Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

character creator

ashoneashone Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
we all know that the alpha is due to hit sometime in Q3. We have been told that we WILL see the character creator before A2. Any guesses as to WHEN we will see the character creator??? (edited)

Comments

• Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited January 19
    The official wiki is helpful. Seems we dont have a date yet but here is the link. We have some of it in action but its not done.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Character_creator
  • Options
    Intrepid hasn’t said anything about “early access” to the character creator before Alpha2, ashone.

It’s pretty safe to say that it will be included in the rest of Alpha2 when the official testing dates are announced.
  • Options
    1 day b4 a2 xDD
  • Options
    This might sound snarky, but....

*YOU'RE* a character creator.

Enjoy your pre-Alpha status, while it lasts.

• Options
    ashone wrote: »
    character creator

I say what we all actually want to say, okay ? 😁

Dear Intrepid,
    Please give us a Character Creator Mode, Demo, Early Access, Alpha, etc. ;)

Please give us such a thing, hopefully like Six Weeks or so before Alpha Two starts - with the Ability to create all the Races that will be present in the Alpha Two. 🙂👍
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Wishful thinking haha
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited January 22
    we all know that the alpha is due to hit sometime in Q3. We have been told that we WILL see the character creator before A2. Any guesses as to WHEN we will see the character creator??? (edited)

We'll see it before Launch, I dunno about before Alpha-2.

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2022-04-01-development-update-with-alpha-two-character-creator
    About 10mins in:
    "One thing that we're going to be offering is people will be having access to the Character Creator before launch day, so they'll be able to create their character, spend time on it, save that character, and then have that ready to go immediately when launch day comes."

Sounds like a good question for this month's Q&A.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited January 22
    daveywavey wrote: »
    "One thing that we're going to be offering is people will be having access to the Character Creator before launch day, so they'll be able to create their character, spend time on it, save that character, and then have that ready to go immediately when launch day comes."

Well doesn't that sound nice, or doesn't that sound nice ?

I imagine one will only be able to "use" this Character Creator before Launch of Course, in case someone has bought the Game already.

But something this cool ? I like it. In Case People want to make their Characters ' PERFECTLY ' so as they planned : and then use H~ooouuurs inside the Character Creator,

( like they also do it for Example in Baldurs Gate Three ),

then it would be nice if they can use the Character Creator Days or Weeks before the Launch Day of the Game,

meaning they don't need to use One or Two Days or so during/after Launch until they are finally satisfied with how they made their Character.

Honestly i dunno how much of an "Advantage OR Disadvantage" it would give or take from Players, if the first People run around with their Characters like 1 Hours after Launch in their Country they live in,

-> while others do it for Example only first One or Two full Days later.

Will we see notorious Ganker-Folks emerge again ?? lol

Who POWERlevel their Characters first up to the Max ? Like in World of WoW-Token Craft ??

Only to then "farm" (gank) Lower Level Characters easily ? Giving them a Feeling of actual Might and Power, BEFORE the whole Server catches up to their Level and makes their Characters it's eternal punching bags forever ??

( i kid' you not. It happened with ONE. GUY. on the Server Dripyula and i played in WoW. That Dude could no longer show his Character anywhere anymore without whole RAIDS gathering to hunt him down, kill his Character - and camp/guard his Corpse for Hours on end. ) . 😆
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    But something this cool ? I like it. In Case People want to make their Characters ' PERFECTLY ' so as they planned : and then use H~ooouuurs inside the Character Creator,
    This is absolutely what I'd be doing.

Aszkalon wrote: »
    Honestly i dunno how much of an "Advantage OR Disadvantage" it would give or take from Players, if the first People run around with their Characters like 1 Hours after Launch in their Country they live in,

If your node has that extra hour on those around it, you've that little more of a chance of edging the higher node tiers.
    If you've been in-game longer, you've that little more of a chance of edging the freeholds by being first to level 50.

Steven's a competitive gamer, so he knows it makes the difference!
  • Options
    edited January 23

We'll see it before Launch, I dunno about before Alpha-2.

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2022-04-01-development-update-with-alpha-two-character-creator
    About 10mins in:

Sounds like a good question for this month's Q&A.

