Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Proposed Summoner Intro ...

What if ... the 1st Summon-Creature thats given the Summoner is decided by being asked a Series of Questions ?

Similar to the " Pokemon Mystery Dungeon " Games ? ( Link below )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN8y3mSlABk

( 0:53 - 2:11 )

The idea is to have Diversity at the Start of their Journey ; to not lose immersion, feel unique, a sense of connection between you & your 1st Summon, etc ...

o:) 

Comments

• Options
    Sounds fair, ask questions to figure out what type of summon best fits your answers. But afterwards, after they give you the "This one fits best" summon. I'd like the option to pick from all options, just so I know what's out there. I might have a specific playstyle in mind, and summon Y might fit better than the proposed summon X
  • Options
    Depends on if they have different stats. I'd be really upset and probably reroll if I got a summon that didn't complement my playstyle.. then again I tend to min-max.

If it was purely cosmetic, I wouldn't mind it. Especially if there was a fox. Then again I'd love to have a summoner slot that allows to control the appearance of your primary summon. :D

Also I voted on the wrong one... oops
  • Options
    Wouldn't it only be fair if each class was asked questions to determine some additional "flavour" to their abilities as well? Diversity amongst all classes!
  • Options
    This reminds me about GW2 character creator. Each class and race has a set of questions that will change very select things.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    @XombieCrisis
     Well the idea was mentioned, because i suggested each Summon-Creatures itself would bring forth it's own set of Abilities to its own Summoner.

Mainly, I suggested, that other Summon-Creatures would have to be sought out for via exploring the World via Wilderness, LandMarks, and other areas either prevalent or discreet, " hard-to-find " areas  

In addition, other Members Proposed each Summon having a " Bond " with its Summoner - affecting other traits & Combat-Effectiveness.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33995/how-do-you-imagine-the-summoner#latest

• Options
    @XombieCrisis

While i like the idea, it'll make each Archetype/Class Bland and not a unique experience  :'(

@Loyheta didn't know that :o
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    @XombieCrisis

While i like the idea, it'll make each Archetype/Class Bland and not a unique experience  :'(

@Loyheta didn't know that :o
    You think making each individual class slightly more unique would make the bland? It would add to the immersion if each individual player had slight differences to everyone else playing the same class, not to mention add animation diversity, which keeps things new and exciting.. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    " ... making each individual class slightly more unique ... "
    This is why i i like the idea. (above )
     But Augments are supposed to that ( and much more i think : 3 ).

Besides i have already proposed a suggestion that'll succeed in that ... but it would require more effort as opposed to being " given " at the Beginning ...
    ( it might make it too easy in the beginning, but i like the idea ... kinda )

Remember this idea ...

"  Being able to create abilities via Crafting Materials ? "

( i mentioned it in LiveStream Questions, but apparently Intrepid don't like it 
    :'(  )
    ( or they haven't* gotten that far in production yet ? idk )

In short, i personally think it might make it too easy

• Options
    Show summoners the choice of all powerful beasts they can have and let them choose...

... then, when they chose, spawn them in world with small lvl 1 imp with which they all start with regardless of what they've chosen.  B) With the message "work for it you lazy ass!"
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Show summoners the choice of all powerful beasts they can have and let them choose...

... then, when they chose, spawn them in world with small lvl 1 imp with which they all start with regardless of what they've chosenB) With the message "work for it you lazy ass!"
    As funny as this was .... this part (above in bold ) is not what i had in mind. The " list " shown in the intro, will never been seen in the world.

lols, but its just speculation nonetheless
  • Options
    No just have a standard summoned creature.
  • Options
    YEEEEEEEEES This would be awesome!
  • Options
    I just want to be able to summon a horde of those cute little black killer demon bunnies, because who doesn't love bunnies?
  • Options
    I just want to summon a horde of creatures. I like the idea and feel of having many summons out
  • Options
    I don't have anything to add, I am just not as enthused as option one indicates. This was my favorite part of Morrowind though, of course after given my recommended option I tweaked the class anyways so...
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    I don't have anything to add, I am just not as enthused as option one indicates. This was my favorite part of Morrowind though, of course after given my recommended option I tweaked the class anyways so...
    What about Morrowind? You talking about the conjuration school?
  • Options
    Sorry @Loyheta, I was referring to character creation specifically. They ask you a series of Q's and based on answers recommended a class. Besides Morrowind I have only played a couple different games with that dynamic, and they have all been class related.

I think it is a unique idea applied to class features once a class is chosen. Even for other classes, maybe choosing Tank prompts a line of questions that determine starting gear.

It would be nice if answering all the questions for Summoner in a very anger/short-tempered style granted a fire elemental.