - plus Disconnects disconnects disconnects. :mrgreen::sweat_smile:

But since in the finished Game the Beginning starts from all four Warp(?)Gates - this here can be seen more as the Introduction of how it will go.

Malva wrote: »
    One way to engage the community and make these testing stages more exciting (especially the initial ones) would be to actually make this moment a canonical event in Verra's history, with global announcements that it was in fact a story arc like "the first expedition "

I think this would be doable as "Recordings/Notes" in Canon-Lore ingame - in the Game later on.

But i doubt that Sir Steven plus his mighty Crew plan to make it a written Event. This would be cool, though. Kinda a tiny bit like the Lore in the Manga and Anime "Log Horizon" where apparently it can be present in the ingame Lore of one's own Character -> if One was an Alpha and Beta Tester/Participant.

As the map and content expands, these events would be announced globally in the game, or even mediated by a small quest or narrative to introduce this new achievement / discovery of the adventurers. Continuing in this way until culminating in the official launch of the game and the reward of a unique title for the players who participated in this stage.

Thing is - > this will be additional Work for everyone involved working at Intrepid - right ? ;)

Could be that the whole Studio is in the Mood to include this as well, but right now i wouldn't count on it. People can/(should?) ask for something like this in the coming Weeks and Months to happen, though. If they really want it happening like this.

I understand that the real purpose of A2 is to be a test environment, a true alpha, but having this moment immortalized in a unique narrative in the game's official lore would be incredible.

To have it somewhat present/immortalized in the Game's official Lore would be very doable, i think.

But i recommend not letting to many Time pass before asking dear Intrepid for this to happen.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/The_return

The Ancients have been on Verra for a long time prior to your return; and it's important to note that players who are starting in the world of Verra, they're coming in actually a few short months after the very first expeditionaries were sent through the Divine gateways when they opened from Sanctus. And the early days on Verra with the return were not super easy. They were difficult. There were struggles with the food supplies. There were a little bit of mutinies that occurred. There were certain artifacts that were found by some of these NPCs that were your predecessors in the return; and some of them decided that they would be better off on their own, or that they had a more powerful thing or creature that they could follow and be rewarded from.[7] – Steven Sharif

We can be those original expeditionaries. Along with the other troubles, there were times where everyone collapsed (server crashes), voids in the surface that people fell through, and places where people bounced back and forth before moving on.
    No need for extra work, just say that thanks to the expeditionaries (testers), Verra is safe for the public.
  • rolloxrollox Member
    Cool idea to have some storybook and narrative written about the First Expedition. Great way to expand the IP and get some lore. Written around the players themself, and the challenges overcome.

Even adding some flavor like origination on Sanctus. We're you a holy man selected from the clergy to return? Or plucked from your prison cell, death sentence commuted, to join a group of treasure hunters to Verra? Political patron of a wealthy lord sent to survey new lands to settle?

The first portal opened was to Riverlands. And the First Expedition was sent through. What did they find?
  • Malva wrote: »

i love this idea!
    Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.
  • its a good idea but pointless in Alpha 2, great idea for something like this upon full release and wouldnt be hard to throw it in at beta stage to test that it works etc
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was thinking something like this - similar to APOC, but....
    I think there will be too many disconnects to really make it into official lore.