This is so awesome! I wonder if this is exclusive to people who bought the packs or for everyone X days/weeks before launch.
    I do hope we can save a template in character creation during A2 that we can later use at launch.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    I do hope we can save a template in character creation during A2 that we can later use at launch.

I think Steven has mentioned this being a thing for launch, but it would be really cool if that was already packaged in for Alpha 2. I’m sure plenty of people will spend ages in there if they can keep the results
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    HaruCharm wrote: »

I think Steven has mentioned this being a thing for launch, but it would be really cool if that was already packaged in for Alpha 2. I’m sure plenty of people will spend ages in there if they can keep the results

How many different looks on avatars have we seen on player chars? There must be some level of a char creator. It's just not fully baked.
  • Options
    ImmortalityImmortality Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Intrepid hasn’t said anything about “early access” to the character creator before Alpha2, ashone.

It’s pretty safe to say that it will be included in the rest of Alpha2 when the official testing dates are announced.

The community managers have said that it will be available before the launch of Alpha 2.
    Signature-management.gif
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They've said they aim to have it before A2 release. That's not a promise, that's a wish. A desire. Doesn't mean it'll happen, even if I hope it does.

• Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    They've said they aim to have it before A2 release. That's not a promise, that's a wish. A desire. Doesn't mean it'll happen, even if I hope it does.

Welp. The only thing all of us can do then, is making big puppy-Eyes and ask Sir Steven and his mighty Crew for it, every now and then. 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options

The community managers have said that it will be available before the launch of Alpha 2.

Thanks for the update. That’s good news.
  • Options
    ted-lasso-jason-sudeikis.gif
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    We'd love to have the character creator available before Alpha Two! The team is hard at work on it. We'll have more updates to share in the future, as we get closer to A2's Q3 release <3
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »
    We'd love to have the character creator available before Alpha Two! The team is hard at work on it. We'll have more updates to share in the future, as we get closer to A2's Q3 release <3

I need it so I can go through https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Intrepid_Studios#Staff and make every one of you :D
  • Options

... ... ... the "true List" of the Gods of Verra ... ... ... :D ... ... :-P

Am i to understand you give your best to make Characters based on the Looks of the Developers ? 😁

That would be a bit funny - and also a bit wholesome. How well would You be able to re-create them ? ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Hope there will be premaid characters or a proper random generator.
  • Options
    Ehrgeiz wrote: »

Hallöchen Ehrgeiz. ;) . * knuff *

I have seen the Character Creator of " Enshrouded ". I am firmly convinced, every Character Creator should have somewhat distinct BASE-TYPES of every Race of Ashes of Creation.

Brighter - and dark-skinned types of for Example :smile:
    - Kae'lar
    - Empyrian
    - Dunir
    - Hippie-Dwarfs
    - Orc-troll looking like People
    - Orc-"Orc"-looking like People,
    - Cool Desert-looking People,

etc.

Same For : Men and Women /Male and Female looking

Same For : Old and Young looking

etc.

I think i don't even sound or seem to "greedy", or "to demanding", when i hope and say the Game should have this.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options

And prebutlers. Every home should have one.

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited January 29
    AnimusRex wrote: »

And prebutlers. Every home should have one.

I wonder if i as a Necromancer can have a cool, stylish Skeleton Butler ? ;) . B)

Like " Alice ", from the Bhaalbuddy Comics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDAL3u-0NBQ

( If someone notices how busty later/Adult Alice is drawn, i have you know Baalbuddy enjoys drawing often in very thicc, erotic types of Art - and i wonder if it WAS(?) him ... ... ? ... ... i think he described himself as a "recovering Coomer" for awhile.

Meaning he is recovering from an unhealthy, excessive Lifestyle and Amount of masturbating. This might be the Reason so many of his female Characters have Bodies of absolute Lust- and/or Fertility-Goddesses. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1klvOfpwYk

So.
    Why did i link this Second Video ? And after all this Explaining above ? Easy. I am one of those Fans of Baalbuddy's Comics, who also thought of it pretty wholesome and moving to finally see " Skeleton Butler / Undead Number 1 " again, after such a long time of waiting between Baalbuddy's Comics. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png