Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is there a transmog system like wow has?

One of the fun things about wow was the transmog system. Have they said anything about having a system like that in this game?

Comments

• Options
    RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would not object to it. I think it adds a lot to the game, and gives another objective to do, which is gather custom looks. Would be very good for role players as well.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    from the wiki : Gear will have appearance slots (Transmutation/Transmog/cosmetic slots) that are used to copy the appearance of an item (in some cases)

so some items - more info here : https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Appearance_slots
  • Options
    hleVhleV Member
    As long as you don't make a plate piece look like cloth.
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    hleV wrote: »
    As long as you don't make a plate piece look like cloth.

cosmetics will do this

• Options
    I know there will be a skins option that covers over your wardrobe. Idk if at a later time we will be able to transmog individual pieces though...
  • Options
    Honestly I think that's one of the best done features blizzard has made.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    RazThemun wrote: »
    I know there will be a skins option that covers over your wardrobe. Idk if at a later time we will be able to transmog individual pieces though...

Gear can be transmogrified using the appearance slot system to do individual pieces as opposed to the costume system which overwrites the entire paper doll of your outfit.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    There will be ''transmog'' and there will be gear sets that cover everything. (the ones from the shop). If you got the Nikua beach/fishing cosmetic last Month i guess people with Plate Armor can look like they're going to the Beach. haha
    uwu
  • Options
    There will have to be something similar, as there are cosmetic armor items already.
  • Options
    RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Possibly could the skins purchased in the store be unique transmogs? This would still be unique and only obtained by backing the game but still have transmog for the rest of the people. I would love transmogs and have the skins also. This is a major draw for many people.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Caww wrote: »
    from the wiki : Gear will have appearance slots (Transmutation/Transmog/cosmetic slots) that are used to copy the appearance of an item (in some cases)

so some items - more info here : https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Appearance_slots

Awesome wiki link!

OP ( @Jindoshi ) You seem to have created a few threads with questions about the game. This is awesome to see! :) The community-run wiki is an awesome resource for learning much about the game, including the answer to your question (as @Caww kindly linked!) <3
    community_management.gif