Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questiong regarding account sharing

HartassenHartassen Member
edited October 2023 in Support & FAQ
I assume the answer to this question is yes but better safe than sorry.

When alpha 2 comes, am I allowed to let my friends play ashes of creation on my account, on my PC?

Or is that also considered account sharing?

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2023
    It is listed in their Terms. While you may think you can not get caught breaking those Terms and Conditions agreed to upon character creation, there have been plenty of instances in the past in games where someone will contact customer service with something like "Oh, my brother got onto my account and sold my legendary sword without my permission, I want it back!" or "I broke up with my girlfriend and we used to share characters on the account and now she deleted mine and took all my gold to go live with her new man in another node. Can I get a restore on that character?" Or you make someone in your life mad and they snitch you out with whatever Intrepid considers enough.

So while you assumed the answer is yes, the answer is NO.

Any account found to have been sold, shared, or accessed by a person other than the account creator may result in permanent closure of the account. This may also be applied retroactively against accounts that have been found in the past to have violated this policy.

https://support.ashesofcreation.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500012280122-Can-I-sell-share-gift-transfer-or-trade-my-Ashes-of-Creation-account-
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    I mean technically they haven't accessed my account, they've just sat down at my PC and played the game.

They don't have my password or account info.
  • Options
    I don't know how Intrepid could know that it's not you on the computer ;)

If they could that would be disturbing ...
  • Options
    Dagera wrote: »
    I don't know how Intrepid could know that it's not you on the computer ;)

If they could that would be disturbing ...

It's more like I don't want to take the risk if they don't allow it.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Don't take the risk, simple as that.

Let them watch over your shoulder. Let them tell you what to do. But don't let them play themselves.

Whether you game them your PW or not doesn't matter.
  • Options
    SomethingWittySomethingWitty Member, Staff, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Greeting Hartassen,

Account sharing is a violation of the Terms & Conditions. Players found to be sharing their accounts could face the possibility of account closure.

I am closing this thread. Please feel free to make a new post if you have any other questions.
    customer_support.gif
This discussion has been closed.