A Thank You Letter To The Devs

Hello! I'd first like to thank the dev team for this awesome game you're making. It's come at a time when me an my loved ones really need anything to cheer up our days. With the lock-down going on, it should be a wonderful time for a dork/nerd like me, and my friends, but we're in lockdown for a reason. The world isn't looking good, and we're all struggling, but your game breathes a breath of fresh air into an online community that was starved for oxygen. From the casual way Steven communicates with anyone who brings an audience to the game, to the amazing transparency of the devs in the live streams, and recorded gameplay.

One thing that means more to me than you can imagine is the Covid statue. My significant other is currently in the hospital fighting for her life, due to the illness. She didn't get a bad case, but has a heart condition that makes her high risk. There are very few subjects we can even talk about because she can't get too excited, and she often needs to sleep in the middle of our text talks. I've had to completely cut off physical interaction with her once she was confirmed to have it, as I have my own reasons for being high risk. Thus, finding out about your game has truly been a godsend to us, as we're both huge nerds, and this has given us a subject to talk about that won't aggravate her condition. The fact that you've even commemorated this struggle with an in-game decor item means so much for us.

Your game has a solid 95% of the features i've ever wanted in an mmorpg on it's list for development, and so many I never even considered. I haven't seriously played an MMORPG since Runes of Magic 10 years ago, as I just couldn't stomach the genre. After I looked into your game, I thought to myself "If this game comes out with all of these features, i'll finally have a game I can do 'my thing' in again." because i'm a leader. I lead guilds, I build alliances, and your game facilitates the freedom and empowerment of player organizations that I need to really immerse myself into a game.

As we've discussed playing your game, and used it, along with many other topics, to pull us through this very emotionally difficult time, we've made some pretty cheesey choices. From me choosing to follow the religion of the goddess of love, to us planning to go for 'server first' in marriage at launch, we've had an amazing time that brightened our days discussing Ashes of Creation, and for that I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you, everyone working on the AoC dev team, mod team, and even the people in the questions channel on discord who have kept me company through the hours of waiting for either good or bad news when she goes to sleep.

With Sincere Regards,
SilverPact

Comments

• AnranirAnranir Member
    edited July 2020
    Really hope your partner pulls through bro.
    Xvg0iN1.png
  • Anranir wrote: »
    Really hope your partner pulls through bro.

Thank you, much. I actually got some very good news a bit ago that her tests are looking very good today, she's still sick, but she has energy today, and she had a good dream, so there's some silver lining to the storm clouds.
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    <3 stay strong my dude. I am sure your partner will pull through. Shes got this! I know I am just some random guy on a form but if you or anybody else on here ever need somebody to talk to, I am here. I am a really good listener. My discord profile is the same name as my form name without the spaces.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • <3 thank you for sharing this with us - I've shared it with our team as well! :blush:
    community_management.gif
  • MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    *hugs*

Made me tear up. Sending all the well wishes to your family. 💕
    marketing.gif
  • <3 Stay strong @SilverPact! Hope she recovers very soon and I can't wait for the marriage system too! (:
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    ❤️
  • floormatfloormat Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    <3