Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Try before buy

khamtheorckhamtheorc Member
edited September 2021 in Support & FAQ
Hello.
I'm an old MMORPG fan since UltimaOnline and EverQuest1.
Disappointed by recent productions, I am trying to find out if my PC will be able to allow me to play.
I'm not (again) going to buy a pack without trying.
Regards.

Comments

• Well, currently the only way to access the Alpha is to purchase a pack. If you're not interested, then join in the conversation on the forum and enjoy the content created from streamers / testers.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There will be no box cost. Just wait for launch and sub for the $15 then and try it out.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Alpha costs money in part to limit the number of people who join to prevent overloading the server. It's not a stress test. They are also not concerned with testing hardware requirements yet. Maybe there will be a way to refund if you play less than x hours after the game releases, but if not it's only $15.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    I'm gonna pop in here to sort of agree with
    There will be no box cost. Just wait for launch and sub for the $15 then and try it out.
    this quote.

If you're unsure about how the game will perform on your machine, and you (understandably) don't want to purchase a testing package (which the next Alpha-2 testing phase date isn't announced yet), I would recommend waiting a while longer when the game is further in development so that you can get a better idea! There are system requirements information available, but being that the game is in an Alpha state, they can be a bit finicky.

I moved this thread to Support & FAQ and I'm going to close it out. Lmk if you have any further questions and you can always message me and Sarah on Discord as well! :)

community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.