Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Roshen Joins Intrepid Studios as Sr. Community Manager

2»

Comments

• Options
    NephinNephin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Welcome, @Roshen ! :)
  • Options
    WulfenthradWulfenthrad Member
    edited January 2022
    Welcome @Roshii I hope that you have as much fun being here as we do!
  • Options
    JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Welcome man! It's nice to meet you!
  • Options
    Welcome to the team. Congrats and good luck in the future as the game progresses.
    0c82da5d0f765c1653f603ec09c207c0c14f85a0_full.jpg
  • Options
    NaylorNaylor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Welcome Roshen!!
    I don't suppose you would know who was responsible for the Barkimedes posting on Twitter for New World? Could you be responsible for that stuff?
  • Options
    Naylor wrote: »
    Welcome Roshen!!
    I don't suppose you would know who was responsible for the Barkimedes posting on Twitter for New World? Could you be responsible for that stuff?

It would be wholly inappropriate to share New World staff knowledge now that he has left, and especially bad to share it as an employee of Intrepid.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @Roshen and good luck
    3hmamy1ekfqy.gif
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    Welcome @Roshen
    Q: In your experience, what's the best thing we can do to help build a better community? Anything specific to forums?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    RoshenRoshen Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited January 2022
    maouw wrote: »
    Welcome @Roshen
    Q: In your experience, what's the best thing we can do to help build a better community?

The two big areas are generally "engagement" and "being welcoming."

Engagement - Create things for other players to engage with, and engage with the things others create. Discord, fan websites, and wikis are a few examples of places where passionate members of the community share information and discuss the game. If you participate in creating things for other players (or even just engage with the resources others create), that helps towards building a better community.

Being Welcoming - If we want to build a better community, we need to be able to grow it. It's more challenging to grow, if people behave in a way that pushes others away.
    maouw wrote: »
    Anything specific to forums?

In addition to what I said above, write good titles for your posts. Check to see if the same topic is being discussed, before starting a new one.

I know this isn't always intuitive, but in my experience players come to the forums with intent to find information, or discuss a topic. If they can find what they're looking for, they're more likely to come back. Good gaming forum communities make it easier for players to find what they're looking for.
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    As all others have said and I'll repeat.. Welcome!!

As an EQ launch day participant it is nice to see someone pop a reference to a great game in its day.

I wonder if you have a philosophy on the kind of support or encouragement a CM would provide to the wonderful 3rd party websites that can add so much to a games general experience and knowledge for the player base?

Do you have any out reach plans you can discuss or are these considered two separate worlds?

Thank you
  • Options
    RoshenRoshen Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hi @Caww! I appreciate the warm welcome, and I'm excited to be here.
    Caww wrote: »
    I wonder if you have a philosophy on the kind of support or encouragement a CM would provide to the wonderful 3rd party websites that can add so much to a games general experience and knowledge for the player base?

I agree that 3rd party sites do add so much to the general experience and knowledge base for the larger community. For a huge game like Ashes of Creation, I know sites like these are going to matter a great deal to players.

My general philosophy regarding Community support for resources like these, is we should spotlight the good examples from the fan community. This makes it easier for players to find these resources, and acknowledges the people and the work that make these resources possible.
    Caww wrote: »
    Do you have any out reach plans you can discuss or are these considered two separate worlds?

For information on how we support creators and fansites, see the page here: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-05-08-introducing-the-intrepid-studios-content-creator-program

If you've seen creators or sites with referral codes, there's a pretty good chance we're chatting with them :)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Roshen wrote: »
    Ozijak wrote: »
    What are some of your favourite memories in MMOs?

My favorite MMO memories are the stories we tell, that OUR PEOPLE can relate to, regardless of what server we were on at a time.

A few examples:

EverQuest: Rallos Zek players organizing together as a server and deciding not to wake the Sleeper for several expansions. Later them coming together in an organized way across server to defeat the "unkillable raid boss."

World of Warcraft: Zul'Gurub corrupted blood making it into cities, and how each server reacted to the debuff spreading between players and NPCs.

Asheron's Call: The Shard of the Herald event, and players on the Thistledown server deciding to work WITH the event NPCs, instead of completing the event "as intended."

--

Even if we weren't playing these games on these servers when these things happened, we can ALL geek out about these things together. MMOs are more than just games. They're the stories we tell, and how we can relate to the stories others MMO players tell.

Morningthaw server here! AC was my first MMO (live in rural farming community in AZ) and I have a lot of warm memories from that game. I loved the area around Cragstone. There was a windmill that overlooked the town. I wanted to live there haha.

Was the Shard of the Herald the Martine/Virindi arc or was that Bael'zharon(sp)? I remember the shards nuking Holtburg (or was it Arwick?).

Two of my most endearing memories of AC were loitering around above the Subway watching pvp duels. I remember a guy by the name of Paraduck with a frost Nekode. Strafe casting was an art man!

The other was during the Martine arc. I was a trader then and like everyone else our mules were down in the portal-storm-free Subway. One busy day GM controlled Martine shows up amongst the gaggle of encumbered lvl 1 mules. Blood and guts everywhere. Ahh, good times.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Asheron's Call: The Shard of the Herald event, and players on the Thistledown server deciding to work WITH the event NPCs, instead of completing the event "as intended."

Oooh I was on Thistledown! My first MMORPG. Good times. I vaguely remember that event. :smiley:

• Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    edited February 2022
    Nerror wrote: »

Oooh I was on Thistledown! My first MMORPG. Good times. I vaguely remember that event. :smiley:

Did you spare a moment for self-flagellation and take a stroll through Darktide?

P.S. Recognize my pic?
  • Options
    DeeBeeDeeBee Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited February 2022
    Welcome to the community @Roshen !

Hope you have a great time at Intrepid !
    giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fnhcrgri7scqf53yhgic6kfzhvnk9oronhq7tg7n2&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2022
    pyreal wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »

Did you spare a moment for self-flagellation and take a stroll through Darktide?

P.S. Recognize my pic?

Only very briefly. Not long enough to really be remembered. I was with a group there, but I honestly forgot the names. :)

I didn't connect the pic before now, but now that you mention it, that's a pyreal scarab!
  • Options
    VelletyVellety Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Welcome Roshen! :)
  • Options
    The4thComingThe4thComing Member
    edited February 2022
    Welcome @Roshen
    Very happy to see the intrepid team growing.
    Untitled-1-4.gif
  • Options
    Thoric The BraveThoric The Brave Member, Founder, Warrior of Old
    Welcome to Ashes of Creation.
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'll hope you have a blast here with all of us @Roshen <3
  • Options
    Holy balls. I played World of Warcraft with this guy back during Cataclysm. Looks like we're in good hands.. so long as you don't mind filthy Ret Paladins.