Mail in Ballots

I'm not married to the idea, but it was a funny thought I had.
to add an extra layer of gameplay as well as the memes... would it be possible to add this function?

Basically for any official/political role or really anything that's requiring a democratic approach to mail in your vote.

I imagine the gameplay loop this would add could write the jokes itself. Possibly limit to a certain percentage so that if it was a landslide it really wouldn't matter but then it would also add the RP for those running to promote online, in person votes. The mail in could be a thing for players voting remote or that didn't travel back to node to cast their vote.
Then the mail ins could spawn a caravan that provides the option to tamper, destroy, delay.
literally as I write this I'm thinking of more possibilities as I legit was just thinking about IRL politics in America right now and thought this could be out right entertainment.
Thoughts?

Comments

• Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited August 26
    That's actually a funny idea, imagine if the votes would be in a caravan and the caravan gets destroyed, then the votes disapear lol. Would be even funnier if you could loot the votes and commit forgery

HELL YEAH YOU COULD ACTUALLY SELL THE BALLOTS LOL HAHAHAAH
    I am pretty sure this would be a great way of making gold:
    • ballots are sellable, if you are the original owner you could simply sell it LOL
    • stolen ballots are also sellable
    • you can edit any ballot, this ballot could be originally yours, or stolen, or bought
    • if you stole a hundred ballots, you could just edit them all and pick your choice and deliver them and then votes would be counted, nobody would ever know
    • if you are buying ballots, then its the same thing, do anything you want, you could commit forgery or simply trash them all

I mean, this system is not important for the game itself, but it's quite hilarious :#
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Best to steer clear of out of real world politics. There will be more than enough in game politics to deal with.
  • Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    That's actually a funny idea, imagine if the votes would be in a caravan and the caravan gets destroyed, then the votes disappear lol. Would be even funnier if you could loot the votes and commit forgery

I mean, this system is not important for the game itself, but it's quite hilarious :#

Exactly my thoughts.
    Maybe not all vote scenarios or if there was a threshold necessary to meet before something like this is possible. Doesn't seem like it would be THAT difficult to implement later on, then again... I'm not a dev so I'm unsure.

• Best to steer clear of out of real world politics. There will be more than enough in game politics to deal with.

A.M.E.N. !! :D . :sunglasses:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • well I'm not sayin to bring IRL politics in, but IRL sparked the concept. which i think would make an interesting loop.
  • Krashsx wrote: »
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    That's actually a funny idea, imagine if the votes would be in a caravan and the caravan gets destroyed, then the votes disappear lol. Would be even funnier if you could loot the votes and commit forgery

Exactly my thoughts.
    Maybe not all vote scenarios or if there was a threshold necessary to meet before something like this is possible. Doesn't seem like it would be THAT difficult to implement later on, then again... I'm not a dev so I'm unsure.

I was editing my reply, go back and read again please lol
    it got even funnier now

he never said real life politics, but bringing the physical objects into the virtual world
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What if each node had an ESG score
  • oh that's some dark stuff, probably too complex of systems to add atp but if it developed into that. i wouldn't be mad.
    i could see whole markets being formed around people who spec into the ability to do it more efficiently. lmfao.
  • Apok wrote: »

How that would be in AoC?

Would be funny if the election had a trusted level, from low to high depending on how many ballots were stolen, destroyed or bought
  • Apok wrote: »

DEI and all. T.T

nahh, that would be too real. but the concept of this had me laughin because then itd radicalize a shadow group and itd be insane.
    edited August 26
    Would be histerical if a king amassed gold through castle taxes and then used the gold for buying votes in the node, then win the election and set the noe tax to 100% as mayor and get even more gold

Kings can be mayors, it is a thing in AoC :#
  • Gamers like to find advantages. I am quite sure there will be schemes to game the election systems, although it could be more subtle than literally stealing ballots. I expect an election system that is highly corrupt with bribes and favors exchanged. That just means plenty of opportunities to politically backstab. It means bitter internal node factions with the political implications that go with it. Players are creative.
  • Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    Apok wrote: »

How that would be in AoC?

Would be funny if the election had a trusted level, from low to high depending on how many ballots were stolen, destroyed or bought

The person running could buy votes and the masses could make choices on the trusted level. i really think the idea has legs but maybe to complex to start with. ive genuinely never played anything with that amount of depth for something like this.
    edited August 26
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    Would be histerical if a king amassed gold through castle taxes and then used the gold for buying votes in the node, then win the election and set the noe tax to 100% as mayor and get even more gold

Kings can be mayors, it is a thing in AoC :#

^ the post above is the dark stuff @Krashsx
    I am seeing so far ahead
  • i mean even the politics from BDO during prime MANUP days was hilarious. the memes and videos on YouTube made it so much more entertaining in game. so the backstabbing and espionage could drive all this to be more than what is intended and steven has mentioned how he wanted us to make our content as well within the systems.
  • the king runs on lies just to turn around and scam the populous. :D
    @Arya_Yeshe
    i mean even the politics from BDO during prime MANUP days was hilarious. the memes and videos on YouTube made it so much more entertaining in game. so the backstabbing and espionage could drive all this to be more than what is intended and steven has mentioned how he wanted us to make our content as well within the systems.

Yes! I am not sure of this idea would be approved because as far as I know there is no scope for this, but I have a strong feeling that Stephen would at least smile with the idea since he loves drama
    the king runs on lies just to turn around and scam the populous. :D
    @Arya_Yeshe

Well, arent what kings are for? Just helping himself, family and friends?
  • The political systems must factor the power(s) behind the throne. That’s where the best intrigue comes from.
  • turns into Ashes of dragons real quick @Arya_Yeshe
    turns into Ashes of dragons real quick @Arya_Yeshe

This is by far the best and funniest idea I saw in this forum and I think it is a great match for AoC, I can alredy imagine piles of memes over the internet about this
  • Maybe i can put this into a question to ask in hopes to get an opinion on the concept.
  • Hopefully gets seen and takin seriously into consideration at a later time after everything else is worked out.
    edited August 26
    @Krasty yo, just like there are ticket scalpers in real life, there would be ballot scalpers, they would buy ballots for days and then in the past day before the election they would sell overpriced ballots for profits

Ticket scalpers would flood the chat channels offering buying ballots for like 100 gold, then the other scalper would offer 150 etc... maybe he could have a market stall for trading ballots

That would be awesome, this could work for any voting and not just voting for mayors
  • i mean the idea of ticket scalping is hilarious in itself too tbh. right next to that shady seller in the alley. lol! @Arya_Yeshe
    i mean the idea of ticket scalping is hilarious in itself too tbh. right next to that shady seller in the alley. lol! @Arya_Yeshe

And the ballots should be lootable, just like gathereables, so the big brains idea would be declaring war on the guild and find them and shank them in the alley right inside the node and steal their ballots
  • The way I see, the ballots system is a content generator system
  • Especially considering its not an everyday thing. this would def make it more of a big deal when it does happen, potentially have people more interested and invested in the whole system.
  • But i know that only "Economic"(?) Type Nodes have the Vote System, right ?

Military Nodes is trial by Combat.
    Religious Nodes was who does the most Quests, i think.

Merchant Nodes ... ... ... ... was that the One where People can bid/spend Money to elect a Mayor ? :mrgreen:

Off. Forgot about it in the meanwhile. I blame the Alpha Two Drama. :tongue:
    I can see sooo much trolling happen with attacking Caravans full of Ballot Votes.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)