Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Production schedule?

I know they have a end date, but is there a schedule somewhere that states there predictions of the testing phases? Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Beta 1 and so forth. Also is there a easily accessible spot to see what its current phase is besides just in development. I feel these things better attract people that are used to testing games and help those that wish to jump right in do so. I might be wrong, but I feel it just comes off better and helps show progress. Not looking for negativity all positive replies and input please. Constructive criticism I want to see this game become what it wants to be and I'd like to keep the community and player base active.   

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017

Lexmax's Picture!!!
  • Options
    Sintu said:

Nice to see my coffee cup timeline being put to good use :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    They have shied away from releasing any dates beyond estimations. One quick way to watch your community turn on you is to miss some perceived deadline. They are giving themselves plenty of time buffer so this doesn't happen. Could things happen faster? Maybe. If they said Alpha 1 starts Jan 31st 2018, and it didn't happen till Feb you would have that vocal minority screaming "See, see!!! They are failing!!!" The only deadline given so far is what Sintu posted above. Friends and family alpha and key winner alpha sometime before the end of the year. Persistent alpha phase 1 sometime in 2018, with Dec 2018 as a guarantee, other phases to release as new milestones are met, and Live launch before 2020.
  • Options
    I can agree it happens all the time, but only ignorant people assume such a thing. If you have any knowledge of building games you would know that things happen. It takes time to fix those things and the less money you have, the smaller the staff you have. The smaller the staff the longer it will take. The paranoia and suspicion is compounded even further when people know a game is being produced which happens to be the theme of the current genre of games. Yes AAA games have the money and hide there development so that you only see the last maybe 5 to 6 months if even that long. Where games like this one and others need funding up front so people get impatient here nothing and freak out. While a timeline even if not held for whatever reasons eases me.

I understand the dev's stream often to show there constant progress, but it would be nice if they uploaded there latest video and when we get to testing phases posted that they are in them. That way anyone just glances at the site can tell where they are at, with the latest video and/or testing phase.Just my input. It might not be the best, but I just want to help this group grow. 

I've seen many dev's be forced to cancel or push out a half finished product due to lack of revenue and this Game has everything I feel I'm looking for in my next big mmo time consumer that will lead to my second divorce and firing of my job. lol

I might be coming off wrong and if so I'm sorry. I just wish to see this move forward successfully!  
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    lexmax said:
    Sintu said:

Nice to see my coffee cup timeline being put to good use :)
    Was hoping you would be okay with me posting it.   :)
  • Options
    They have shied away from releasing any dates beyond estimations. One quick way to watch your community turn on you is to miss some perceived deadline. They are giving themselves plenty of time buffer so this doesn't happen. Could things happen faster? Maybe. If they said Alpha 1 starts Jan 31st 2018, and it didn't happen till Feb you would have that vocal minority screaming "See, see!!! They are failing!!!" The only deadline given so far is what Sintu posted above. Friends and family alpha and key winner alpha sometime before the end of the year. Persistent alpha phase 1 sometime in 2018, with Dec 2018 as a guarantee, other phases to release as new milestones are met, and Live launch in 2020.
    False info. Live Launch in 2020? That is not what Steven said. To quote Steven "The game should be done sometime between Middle of 2019...with a promise that the game will be out BEFORE 2020."
  • Options
    You are correct...i will amend mine. 
  • Options
    How we doing @ihamartia?

My name is Zackallic, i am a Officer of "The Empire"

As of yet nothing is set in stone on the release dates of Alphas, Betas or launch of AOC.

However i do have some good news. On the Official AOC Discord #news. Steven posted that he had a interview with Zam, and gave a link to the article. You can see the article "Here"

Near the bottom of the article this was posted.

"Intrepid Studios is planning on hosting their friends and family closed alpha this October. Another closed alpha will follow. The beta is tentatively planned for later next year, with a stress test open beta directly before launch. Ashes of Creation is technically planned for a December 2018 release, but Sharif cautions that it's difficult to estimate at this point."

I asked on the Official AOC Discord #ask_intrepid if this was accurate and got a response from a Moderator saying that this information is correct, however Steven is being cautious as gave the 2020 as flex room in case of any delays.