Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Launcher

Has Intrepid said anything about their outside of game plans for their games.

Will they just go through steam?
Will they do a launcher like Bnet?
Will they have some weird online system for your account like the Mog Station?

I know WoW is just a shadow of what it used to be, but I did really like the clean and easy game/account management of the Bnet launcher... Before Activision infected it anyways.

Comments

• Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    It won't be on Steam, it'll have its own launcher.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Talents wrote: »

Did A1 have a launcher? Because Apoc was delivered through steam.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack

Yes, A1 had a launcher. Apoc was on Steam but the MMO has always been planned to have its own launcher.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Yup, they had their own launcher in A1. It worked ok for the most part, but is still needed some work obviously.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I love opening the launcher now and then just to listen to the music.
  • Options

ASMR copium tier :smile:
  • Options
    As a side note, I wouldn't mind if they made AoC available for the GeForce Now gaming platform, the GTX4080 rig would be nice to try.
  • Options

I had to uninstall the launcher, but a kind soul linked to where Intrepid got a lot of their music: https://www.premiumbeat.com/artist/immersive-music?page=2

I can't remember all the titles now, but I think Wondrous Nature and Epic Sail are two of them. They sound very familiar at least.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nerror wrote: »

I had to uninstall the launcher, but a kind soul linked to where Intrepid got a lot of their music: https://www.premiumbeat.com/artist/immersive-music?page=2

I can't remember all the titles now, but I think Wondrous Nature and Epic Sail are two of them. They sound very familiar at least.

Thank you very much! I did hear a couple that sounded like the music.
  • Options
    own would make sense. direct link to the cash shop, download app for parlor games, additional intrepid games. easy to promote sales in cash shop with promotions popping up with you log in.
  • Options
    What if all other MMOs are on some common launchers like Steam, when AoC is about to be released?
    What will AoC achieve by staying away? Maybe avoid having "over a million concurrent users at launch.[6]" which could prevent merging servers 3-4 months later.
    If the reason is to have 20% more profit then that decision must be taken into account by estimating if they get 20% more players or not by going to such a store.
    Some MMOs do not want to release player numbers and staying away from Steam can help. But AoC will lock players to their servers, so the number of servers will be known.
  • Options

Gimme. Gimme Launcher Download Link. (lol)

Or should i run to Auntie Google ? x'D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I just installed the launcher again after these news. :smile:

sm9990qlfl8n.png

I am not sure if the launcher link is supposed to be shared outside the old A1 forums? Maybe @Vaknar or @Roshen can confirm either way.
  • Options
    Tell us what you see <3
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Tell us what you see <3

Oh it's just the same old launcher. I wanted the music :smile: Nothing new yet.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    First of all, as @NiKr said to answer the OP's question, Ashes of Creation will have it's own launcher :)
    Has Intrepid said anything about their outside of game plans for their games.

Will they just go through steam?
    Will they do a launcher like Bnet?
    Will they have some weird online system for your account like the Mog Station?

I know WoW is just a shadow of what it used to be, but I did really like the clean and easy game/account management of the Bnet launcher... Before Activision infected it anyways.

sm9990qlfl8n.png

I am not sure if the launcher link is supposed to be shared outside the old A1 forums? Maybe @Vaknar or @Roshen can confirm either way.

I recommend waiting patiently to be able to download the launcher. Even with the launcher downloaded, you won't be able to launch the game or access it unless you're deliberately given access.

Soon, many of us will be together in Verra during Alpha Two! <3 We just need to be patient :)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    @Vaknar go home you're drunk :D when did I become Talents? :D
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    @Vaknar go home you're drunk :D when did I become Talents? :D

He likes you more ;)
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    He likes you more ;)
    I meaaaan, who doesn't B)