What have we learned since last week? (Alpha 2 key update week)

MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
edited August 22 in General Discussion
2021. - The MMORPG world and culture does not forgive, at the first sign of weakness, the first drop of blood that shows a MMORPG project, even if it has continued with a development/popularity in great growth, the great majority of MMORPG players that do not know about that project will go for the neck of that project to try to destroy it because it does not matter if you have little or much knowledge of that project to give a clear and accurate opinion what really matters is to follow the “wave” and as it is easier and more profitable to follow a negative “wave” that generates more views and makes the opinions more popular then that is the “wave” that normally will be followed.

Steven and Luperza over the years in the Streams have made it more than clear that Alpha 2 is a project designed purely for TESTING , there will be many bugs , there will be many errors , there will be many wipes , there will be many fixes , there will be things that will make that content feel heavy for players who expect to play Ashes of Creation in Alpha 2 .
If your intention is NOT TO TEST then ALPHA 2 IS NOT FOR YOU , as simple as that , there is no other answer , no more complaints , no more waves to follow , if your intention is NOT TO SUPPORT IN TESTING ALPHA 2 then ALPHA 2 IS NOT FOR YOU , what you have to do is let those who do want to support IN TESTING ALPHA 2 test it and the rest wait for the betas or the release of Ashes of Creation.
2022.- Buying a key , some package or Kickstarter of Ashes of Creation IS NOT AN OPTION IT IS A CHOICE , if you believe in this project you are going to WANT OR NOT support them by giving your time to improve ALPHA 2 .
If you don't believe in this project then don't buy it and wait to see the final result.
If you don't believe in this project but you are curious then you will probably be disappointed because ASHES OF CREATION ALPHA 2 IS A TRUE TESTING PHASE.

There is NOTHING WRONG WITH NOT BEING IN ALPHA 2 , THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH NOT BUYING ANY ASHES OF CREATION PACKAGE OR KEY , there are already people who are trying to support the Ashes as they can if you want to play Ashes then wait for the final result BECAUSE WHAT IS NOW ONLY A TESTING PHASE in which there are people involved with the only goal of supporting Ashes in its development.
2023. - For the vast majority of MMORPGS players whether they are Zoomer, Millennial or X generation the testing phase that Ashes of Creation will offer will be something SHOCKING because the vast majority of MMORPGS players have never experienced a true and pure testing phase, the vast majority of MMORPGS players have never experienced a true ALPHA STATE, because in the modern era of MMORPGS it is more profitable to sell an EARLY ACCESS as if it were an ALPHA STATE than a true ALPHA STATE.

ASHES OF CREATION ALPHA 2 IS NOT AN EARLY ACCESS.
ASHES OF CREATION ALPHA 2 IS A TRUE AND PURE ALPHA STATE .

So instead of seeing the glass half empty why don't we see the glass half full ?
This is a great opportunity to learn about Ashes of Creation , it is a great opportunity for many to have their expectations balanced and thus have correct information for when Ashes of Creation is released , did you like what you saw in the Alpha or beta phase of Ashes ? then buy the monthly , didn't you like what you saw in the Alpha or beta of Ashes of Creation ? then don't buy the monthly .

Information is power and what Ashes of Creation Alpha 2 will provide is a lot of information.
2024.- THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with AoC Alpha 2 starting off very badly from the perspective of players who “know nothing about AoC development” it is more than logical that players who know nothing about AoC will see ALPHA 2 as rough and unpolished, they will be scared and there will probably be a lot of “shitty opinions about AoC”. but it is what it is, AoC will continue to improve as it has done and continues to do over the years.

THE REALLY BAD thing would be for Intrepid Studios to lose transparency and honesty when giving innformation assuming that because they have so many players in Alpha 2 none of them will rebel at the lack of transparency and honesty.
2025.- Nothing can be done against the high expectations of players who do not know how the development of Ashes of Creation has been and continues, Ashes of Creation simply has to keep doing its thing and proving that it can continue to advance and those expectations will gradually regulate themselves.
2026.-The expectations of the players have a mental limit when the development of a video game reaches a state of equilibrium demonstrating to the mentality of those players that their expectations are no longer necessary as the video game has reached a comfort zone where the vast majority of things are going well and therefore the vast majority of players are in a state of approval of the development.

When is it enough ? When is it necessary? When do you have to say “this is the balance I need to keep everyone minimally happy”?
The developers more than anyone else know when it will be necessary to say that “this is the balance I need to make everyone ‘INCLUDING THE DEVELOPERS’ happy” is enough to be able to quietly go on with the development to keep improving Ashes because YOU CANNOT COMPLY WITH EVERYONE.

ASHES OF CREATION CANNOT FULFILL EVERYONE'S EXPECTATIONS because that would affect the path of development improvement and its foundations.
WHAT ASHES OF CREATION CAN DO is to reach a state of balance forged with strong development bases so that everyone can experience a good MMORPG where from that state of balance it improves and therefore progressively fulfills the expectations of the players.

