Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Payment Model.

KarbuncleeKarbunclee Member
edited December 2023 in Support & FAQ
Hello. I've been an MMO player following Ashes of Creation's development for years. I live in Turkey and I am looking forward to the release date of the game. But unfortunately, there is a problem for me and many other Turkish MMO players, the dollar exchange rate in our country. Paying a $15 monthly fee would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for me and many other players. In this context, what I want to ask you is whether there is a possibility of adding a single payment option to your payment model. Because even if you apply local pricing, the monthly payment system will be quite challenging for the market of Turkey and other countries in this region. There are a lot of MMO players in Turkey waiting for your game to be released. For example, look at the number of views of this video. The Ashes of Creation conversations circulating on Discord servers are a separate issue. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAyzWBXD02k&list=PLzz_oLuET9fOX3zaYxYP-arNhpeJbSw1i

Comments

• Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited December 2023
    I feel you, but this argument sort of fails in a few aspects.

Modern games like AoC have a steep hardware hurdle, you need a pc that at least costs around 900 dollars in order to play the game.
    If you can afford the hardware and the internet access, you can afford the game.

Also AoC doesnt plan on releasing in the turkey or mena region, which means you are gonna have to play on the eu servers. I would imagine it beeing borderline impossible for intrepid to make eu peeps pay 12 euros and turkey peeps to pay 5 euros, when they are paying for the exact same service, connected to the exact same servers. It either forces intrepid to be really invasive when it comes to locating their customers, or like 80% of eu players would just create a account that looks like it comes from turkey and dodge the higher rate.

I feel like if there would be an easy solution, intrepid would do it.

edit:
    Quote: Certain regions will have "harmonized" subscription prices that better reflect their local economies. These regions will be segregated from other regions.

Basically means the demand from turkey needs to be big enough to warrant opening up a segregated publishing region.
  • Options
    SomethingWittySomethingWitty Member, Staff, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Greetings Karbunclee,

As arsnn mentioned, we do plan to have harmonized pricing for some regions with an economy with lower purchasing power. Those regions would be separate from the standard pricing regions, with no cross-play options.

I am locking this thread. Please feel free to make a new post if you have other questions.
    customer_support.gif
This discussion has been closed.