Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Griefing

2»

Comments

• NiKrNiKr Member
    Goalid wrote: »
    Huh, swear I saw something in the wiki say it was only equipped gear. That's good though.
    Death penalties page says this
    "A corrupt (red player) suffers penalties at four times the rate of a non-combatant, and has a chance to drop any carried/equipped items based on their current corruption score.
    This includes: Dropping weapons and gear.
    "
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Avoxtrium wrote: »
    @George_Black , i think in my head i have debated how large guilds and alliances could best take over dungeons and other important content and this is the way i imagine it. With a huge guild you could gatekeep people easier especially if you create a system like the one i described. Holding a dungeon entrance so others cant reap its rewards is difficult for a guild but doable. However if you bring in homesteads and allow guilds to setup around dungeons and gatekeep through that you become significantly more effective since your players defending said dungeon have a lot more to gain from doing so.

Then people should stop feeling victimized, stop labelling everything griefing, socialize, organize, make guilds/alliances, get good in PvP and fight back.

All the issues you bring up as griefing is actually what open world pvp means.

And if you debated in your head that guilds gatekeep, I have played that scenario in L2 mmo. And it was great.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Avoxtrium wrote: »
    @George_Black , i think in my head i have debated how large guilds and alliances could best take over dungeons and other important content and this is the way i imagine it. With a huge guild you could gatekeep people easier especially if you create a system like the one i described. Holding a dungeon entrance so others cant reap its rewards is difficult for a guild but doable. However if you bring in homesteads and allow guilds to setup around dungeons and gatekeep through that you become significantly more effective since your players defending said dungeon have a lot more to gain from doing so.
    They said we can't put freeholds too close to dungeons/roads, so it won't be as easy. But it's also a normal mechanic. If you want to go into that controlled dungeon - find another guild that wants it too and go kick the controller's ass.
  • @NiKr @George_Black I agree with both or your statements, i am merely trying to bring up arguments so that each counter point is at least thought of. I still think the level to which this is effective will be heavily dictated by the proximity requirements of dungeons/roads and the value and cost of being a BH and the cost of setting up freeholds in this way.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven defines griefing as killing Non-Combatants.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Azherae wrote: »
    Karthos wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Are Corrupted still counted as Family?
    Steven has said the game basically treats Corrupted like monsters and... you can't Family Summon a monster.
    Corrupted cannot be Family Summoned, so it seems highly likely that Corruted cannot Family Summon, either.

This is actually a really good question I didn't consider. Would be worth a confirmation on this.

Well, I've got no specific questions in mind for this month's Q&A segment, so you can leave it to me. What exactly are we asking?

"Can a Corrupted Player use the Family Summon Mechanic, from either side, either summoning Family or being summoned?"

That's a good Q&A question right there!
    community_management.gif
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Good.
    All in all
    Steven defines griefing as killing Non-Combatants.

Man get the hell out of here...
    After you.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Speaking of griefing....will we be able to heal mobs? It was an effective anti-bot tactic in L2.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    tautau wrote: »
    Speaking of griefing....will we be able to heal mobs? It was an effective anti-bot tactic in L2.
    But definitely forbid healing bosses, cause seeing Antharas' hp go back to full from <50% was really painful and all just because one enemy bishop managed to hide in the corner of the cave.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Awww @NiKr - if they weren't wise enough to clear the room of enemy healers, didn't they deserve what happened?

(Lady's Cardinal, Erika Server, Invalescere guild)
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    tautau wrote: »
    Awww @NiKr - if they weren't wise enough to clear the room of enemy healers, didn't they deserve what happened?

(Lady's Cardinal, Erika Server, Invalescere guild)
    I mean, true, but outside of that there was a ton of other times when open world bosses got healed by a random healer just for shits and giggles. And as much as I laughed at it back then and would laugh at it now, I highly doubt people would like that lol.

And I'd say my nicknames from back in the day, but I mainly played on russian private servers, so I doubt anyone here would know them.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That sounds extra funny.
    Run up and start healing a raid boss or even dungeon leet mobs. Just for the lol's.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    That sounds extra funny.
    Run up and start healing a raid boss or even dungeon leet mobs. Just for the lol's.
    We used to PK any healer-looking players on sight, just because there was a heal that restored % of hp instead of direct values, so even one cast could fuck up our farm so it was easier to just kill anyone approaching the boss than risk it getting healed.
  • edited April 2022
    NiKr wrote: »
    We used to PK any healer-looking players on sight, just because there was a heal that restored % of hp instead of direct values, so even one cast could fuck up our farm so it was easier to just kill anyone approaching the boss than risk it getting healed.

True, as long as it isn't a %HP heal, Using heals on a boss would be fine.
    And it should definitely mark the healer as a combatant for doing that the same way it did in L2.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
    As a Druid, I wish we had more opportunities to heal mobs.
    Where, we have rival Nodes, seems like it would be nice to be able to heal some local mobs as enemies try to subjugate or destroy/kill the mobs.

Might take another decade to design that well.
  • mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Azherae wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-qPEbHKdmQ&amp;t=5535s
    Mark 1:32:15

FAISAL: What about Corrupted people?
    STEVEN: "If they have a Corruption Score, they won't be able to be Summoned. Combat status or Corruption Score or Event flag.
    Well, that shortens the question, but might still be good to ask it anyways, so now it's just:

"Can a Corrupted Player use the Family Summon system to call their Family?"

Of course Faisal, a murder hobo wrapped in a blanket would want to know that ;):)
  • Do you loose corruption on death? or is it only by farming/time or what not havant quit red up 100% on it myself self yet.

Here the thing is you die by anyone you still get the same penlaty anyway aka xp loss/item drops. Yeah ur family member could gat ur items and pass it back but couldnt you also trade the item to the family member anyway (Assuming u can still trade as corrupted players to friendly players aka group members/guildmembers (This could be an issue potentially) so realy there no point killing a friend.

You best bet i think as corrupted player is to deposit items you can loose/offload them asap without dieing then farm to lower corruption. If your bout to hit the threshold of dropping equipment most currupted player will stop there to either swap out items or to burn penalty down before doing more pvp which is fine because then the system is working. it there to prevent murder hoboing realy.

edited April 2022
    You lose a signifcant portion of Corruption from death. That death will also give you 4x normal death penalties.
    You can also slowly lose Corruption by gaining xp.

While Corrupted, the game basically treats you like a mob, so...I dunno that you will be able to trade with other players.

Corruption is intended to deter murder hoboing, so that it's exceedingly rare; not to prevent it.