Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What type of community is AoC looking to foster?

2»

Comments

• Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    I refuse to believe this is not a troll.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My advice would be to stop consuming content that you find offensive or derogatory towards certain marginalized groups. Personally I find that there are plenty of words that given the context can be either offensive or pretty harmless (idiot, moron, b*tch, etc).

And I have yet to come across someone expressing distaste for Narcs content because they've felt belittled or attacked by it but then again, I don't read the comments all that much.

Also, since you mentioned dissapointment towards Asmon not taking notice of the use of the 'R' word:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4mQQu9NGWgE&ab_channel=DailyDoseOfClips
  • Options
    VinnyVinny Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    I'm Autistic... Words can't hurt you, grow the fuck up and stop trying to censor comedy.

This may sound harsh but some people really need to be told to grow up before they start trying to fuck over other people.
  • Options
    BR0CKBR0CK Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Intent matters, and I completely disagree that "some jokes just aren't funny". Yeah maybe to you, but you don't get to gatekeep words and dictate what's humorous to others.
  • Options
    Ashesofcreation Community, I am really worried that people like this (the one that made this post) will start to emerge.

As a plus-ultra-super-voyager-pre-order (I paid a lot ;) )that follows this game from 2010 when Steven had the idea that night in his bed I would appreciate start reviewing this type of gamers.

Im not into cancel culture but maybe we need to start baning this kind of posts. I dont like them, they offend me and I think he donesnt know how bad they make me feel.

Best regards.

Nric
  • Options
    You have to be either a child or rude to say things like that. I remember in high school I used those words and worse for fun. I'm older now and I'm not a dick so I don't use them anymore.

Not everyone is pleasant to be around but that's what's so nice about meeting chill people.
  • Options
    Oh god. This is going to be NW all over again. Entitled American Activists trying to crap over everything getting triggered by anything no matter how small or insignificant. Narc is a British YouTuber who uses British comedy. If you get offended by narc then never watch anything created in the UK and Never visit the country. Remember guys the entire world has to follow the sensibilities of Woke entitled American Autists. Other cultures aren't allowed to be diverse or different or even have a sense of Humor, though you will likely be safe with german content creators no humour there =P
  • Options
    Wada_FuhWada_Fuh Member
    edited October 2022
    What? Narc is a spokesman for the community of AoC?
    I may not be fond of the way he makes his videos, but branding him as a spokesman!? Nah, no way.
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    in before the lock

• Options
    TLDR

Sticks and stones may break my bones,
    But words will only harm me if I let them,
    Words are cheap, actions speak louder.

I think Narc's content is a bit cringe at times. But I think members of a community that hasn't developed the skill of critical thinking and thick skin are members I would avoid. It is easy to offend people these days. I think it is more mentally and emotionally damaging to have to walk on egg shells around people. And that seems to grow more common as the younger generations become more and more delicate in their ego.

I think AoC is going to be a game that will have an interesting mix of players. The openly toxic players will die off quickly, the overtly toxic might stick around for much longer. On this plat form, we must of course mind our Ps and Qs. However, I would quickly drop this project and want nothing for it if I am told how to speak beyond a professional demeanor.

I will look at the ESO community as an example. I do not think the game really deserves an M rating. It is a very open community where we can make adult oriented but not necessarily elicit jokes. I find it despicable that people get offended and turned it into a TOS violation for T-bagging. I then look at the Rust community. That is toxic through and through.

I think there is a balance and equilibrium that we should all reach for. Where we as people tolerate up to a point because people are people. And where we learn to speak up for things we know is unacceptable.

Narc pretty tame and vanilla. His jokes and skits can be cringe, and I see no reason for him to change his content. If it doesn't suit you, watch something else. If you have a vendetta against him, support someone else or make your own content to rival them. These are my opinions and beliefs on the matter.
    MY Own NIckle Co-operates with an EYE. -Mīonikoī.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Having an opinion is fine and so is disagreeing with one's opinion. However, let's remember to be well unto one another here on the forums. :smiley:

Closing this thread.
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.