Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Under the Frost

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited January 2021 in Announcements
voyager_plus.jpg

Countless miles away, among the perilous peaks of frozen mountains, ancient things lie still. The inexorable hand of civilization reaches outward, and yet, in the rush for progress, many find themselves lost in the white as the cold closes in around them. This land is ever eager to bring any outsiders into its icy clutches.

The Under the Frost cosmetic addons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from December 2, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until January 13, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that the Harvest’s Dawn addons will be removed on December 2, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2020-12-01-under-the-frost
marketing.gif

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Time to get me old Christmas avatar to match :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Since weapons on costumes are not included, I am wondering if it would be better to NOT include them in the artwork. I imagine many, especially the newer community members, may be thinking they will get those cool icy weapons. (Nods to our amazing artists, by the way! We love what you do!)
  • What is the definition of Cosmetic here? Games I have played to this point do not use that term
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    IrieMon wrote: »
    What is the definition of Cosmetic here? Games I have played to this point do not use that term

they are skins that can be used on your PC, freehold or mount
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm with @horendis if you are not selling the weapons as well, do NOT include them in the artwork; it's very misleading even if you do put a written notice.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• horendis wrote: »
    Since weapons on costumes are not included, I am wondering if it would be better to NOT include them in the artwork.
    T Elf wrote: »
    I'm with @horendis if you are not selling the weapons as well, do NOT include them in the artwork; it's very misleading even if you do put a written notice.

Will forward along the feedback.

IrieMon wrote: »
    What is the definition of Cosmetic here? Games I have played to this point do not use that term

These are Cosmetic Skins you can apply to your character, items, mounts, pets, and buildings in-game if they have a Cosmetic Slot option. Think about it like transmogging in other games you've played. :D
    marketing.gif
  • I understand that the first tier is set at 75 because of the additions with it but what happens if you buy from multiple months? You have a lot of copies and currency you didn't really want if you just want the cosmetics.
  • DoctorCo wrote: »
    I understand that the first tier is set at 75 because of the additions with it but what happens if you buy from multiple months? You have a lot of copies and currency you didn't really want if you just want the cosmetics.

If you already have a pre-order pack, you have the ability to purchase future individual cosmetics (at the same or lower level as your current pack) as add-ons. So that is not an issue. =P
    marketing.gif