Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

"Tower Challenge" Idea fleshed out hopefully

2»

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NiKr wrote: »
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    I feel like the community is vastly under formed over all? We have maybe 5% of the total players that will ever try AOC actually even aware of AOC as it stands right now. Of those 5% maybe 25% meaningfully interact on the forums twitter or reddit. To say one dislikes the community seems premature. Plus everyone knows the loudest players are almost always the minority. For example not a single one of my guild mates post regularly on any of AOC media.
    My comments "represent" probably a good 10-15 people that are interested in Ashes, but are in no way as deep as me. But even if each active forum member has a few dozen people behind them with the exact same thoughts as them - that's a drop in the ocean of the potential playerbase of the game.

It comes down to if you believe 'drops' are generally representative of the whole.

I happen to believe that, so 'Dygz jumping ship' for example (see what I did there) makes me think 'oh this is kind of bad'.

It's just my background (gaming community I ran, analytics from past jobs).

And even then, I'll note again @Voxtrium, this isn't about me and I'm not planning to 'make points on behalf of that person'. I have my own opinions on Ashes and its community at the moment.

All I will say is that MMOs have a different way this works because the less casual a player is, particularly in a PvX MMO, the larger the influence and effect they have on the larger community. In this sense, I agree with my friend. A relatively smaller number of 'unpleasant people' in an MMO causes the game experience to be unpleasant faster than in other Genres.

If you disagree with that too, then it's fine, there was never any need to discuss it. I suppose we could tie it back by 'considering how it would affect the experience of the Challenge Tower', but aside from that, it's leaning into the derail.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    You've certainly put a lot of thought into this! It's been fun to read through thoughts and discussions on the idea :)
    community_management.gif