What are people's node & biome preferences?

124»

Comments

• AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited June 23
    --- --- ---
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
    I just thought about it before i forget,

will we - (probably not) - get any new Information to the "Underrealm" in which the Tulnar apparently have much of their Civilisation - before Alpha Two ?

And what about the Underwater-Area's (Biomes ?)
    : https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Underwater

And if there is just not enough Time anymore before Alpha Two hits the Stage, can we get some Information before or during the Testing of the probably exact Content which i just mentioned ? 🤔

Right now we have only this one interesting Picture showing how the Underrealm can look, have we ?

1h36z643sweb.jpeg
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • TexasTexas Member
    akabear wrote: »
    I wonder if location / proximity will become the driver rather than the biome type itself.

Would a well-positioned node, with a well-structured metropolis and the right buildings, taxation and governance, situated as the key hub to a network of other regions and port access trump any given biome popularity?

Perhaps players will overlook or suffer the biome of default for the key ingredients to a successful locale!
    The metropolises are going to form in the most popular areas which usually means convenience and proximity to resources are a big factor. The first metropolis is very likely to be outside the human portal and near a dungeon area or other popular farm.
  • Node: Scientific

Biome: Badlands maybe?
    • This is me be a glutton, but I'm pumped for the corruption, volcanoes, weather, etc.
    Just like the moon, half of my heart will always love the dark.
    ✓ roleplayer
    ✗ Not looking for a guild atm
    Texas wrote: »
    The first metropolis is very likely to be outside the human portal and near a dungeon area or other popular farm.

Imagine a Metropolis would be best located nearby a popular Dungeon Area of Farm/Area for Example World Bosses.

But it is "sadly" located nearby a Portal or so ... ...
    ... ... ... you realise what "Node Wars and Node Sieges" are made for, right, Texas ? >:)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • How nice. The Kae'lar Riverlands in Autumn.

rpk7dt1yhk97.jpg

Just kidding. It's from Canada. But i loved the Presentations last Year. Technically we should have a few Live-Cams around Winstead and Miraleth which show the Landscape all the time and the slow Transition from One Season of the Year into the next.

Like it would be in the Game. Like you can sloooooooooowly every few Days see it change.
    How awesome is that ?
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • dont like jungles/trees/forests
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • ShadyZekuShadyZeku Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm thinking Scientific/Divine with a forest or mountain biome :smiley:
    hyqovcxpbmjn.png
  • Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    dont like jungles/trees/forests

What about Icy, snowy Mountains ? ;) Or dry, wasteland-like Deserts ? ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • This here is a very beautiful Reallife Coastline.

u87a2u55uneg.jpg

Damn. I hope we get to see some Coastlines around the Islands in the upper Middle Region of the World somewhere. Or in Case there are already other kinds of Coasts planned there - i don't care where. But somewhere in any case. :mrgreen:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • (Always remember You can open these Pictures directly and they will a greater, better solution)

edfa5vxy2h6c.jpg

Can You Guys imagine a place between Two Biomes where a River flows through -> and the Rockformations on the Sides look like this ? Like someone hewn them ? Would be very cool if it would exist somewhere in the finished Game. :sunglasses:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    edited August 30
    There will probably be no Biomes that will look as closely as this as the Kae'lar Riverlands.

Won't it ?

ng0hlg9ibqgc.jpg

Don't forget to open directly for maximum Size. A smol' Hamlet which could be nearby a huge Node-City.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • KyskeiKyskei Member
    I personally love a Rustic house in a snowy forest/mountains. so I will likely live somewhere in Sujoma or the Frostgrave Fells.
    node I'm not too fussed about. whatever place I like the look of and find has convenient access to the things I want.
  • Kyskei wrote: »
    I personally love a Rustic house in a snowy forest/mountains. so I will likely live somewhere in Sujoma or the Frostgrave Fells.
    node I'm not too fussed about. whatever place I like the look of and find has convenient access to the things I want.

Over half to full a Year ago or so -> i posted a Picture of a House which i would like to possess in a very frozen, snowy, frosty Area. :mrgreen:

p9u1zbb1g880.jpg

I realise this will most likely never happen - > or rare things/Houses like this one may come only with a future Expansion around 2040 or even around 2050. :mrgreen:

But wouldn't such a thing be cool ?

A Freehold-like, single Building. Nearby your Node. Frostgrave Fells or the like. And you would own it. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • GlagnarGlagnar Member
    edited September 1
    For me mountain or hilly area since I will be playing as a Dünir dwarf. But whatever city node my guild will try to form as fast as possible will be my home. Plus eventually, I will try to be the owner of a tavern in that node.. Since I can still remember the Tavern/Cantina name my current guild had in SWG back in the day. Those were some fun times in SWG since I was the guild leader for a Wookie clan. The neighbors south are about 500 to 2000 meters from our village is where that cantina I remember fondly. The weird part is after SWG I joined said guild when they moved on to wow when it first started.
    SWG Wookie Isshraccor---WOW-Drawf Glagnar---Ages of Conan Glagnar--Pirates of the Burning Sea---Rift---Star Wars: The Old Republic---Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
  • Node : Dunir
    Biome : Born underground, suckled from a teat of stone, raised in the dark, the safety of our mountain home, skin made of iron, steel in our bones, to dig and dig makes us free, come on brothers sing with me.
  • Lodrig wrote: »
    Born underground, suckled from a teat of stone, raised in the dark, the safety of our mountain home, skin made of iron, steel in our bones, to dig and dig makes us free, come on brothers sing with me.

:mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34CZjsEI1yU
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • scottstone7scottstone7 Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Being a healer, I'm leaning toward a divine node, biome doesn't really matter. In reality though, I'll just go where the guild goes/needs me.
  • Right now, i think i like the Riverlands in Autumn the most.
    Could change, though. And i know my beloved "colder" Biomes are not out yet. ;)

0szuxegywfls.jpg
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • Close to any of these...
    isj608ojf7j7.png
  • I really like variety in gameplay and game environments alike, so no preference really. It looks like a usual levelling journey will take your across multiple biomes :)
  • It looks like a usual levelling journey will take your across multiple biomes :)

I personally right now have the Impression that You can choose. You can choose to entirely level your Character up by endlessly doing Stuff, Content, Artisan Craft, Dungeon-exploring etc. etc. in the same Biome like for Example the Riverlands,

ooorrr ;) if you want to venture out from the Biome You know and enter other Area's of the World of Verra.

88c1hnig3cdt.jpg

I could imagine a Place at the very Southern Border of the Riverlands looking a lot like this. Be it on the West Coast or on the East Coast where the Vaelune(?)/Sandsquall Desert starts. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • Just like in real life:
    I don't really care where I live.

So I will go wherever most of my guild want to be.
    I want to play an elf through, so I might have to travel a lot my first hours. (At least after the first reset with them having a separate spawn - probably Beta)
  • Just like in real life:
    I don't really care where I live.

So I will go wherever most of my guild want to be.
    I want to play an elf through, so I might have to travel a lot my first hours. (At least after the first reset with them having a separate spawn - probably Beta)

I give You at least One Plus Point for putting your possible, own Wishes behind your Guilds Will and move along. Very flexible Mindset. ;)

But never forget to let your Impulses carry You somewhere, when the sudden Urge to explore and discover a wondrous Fantasy-World might grab your Heart suddenly. :sunglasses:

I always did that in many Video Games - and i never regretted it.

When i saw the "Map" from the last, monthly Presentation - i hope the Transition from Riverlands into the Sandsquall Desert will be a bit like this ... ... ... :sunglasses:

pg4kxvk2jocl.jpg
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer