Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Community Voted RP Events For Forums (again)

I remember years ago there were threads that the community voted on each month with two choices to direct the story on the forums and this got me thinking... what happened to them?

For places like the tower of carphin, be interesting to have a small campaign on the forums for the community to adventure though that could potentially reveal some untold things about it?

just an idea on an old idea

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That was run by Toast. Who no longer works there. Vaknar and Roshen have their Office Hours and Monthly dev feedback things they do under their regime.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    That was run by Toast. Who no longer works there. Vaknar and Roshen have their Office Hours and Monthly dev feedback things they do under their regime.

thank you for letting me know
  • Options
    The good part is that Alpha 2 starts soon.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited October 2023
    Is this something you would like to see again?

It's funny this post came up. Myself and @Roshen were actually just discussing the Journey to Alpha One posts :)

If this is something you'd like to see again (or perhaps not), feel free to let us know here! ;)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »

It's funny this post came up. Myself and @Roshen were actually just discussing the Journey to Alpha One posts :)

If this is something you'd like to see again (or perhaps not), feel free to let us know here! ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing it again. They were entertaining plus as mentioned about if they slowly reveal something cool over time based on decisions made it could add something more unique to them.

Be a fun way to get the community involved with Easter eggs about upcoming content unveils etc
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff

For anyone passing by this thread, please feel free to drop your thoughts ;)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Sounds cool
  • Options
    The best storyteller is one who loves doing it, not one who makes it because that's his job.

Who will create the stories for AoC?
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2023
    Journey to Alpha 2 would be awesome.
    (I'm gonna vote to add this task to Ombwah's list. :p )
  • Options

YES PLEASE! Maybe this time have a separate one for the Forums and for Twitter, so we can see the different paths that each take. That's what'll happen on each server, so it'd be cool to see it in effect on the mini-story.

I remember years ago there were threads that the community voted on each month with two choices to direct the story on the forums and this got me thinking... what happened to them?

For places like the tower of carphin, be interesting to have a small campaign on the forums for the community to adventure though that could potentially reveal some untold things about it?

just an idea on an old idea

If not, we'll have to get together and make our own! o:)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Yes, not sure what to expect, but it could be fun and a great way to brain storm.
  • Options
    I have an unread message in this thread :/
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »

either something got deleted or someone edited something.
  • Options

I have a notification I cannot get rid of.
  • Options

I have a notification I cannot get rid of.

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2023

Yess I'd love to see something like Jorney to Alpha Two back! those were fun! Would be nice to have them be related to some of the zones/quest lines we will encounter in A2
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Somebody post something here please. I am trying to clear a notification in this tread which doesn't want to go away. Thanks.
  • Options
    Somebody post something here please. I am trying to clear a notification in this tread which doesn't want to go away. Thanks.

sure thing, I'll post as a reply and solo.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Sometimes the website doesn't catch up with posted messages because of back end traffic. I've had it at times where i read a thread and there was no edits or posts but there was still a new message.

If it still doesn't go away... report it as a bug for the website assuming the community managers are not already aware of it.
  • Options
    I made a ticket. First answer is that they cannot help.
    The problem was caused because I bookmarked the thread with that star and somebody posted and that post was deleted by moderators. And because I cannot see the post, the notification will also stay.
  • Options
    The problem was caused because I bookmarked the thread with that star and somebody posted and that post was deleted by moderators. And because I cannot see the post, the notification will also stay.

Sounds like several reason. Yeah tagging it as a favourites was definitely a source it seems lol
    So was it because you book marked it? or because it was still bookmarked?
  • Options

Sounds like several reason. Yeah tagging it as a favourites was definitely a source it seems lol

As far as I can tell the post was hidden and the account banned before I was able to visit the thread. Removing that bookmark marker does not help.
  • Options

As far as I can tell the post was hidden and the account banned before I was able to visit the thread. Removing that bookmark marker does not help.

Good to know. thank you :smile:

Does sound like a problem on their end for sure that could be corrected lol