Just dropped the $120

Been lurking for a time here, finally had to pull the trigger on this one. Wishing you guys the best in the development cycles. See you in November!

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    <3
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Welcome to testing the A2 with us. It's gonna get messy :)
  • I honestly have not been following for a long time, always been intrigued by it. They seem to really have their act together and transparent. I told myself never again, after Star Citizen, but I truly want to support this team and the game just looks to be everything that I could hope for.
    I honestly have not been following for a long time, always been intrigued by it. They seem to really have their act together and transparent. I told myself never again, after Star Citizen, but I truly want to support this team and the game just looks to be everything that I could hope for.

Don't feel bad. I backed Pantheon and that's a mess :D Ashes will at least launch. SC was doomed they day they selected Lumberyard as a game engine. Ashes is UE5
  • patrick68794patrick68794 Member
    edited September 3
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    I honestly have not been following for a long time, always been intrigued by it. They seem to really have their act together and transparent. I told myself never again, after Star Citizen, but I truly want to support this team and the game just looks to be everything that I could hope for.

Don't feel bad. I backed Pantheon and that's a mess :D Ashes will at least launch. SC was doomed they day they selected Lumberyard as a game engine. Ashes is UE5
    Except SC is going strong and doing perfectly fine lol they're using their own custom engine that's using CryEngine/Lumberyard as a base, by the way. They're not just using off the shelf Lumberyard. Essentially all of their networking and server code is custom, just like almost all of Intrepid's is for AoC.
  • [/quote]Except SC is going strong and doing perfectly fine lol.[/quote]

Perfectly fine. lol, perfectly fine at taking peoples money maybe. Just dont try throwing a grenade or you have a 75% chance to blow yourself up instead, and dont try healing yourself thats a 50% chance to dropping your weapon, dont forget the 30% chance when accepting a mission it doesnt even register. Funny how the most expensive game ever made cant even do something games have been doing for decades. Lets not even begin with how greedy the actual company is, $48,000usd for a pack.
    Some say the goal to life is to make order of chaos, i believe we should embrace the chaos, let it nurture us into who we truly are.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 3
    Except SC is going strong and doing perfectly fine lol
    Any "game" that has a shop tier where you need to spend $25,000 to gain access isn't "doing perfectly fine lol", it is a scam.

I'm really glad they have managed to provide you with a minimum viable product to keep you on board, but SC is a shop/scam first, and a game third.
  • YohYoh Member
    Likewise, I dropped $120 on it. Happened to have some left over money on paypal collecting dust.
    Sure they'll make better use of it then I was.
    Yoh wrote: »
    Likewise, I dropped $120 on it. Happened to have some left over money on paypal collecting dust.
    Sure they'll make better use of it then I was.

Welcome!
  • Been lurking for a time here, finally had to pull the trigger on this one. Wishing you guys the best in the development cycles. See you in November!

slaaaayyy king ;3
  • Noaani wrote: »
    Any "game" that has a shop tier where you need to spend $25,000 to gain access isn't "doing perfectly fine lol", it is a scam.

I'm really glad they have managed to provide you with a minimum viable product to keep you on board, but SC is a shop/scam first, and a game third.

what is SC?
  • patrick68794patrick68794 Member
    edited September 3
    Noaani wrote: »

Lol nah, it's a game first and foremost. It's pretty funny that you're saying things like this on a forum for a game that was charging $500 for access to the first alpha tests for years too
  • Depraved wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »

what is SC?

Star Citizen