Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Weird WEAPONS

AcijAcij Member
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
I was wondering if there will be weird weapons, maybe not necessarily new type perhaps just look, some can fall under already existing types. Since its fantasy world.
Maybe like Chain weapon(whip), or Trident(spear), or Big Cross(great warhammer), Big Bone(mace/club),...just look.
Actually new weird fantasy weapon that have complete new type or something.

Comments

• Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Here is a sample of the expected weapons but they all look kinda normal for what they are.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Weapons
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Well there was that one 'weird' legendary blunt weapon from Cyberpunk 2077 (if you played it, you know what I'm talking about). That was funny as hell.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited July 2022
    I think there is certainly a possibility of some unique and interesting weapons in Ashes of Creation 😉 We'll have to stay tuned to see what our designers and artists come up with!

What are some additional examples you all can think of for weird, unique, and cool weapons you'd like to see in Verra?
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    NorkoreNorkore Member
    edited July 2022
    Vaknar wrote: »
    I think there is certainly a possibility of some unique and interesting weapons in Ashes of Creation 😉 We'll have to stay tuned to see what our designers and artists come up with!

What are some additional examples you all can think of for weird, unique, and cool weapons you'd like to see in Verra?

It'd be nice to have 1 handed flails. I barely see any games have this weapon, but I think it could go well with a shield! (the basic attack animations might be difficult to make though x_x)
  • Options
    WaryaseiWaryasei Member
    edited July 2022
    Definitely the 1 handed flail with 3 chains would be dope. Also morning star maces and 1 handed sickle( don't know what catergory of weapon this would be though o.o), also sai weapons as daggers for those that enjoy something more close to ninja (i guess assasin ?) (sai was used for stabbing in real life since it does not have a blade so probably a little different than dagger I guess ? a sub category maybe ?), i don't know if a fencing foil weapon would work with the fantasy of the game but might as well add it here in case people actually want it. Other weapons nice to see would be whips/chains with a needle/spiked ball at the end, heavy flails (like long staff with a smaller staff chained to it), Meteor hammer (yeah this thing was a real weapon too and can be added to a new weapon type chain weapons too if the devs want)

TLDR: 3 chain flail / 1 handed sickle / Sai / fencing foil / whips / 2 handed heavy flails / Meteor hammer (note that all weapons proposed here are real, for those that wish to see more real weapons in game instead of only fantasy, including the meteor hammer :wink: ) (also these can be cosmetics instead of weapons of themself, I am sure people won't mind, I sure wouldn't :smiley: )
  • Options
    Night WingsNight Wings Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2022
    I would love a fist weapon that doesn't necessarily kills someone, but stuns/staggers them if they get hit enough times making them unconscious for like 2-3mins for that "bar fight" >:)

Link down below has list of fist weapons that look pretty cool.
    (https://www.wowhead.com/items/weapons/fist-weapons)

From another post some people wanted a scythe (other's didnt lol) they also mentioned Lances which sounds interesting.

Also think war glaive weapons are cool as well
    cdfb3a65a18c23f506ea2a03dccd4da2.png

• Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    Vaknar wrote: »

Hammerstaff and Swordstaff
  • Options
    Give me my ultra greatsword please xD cz1kgnc4kcit.png
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »

There will not be "oversized" weapons.[138]
  • Options
    edited July 2022

I dont think they're going for the big buster blades common in JRPG. As much as I enjoy the UGS in many games myself, it's not something they're planning for, especially in that kind of sense lol.

My guess would be the 2h sword we saw in the recent demo is probably going to be ideally the largest size for 2h swords. With this is mind, I'm curious how the other two handed weapons will look. I know some may be upset with this comment but... I hope they dont add a spec that can dual wield 2-handed weapons...

One of the coolest things I enjoyed about games like DS3 and ER, was being able to toggle between 2-handed a single weapon regardless of its size.
  • Options

I dont think they're going for the big buster blades common in JRPG. As much as I enjoy the UGS in many games myself, it's not something they're planning for, especially in that kind of sense lol.

My guess would be the 2h sword we saw in the recent demo is probably going to be ideally the largest size for 2h swords. With this is mind, I'm curious how the other two handed weapons will look. I know some may be upset with this comment but... I hope they dont add a spec that can dual wield 2-handed weapons...

One of the coolest things I enjoyed about games like DS3 and ER, was being able to toggle between 2-handed a single weapon regardless of its size.

How do you know what they are planning, its still in development so anything is possible. Also that two handed sword isnt that big. WoW had large sword as well size wise.
  • Options

This isn't over sized :)
  • Options

How do you know what they are planning, its still in development so anything is possible. Also that two handed sword isnt that big. WoW had large sword as well size wise.

yes, wow does have over sized weapons, it can look ridiculous at times :smile:

IIRC, Steven mentioned it. they didn't want over sized weapons as @Night Wings responded with. You're correct in the sense it's in development and anything is possible but based on context of what Steven said, it is heavily implied that they're not doing oversized buster blade-like weapons.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited July 2022
    I don't see anything over sized i just see a unique weapon type. And a real two handed sword :)
  • Options
    I don't see anything over sized i just see a unique weapon type. And a real two handed sword :)

perspectives :smile:
    that soul caliber weapon is a good example of oversized weapons. Another example would be things like DS3 great hammers, great axes etc. Those are ideally oversized weapons in this context.

As mentioned, curious to see example of the other weapon types.
  • Options
    I don't see great sword, great hammers, etc as over sized weapons.
  • Options
    It just be a different variant of a great sword that is thicker and its own unique look to it
  • Options
    I don't see great sword, great hammers, etc as over sized weapons.

again, perspectives :smile: those examples provided are considered as oversized weapons for what they're referring to. Unless the studio comes out and says other wise, that's what is implied in context.
  • Options
    Those are from ashes of creation devs :)
  • Options
    Those are from ashes of creation devs :)

that doesn't tell me much of anything in terms of scaling and character model rigging.

Ask them about in the next Q & A and use that soul caliber or great weapons in souls game as a reference point. I would be curious to know their current stance on it as well :smile:
  • Options

This isn't over sized :)

Right its just the model of the picture right hes just a small guy lmfao xD

https://imgur.com/zNr2biw
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hope not, want to see this game releasing before 2030 and theres already way to much stuff to do, don't want to see anything else besides what they already talked about
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Different cultures through history have had some pretty unique weapon designs- Kamas, sais, tiger hooks, just off the top of my head. With a bit of fantasy flair you could make a lot of neat stuff without resorting to giant cartoon paddles.