Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The Road To Desolation

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited May 2022 in Announcements
monthly_cosmetics_1920---Voyager-Plus---Background.jpg

It is difficult to comprehend why some would settle in the badlands of Desolation. Life is harsh, foul, and fleeting, but with the great risk comes the potential for great reward.

The Road To Desolation cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from April 6, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until May 11, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that Secrets of Shadeglen addons will be removed on April 6, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2022-04-05-the-road-to-desolation
community_management.gif

Comments

• kryPrimkryPrim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    New Mount Skin:

Couldn't you do the "panther tail" in scorpion optics?, find the mix with scorpion super interesting.
    But the combination as you see it now, I find unfortunately still too little

Would like to get it for me when it was revised
  • BrianDaddyBrianDaddy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Love it all! Keep up that great work team
    xU7tJe6.png
  • Can i ask a maybe dumb question? What can the freehold building skin go on? Is it a specific building type on a freehold or any building on a freehold, or maybe just the main house building itself? If it is a specific building type is there a way to know? I have seen like a lighthouse and stuff so idk if it would make sense to be able to make that your house but i honestly have no idea lol.
  • Very cool stuff. I really like this aesthetic.

Noob question. Does the costume work for every race? i.e. Dwarf themed costume works on an Orc?
  • Awww man hahaha that armour and the hood look sick, and the mount looks so badass. I still want a black and green set, a dragon set, but I think I've finally found an A2 pack I like enough to get haha. Its not in the shop yet tho? Still lists the old one
  • Yep, this looks like the rogue kit i've been waiting for.
  • I like it. Now I have to think of a justification for spending 375$ To my wife….
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Lithion wrote: »
    Can i ask a maybe dumb question? What can the freehold building skin go on? Is it a specific building type on a freehold or any building on a freehold, or maybe just the main house building itself? If it is a specific building type is there a way to know? I have seen like a lighthouse and stuff so idk if it would make sense to be able to make that your house but i honestly have no idea lol.

We're continuing to work with our design team to provide details on what type of freehold building each cosmetic would cover, for both past and future items!
    community_management.gif
    felwinter wrote: »
    Very cool stuff. I really like this aesthetic.

Noob question. Does the costume work for every race? i.e. Dwarf themed costume works on an Orc?

Cosmetics can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race. ^_^
    community_management.gif
    Ozijak wrote: »
    Awww man hahaha that armour and the hood look sick, and the mount looks so badass. I still want a black and green set, a dragon set, but I think I've finally found an A2 pack I like enough to get haha. Its not in the shop yet tho? Still lists the old one

I hear ya! Dragon stuff is always super cool <3
    Glad to hear that you enjoy this set!
    community_management.gif
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2022
    Got them all. Thank you for the opportune moment. I think I've gained clarity. I will use these base cosmetics, withered female Py-Rai Shaman and The Risen Guardian Mount. I'd still use my trees and others beautiful Py-Rai structures though. Of course, preferences can change in game after discoveries but I like to have a mental image to aim for at the start.

I'm just a little concerned around horns and hoods, however, withered Py-Rai has the smallest horns I believe. Dygz said the smallest horns might be hidden by the hood but any clarification would be appreciated.

Thank you for your work.

Cheers,
    Neu

Edit: I understand you state that cosmetic skins will change to accommodate individual races. The reason I ask about Hoods and Horns is because for some years I've mostly purchased Hooded Cloaks and Hooded Costumes. Then obviously, Py-Rai renditions were released and the official line said something like 'Horns will be seen regardless of headwear'. So, my request relates to issues around whether I can use all my purchased Hoods in the manner first thought of, or, if I need to rethink my stance on the hood issue and change my purchase patterns in future.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
    @Shoelid asked about the height of the Ghastly Ghoul cosmetic pet in the livestream Q&A thread. I wanted to answer that here for everyone!

The cosmetic pets are not large. In general, they won't go above average character knee height. This includes this month's cosmetic pet!
    community_management.gif
  • derpderp Member
    So gutted I missed this one