Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Number of Apartments in a Node

2»

Comments

• Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Great thought-starter! It will be interesting to see the max population of a server evolving, and how the population spreads out between nodes. Seeing many people interact with the housing systems will provide some valuable insight that I'm excited to see! :)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    I'd say no limits. If over population is an issue than its an issue the players created for themselves.

Overpop in one area creates opportunities in anorher area. Then you have a naturally evolving economy.

Players can then sort themselves out as they choose.
  • Options
    rocsekrocsek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Fantmx wrote: »
    rocsek wrote: »
    So a single person can own 3 homes? You don't have to be a citizen to own a home, but you have to own a home to be a citizen. If that is right something is off with that formula

That is what they have said. Probably for the real estate possibilities.

Ahh ok. Thinking of it that way makes a bit more sense. Added game loop for people to try and participate in.
    Kaos & Lace Cartel
    "Come join us as you wont like the taste of the Grapefruits we're throwing at our enemies."

"Never settle for what you think you know" - C. Krauthammer
  • Options
    Diamaht wrote: »
    I'd say no limits. If over population is an issue than its an issue the players created for themselves.

Overpop in one area creates opportunities in anorher area. Then you have a naturally evolving economy.

Yeah, if there are no restrictions, presumably given time the world will find its natural rhythm.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »

Yeah, if there are no restrictions, presumably given time the world will find its natural rhythm.

It'll be interesting to see where the player hubs form.

It would be nice to see real differences between the servers.
  • Options

You can't have overpopulation. At most the overpopulation would be of hardcore players who can afford the citizenship price. Buying an instanced appartment gets more expensive the more people in the node and it also depends if they Mayor decides to build more housing.
    So either there are no appartments or the cost is too high.
    I presume poor people will live in the edges of the zone of influence of largest node and walk a lot to the main node to sell their certs and materials.