The bases of a development forge the way so that a great castle can be built where the MAJORITY can be sure that they will have a good time.
That road is being forged little by little with realistic and regular monthly updates on the progress of the game but it is still a road that lacks a lot of foundations to strengthen the base where Ashes of Creation will be accentuated.
2027.-There is nothing wrong with being a WhiteKnight or DarkKnight for Ashes of Creation as long as the ideas/opinions/feedback you apply to Ashes are in a constructive way to try to support it in its developmental improvement.
2028.-In hard times is really where you see the people who support you and are with you to improve even if they are critical but they are there supporting you on the contrary is also noticeable to people who only seek a benefit from you and do not mind hurting you to get more benefits excusing “they do it because they care about you”.

We must not be hypocritical , in this week that has passed we have seen many CCs hanging on the “Wave” of popularity and views throwing shit to Ashes of Creation either with videos , either with titles , either with content or even simple phrases that are only used to attract the attention of the audience to have more views and to get more popularity , “ .

How easy and hypocritical it is to “talk shit” about a project like Ashes of Creation when it shows a drop of blood in one of its most delicate moments, how easy it is to go for the neck of Ashes of Creation when it needs the support of those CCs that should be criticizing or supporting it BUT NEVER JOINING THE “WAVE OF SHIT”. how easy it is to call others greedy bastards, professional dicksuckers or try to “show the true colors” of a project when that project is just starting to emerge, how easy it is to feel powerful when the “wave is in your favor” right?

Intrepid Studios should take these things into account , being surrounded by people who are with you because they want to support you and grow together even with criticism will never be the same as being surrounded by hypocrites who only seek a benefit from you.
If your real itnention is to support Ashes of Creation there is no need to be a Whiteknight or a DarkKnight, or to be 24/7 watching Ashes of Creation or paying some package/keys to test Ashes of Creation, just giving your experiences, your recommendations, your ideas or with a little “I have no faith in your project but I hope for the good of MMORPGS you make it” is enough to give energy to a project that needs it day by day.

Do not think that you are being demanded something in exchange for seeing the growth of ASHES, NO ONE DEMANDS ANYTHING, nothing monetary, nothing experiential, NOTHING AT ALL, leave that for the people who are there in the struggle trying to cope with these hard times but in the end are moments that forge a path.

For example: there is me :) . I am trying to help as much as I can month by month, either with feedback, comments, or other things, I am LatinoAmerican, I got a second job just for 2 months to upgrade my Beta2 package to Alpha2, this end of the month I will be able to upgrade my package to Alpha 2 and that makes me very happy, I will be able to test until my arm falls off so that others have a well done path to go through Ashes of Creation.
What is the reason for this? I believe in the Ashes of Creation project, I believe in its developers like Luperza, Steven and many others who have been demonstrating month after month the improvement of Ashes but above all I believe in myself as a MMORPGS player who also wants to do my bit in a project that in the future we can all be proud of.

THAT IS THE WAY I CHOSE, it's not your way, it's mine, if you like that way or you have better ways welcome, all the ways that build a path to improve Ashes of Creation welcome.

If you don't like the path I chose or others choose to help Ashes and you think I am a professional dicksucker for it welcome , I CHALLENGE YOU TO THROW ALL THE POISON YOU HAVE AT ME TO MAKE ME LEAVE THE PATH I CHOSE , THE PATH MANY CHOSE TO SUPPORT ASHES , YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO, I AM STRONG, WE ARE STRONG.

drffchar2bsb.png
EDym4eg.png

Comments

• yeah .. attack the person .... not the issue lol ... total fail to understand people lol ...

after you framed everyone having issues with this project as riding a "Wave" its not worth reading the rest lol
  • ASHES OF CREATION ALPHA 2 IS NOT AN EARLY ACCESS.
    ASHES OF CREATION ALPHA 2 IS A TRUE AND PURE ALPHA STATE

Exactly.

Thank You.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • rolloxrollox Member
    That's a lot to say. It is ok and your path is fine.

One thing I would say is maybe you underestimate the number of people who understand and have experience with what an Alpha is. There are quite a bit of computer junkies, developers, and gaming hobbyists here that understand exactly what an alpha is.

The issue is that there are so many more today, than in 2008. There are exponentially more today that have no concept or understanding of what alpha is. So there is a balance here for those who see a product for sale and totally relate that to an early access.

Basically you can say "but it's Alpha" as many times as your breath, vocal chords, and typing fingers can say it. The fact is those words have zero meaning to a sizable portion of people following the sale of a product.

It would help some of this to make it more real about what alpha means. In some ways that are more relatable to those groups in terms of being unfinished, in testing, a prototype. In some more non technical and non gamey terms.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Before 2030
  • Dygz wrote: »
    Before 2030
    Oh shit, so Steven was telling the truth all those years ago. He was simply reading off a mistyped 2030 date, which is why he said the game would be out before 2020 :o
  • TLDR: It's an alpha @#$&suckers...
  • Dygz wrote: »
    Before 2030

Before 2300. ;) . :mrgreen:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited August 23
    Dygz wrote: »
    Before 2030

To be honest that joke scares me more and more xD
    8cxc0jbzcu7s.png
    EDym4eg.png