Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions related to artisan classes and animal husbandry

Any confirmation on bonuses tied to gathering/processing/crafting as a group? An example being something like two players being able to tame a creature that's otherwise beyond their capacities individually. I would love to tame something wildly dangerous with a few buddies.

Another line of questions related to animal husbandry: Will we be able to raise animals like wolves, raptors, badgers, etc. for combat? If so what would be the upper limit of animal combatants, and would these animals be treated as party members for the purpose of buff effects from something like a bard?

Comments

• Options
    You may have one pet, they call it a "Combat Pet"
    Combat pets may be tamed from creatures in the world (I'm willing to bet a raptor is possible! we shall see... tame a fish? I bet yes as well, then when you swim you can summon your fish pet! We'll find out in alpha/beta!)
    https://aocwiki.net/Combat_pets

As for group gathering, group processing, I have not seen anything on that. My guess is no. For one, any item you craft your name is printed on it. So if two of you make some boots then who's name is printed on those boots? Obviously an easy fix if they want to make group crafting a thing for very elite craftables.
  • Options
    KnightPixieKnightPixie Member
    edited August 2020
    @Prose Cauldron so far the only item I've seen related to groups gathering to make a larger whole would be with summons: https://aocwiki.net/Summoner. Specifically look at the section called "Siege Summons". It looks like something may happen for other archetypes, but I'm not sure if this is just for the purpose of Siege.
  • Options
    Hi @Prose Cauldron !

These are some heftier questions, and would make for great topics to discuss in the General Discussion forum section instead of the Support and FAQ area in the future. ;)

Any confirmation on bonuses tied to gathering/processing/crafting as a group? An example being something like two players being able to tame a creature that's otherwise beyond their capacities individually. I would love to tame something wildly dangerous with a few buddies.

There are a few General Discussion threads on this topic if you want to pop in and discuss your thoughts on it, but we have not talked extensively about this from the development side yet.
    Another line of questions related to animal husbandry: Will we be able to raise animals like wolves, raptors, badgers, etc. for combat? If so what would be the upper limit of animal combatants, and would these animals be treated as party members for the purpose of buff effects from something like a bard?

There will be some combat-oriented pets you can raise through animal husbandry. These pets will incorporate some of their owner's power in a way that keeps the power progression horizontal, but we have not gone into a lot of detail on this.

We'd definitely love to hear folks thoughts on these topics though. (I'd recommend popping over to the General Discussions threads and chatting about it over there! :smiley: )

I'll be closing this thread now, but if there are any further issues we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out.
    marketing.gif
This discussion has been closed.