Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Make your character an offline npc

There was a game I played a long time ago and don't remember the name. But I remember there a was a cool feature where you go in the city ,transform into a medium mushroom and players could buy what ever your selling AND you could log off and your character/mushroom would still be there for a time.

I think It could make the Node alive if players could make their characters offline and become an NPC, selling or even become guards.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Options
    Niiiiceeee. didn't see that, thank you
  • Options
    Having offline player characters roaming around their hometown as ambient NPCs could be cool. Might help nodes feel distinct from one another as the actual player population would influence the makeup of the crowds.
  • Options
    PercimesPercimes Member
    edited September 2023
    Solmyr wrote: »
    Having offline player characters roaming around their hometown as ambient NPCs could be cool. Might help nodes feel distinct from one another as the actual player population would influence the makeup of the crowds.

Everyone thought that elf was just a regular NPC until the day its player logged in and broke the routine...

Player logs in... : Damn it, my character sleepwalked to the tavern, again!
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    That would be cool. A corrupt player logs in and is instantly killed by his other character which is a guard :)
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I know this isn't relevant to the point, but was the game Fiesta Online by chance? If it was, that was the first online game I ever played when I was a kid and it has a super special place in my heart so I love seeing other people who know it too. If it wasn't...that's okay too...

fietaonline05b.jpg

If it was Fiesta though I know it made the cities look super messy though.
    I think it'd be neat if there was like an "offline patrons" section where players that slept at an inn or something have their avatars downstairs drinking at the bar or pretending to gamble at a table.
  • Options
    "Hey, let's make it so that when a player logs off, others can still buy from them."
    "Yeah, that's a good idea. Buuuuut..... let's turn them into a mushroom!!!"

Sounds like someone was on mushrooms during that conversation. :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    fiesta was fun
  • Options
    Jamation wrote: »
    I know this isn't relevant to the point, but was the game Fiesta Online by chance? If it was, that was the first online game I ever played when I was a kid and it has a super special place in my heart so I love seeing other people who know it too. If it wasn't...that's okay too...

fietaonline05b.jpg

If it was Fiesta though I know it made the cities look super messy though.
    I think it'd be neat if there was like an "offline patrons" section where players that slept at an inn or something have their avatars downstairs drinking at the bar or pretending to gamble at a table.

Yes it was! I don't remember much of the game tho, but 🍄 market yes haha. Was so much more fun than competing against Bots on the auction house (World of Warcraft..)
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited September 2023
    NiKr wrote: »

Nice assist, @NiKr :)

@Jedimenez There is soooooo much information on that community-run wiki. I highly recommend you dive down the rabbit hole! <3
    community_management.gif