My one QOL request!

BaltanBaltan Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
I would LOVE being able to scale up *all* font, my eyesight is pretty bad and I hope there's good accessibility settings😭

Comments

• Same here, I usually have my fonts and mouse cursor at 150% or more.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    We understand that having robust accessibility options and settings is important to many of our players. We want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy Ashes of Creation! :)

I've taken note that being able to increase font and cursor size is important. If there are any additional accessibility-related settings you feel would be important for your experience, feel free to drop another comment here!
    community_management.gif
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vaknar wrote: »
    We understand that having robust accessibility options and settings is important to many of our players. We want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy Ashes of Creation! :)

I've taken note that being able to increase font and cursor size is important. If there are any additional accessibility-related settings you feel would be important for your experience, feel free to drop another comment here!

being able to assign specific skill or skill cooldown icons to singular sots and freely move/resize them around the screen would be really nice

i1512096325431484.jpeg
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Baltan wrote: »
    I would LOVE being able to scale up *all* font, my eyesight is pretty bad and I hope there's good accessibility settings😭

I have my computer hooked up to a TV and play on my couch, so I usually need to scale everything too.
  • Perhaps look into color disabilities too, some friends always remain or go into green azid pools.
  • We already have our colours for combatant types and corrupted, but also colour options with guild names for people in my guild, guilds my guild is allied with and a guild we are at war with.

It was in the melee stream showing how we can change the font size and colour for damage which I really like.

I would also like to see options to change the size of ability buttons and minimaps and all sorts on the UI.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022

Text-to-speech options for all NPC dialogue when accepting a quest, or just when reading a piece of lore, is a great accessibility feature for people who have dyslexia or have a hard time reading in general. Nothing fancy, no expensive voice actors, just an automated voice like Brian or Emma that we know from other places. It's fine if they mispronounce words a little. It's about accessibility, we don't need to go all SWTOR up in the place.
  • Nerror wrote: »

Text-to-speech options for all NPC dialogue when accepting a quest, or just when reading a piece of lore, is a great accessibility feature for people who have dyslexia or have a hard time reading in general. Nothing fancy, no expensive voice actors, just an automated voice like Brian or Emma that we know from other places. It's fine if they mispronounce words a little. It's about accessibility, we don't need to go all SWTOR up in the place.

That's a fantastic idea! My husband is dyslexic and really struggles sometimes, I think he'd feel more encouraged to play on release if he had that option🙂