Nyx Joins Intrepid Studios’ Community Management Team!

Greetings and salutations!

My name is Nyx - I’m a newly anointed Community Manager at Intrepid Studios, and it brings me great joy to make your acquaintance. This week marks the beginning of my journey into Verra with the Ashes of Creation community, and I look forward to getting to know you all on the adventure ahead!

Like many of you, I have a deep love for MMOs, incredible stories, and all things gaming. I’ve been a CM for the past 15 years, working on a wide variety of titles across genres, and platforms, but my roots began with FlyFF; an old-school MMO that ignited my passion for working with gaming communities. From there, I joined Zynga to create FarmVille, and FarmVille 2, and after about 5 years of digital cows and crops, I joined Riot Games to work on League of Legends. In the past few years, I’ve worked on Neopets, launched a series of mobile games for Kongregate, and more. 

My favorite MMO is FFXIV, but I also spend time playing RPGs like Witcher 3 and Baldur’s Gate 3. I adore horror movies, coffee, reading, and obsessing over my plants. Most importantly though, I passionately believe in the power of community, and how it can deepen bonds between people and the games they love. 

If you have a minute, feel free to introduce yourself, ask me any questions you might have, and let’s get to know each other a bit better. 

Cheers!
community_management.gif

Comments

• VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    WOOOO!! \o/

Welcome to the party 🕺🥳 So excited to have you on board :D
    community_management.gif
  • YAY!!!! WELCOME!!!
    marketing.gif
  • GruntagGruntag Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Welcome Nyx!
  • Welcome! Were glad to have you apart of this community !
  • RitchieSHRitchieSH Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Welcome to the party!
    Subscribe to RitchieSH. You know you want to
  • DioGaraaDioGaraa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Welcome to Verra and the Intrepid family!
  • VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited September 20
    Welcome! Every step feels like progress for the game, its exciting to see more CMs being brought on!
  • DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I used to love Neopets xD

Welcome!
    638l2c56w32d.png
  • chaoko954chaoko954 Member, Alpha One
    Welcome! NOEPETS!? That was my child hood.
    wait...
    You're gonna main a Tulnar aren't you? lol
    Well, either way still welcome!
  • lightofscorpiolightofscorpio Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    welcome!
  • Hello and Welcome!
  • mrBokmrBok Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Welcome to the Family o/
    f59ll57jllom.png
  • RoshenRoshen Moderator, Member, Staff
    Welcome Nyx to Intrepid Studios and the Community Team! We're stoked to have you here, as we go full speed ahead into Alpha Two.
    community_management.gif
  • DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ArcaneAdam wrote: »
    YAY!!!! WELCOME!!!

and welcome to you too xD
    638l2c56w32d.png
  • Welcome 👋🏼

I played FlyFF a long a time ago that takes me back to my hoverboard!

Make sure we get summoner and rogue classes!
  • Welcome Nyx!
    FLYFF! Yes! Man, those were good times, such a classic <3 Here's hoping we can all make Ashes the next big thing we'll all remember fondly <3
  • arkileoarkileo Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Welcome to the party! Glad to see the team continuing to grow.
  • ItsNyxItsNyx Member, Staff
    Thank you all so much! I'm so excited to be here.
    Pendragxn wrote: »
    Welcome 👋🏼

I played FlyFF a long a time ago that takes me back to my hoverboard!

Make sure we get summoner and rogue classes!

I miss my hoverboard :'(
    community_management.gif
  • Welcome aboard!! ^_^
  • Fuppo HeadhunterFuppo Headhunter Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Welcome!!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Welcome to the community! :)
    Ashes Creator - 1.6k subs - https://www.youtube.com/@JakeyEX
  • ReLamasReLamas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi Nyx, welcome to the Ashes of Creation community! It’s great to have you here. I have to say, I totally resonate with your MMO journey starting with FlyFF. That game was my first real dive into a 3D MMORPG, and it completely shaped my love for the genre. I spent so many years grinding away, and I can proudly say my main was a PsyKeeper—the best class in the game, hands down! There was just something so satisfying about floating around and dishing out massive damage from a distance.

It's amazing to see someone with such a rich history in gaming communities and development. I'm excited to see how you’ll help shape the community around Ashes of Creation. Looking forward to seeing you around Verra!
    c3xme7oecjh8.png
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Welcome to the team !
    Signature-member.gif
  • TirentTirent Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    whi0iufdfkzt.gif
  • ItsNyxItsNyx Member, Staff
    ReLamas wrote: »
    Hi Nyx, welcome to the Ashes of Creation community! It’s great to have you here. I have to say, I totally resonate with your MMO journey starting with FlyFF. That game was my first real dive into a 3D MMORPG, and it completely shaped my love for the genre. I spent so many years grinding away, and I can proudly say my main was a PsyKeeper—the best class in the game, hands down! There was just something so satisfying about floating around and dishing out massive damage from a distance.

It's amazing to see someone with such a rich history in gaming communities and development. I'm excited to see how you’ll help shape the community around Ashes of Creation. Looking forward to seeing you around Verra!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I always played a Ringmaster or Blade but genuinely was so envious of PsyKeepers ability to fly. It just looked so cool.
    community_management.gif
  • Welcome to Verra and the Intrepid family!
  • Welcome Nyx!
  • CawwCaww Member
    edited September 20
    ItsNyx wrote: »
    .... obsessing over my plants ....
    an under-rated activity but such a wonderful way to experience actual nature...