Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Tuesday, April 30, 2024 at 11am Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited May 1 in Announcements
04-2024_Q_and_A__2_.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream featuring an Alpha Two Night-time Lighting & Wand Weapon Combo Preview will be Tuesday, April 30, 2024 at 11am Pacific! Click here to convert this to your local time.

If you have a question for our team, then you’re in the right place! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer during the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below - the more direct, and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Friday, April 26, 2024 at 11am Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
🌖🧙‍♀️ Catch our full April Development Update to see the latest changes coming to Verra!

https://youtu.be/FYtlpyjtapM?si=AzG8n3KEZRfxLU6T
community_management.gif

Comments

• Options
    TenguruTenguru Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How much of the lore can players expect to learn throughout Alpha-2?
  • Options
    edited April 19
    Are Economic nodes and In-node marketplaces’ still planned to be available at the launch of A2, and thus, will players have access to the personal shops and Player Stalls feature for testing?
  • Options
    RoubiRoubi Member
    edited April 19
    Do you guys have any plans for biome wide meta events that encourage all the nodes to work together to overcome a pinnacle multi-raid level threat that is the culmination of the regions wider narrative?
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 19
    How would a dual wield Fighter feel different from a two handed Fighter visually and in gameplay? (or any archetype/weapon)
  • Options
    SonicXplosionSonicXplosion Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 19
    Can we get more clarification on how biomes are classified? For example, would the Jundark be considered 1 biome or 2, since it includes both a forest area and a mountain area.
  • Options
    SnowElfSnowElf Member
    edited April 29
    When alpha 2 goes live during Q3, will the cosmetic account rewards from pack purchases be available at the time for alpha players to access? Namely the cosmetic player outfits or possibly even mounts.
    I am obsessed with anything magic.

• Options
    anarcxanarcx Member
    How will Ashes of Creation effectively address the challenge of sustaining an engaging player experience
    when one or multiple servers experience a significant decrease in population density, thereby impacting
    the core gameloop's functionality, especially when server merging is unfeasible due to the constraints
    of a dynamic server node system?
  • Options
    RattieRattie Member
    edited April 19
    I'm curious about the potential for a piracy mechanic in Ashes of Creation. In games like ArcheAge, players could become hostile to everyone, unable to join non-pirate guilds and had their own Pirate island, Can you share if Ashes of Creation will include a similar piracy feature?
  • Options
    Will there be any systems in place to support single/casual players in finding parties for group content (e.g. dungeon finder, recruitment chats)? Will these playstyles be viable in the open world, or will you be dependent on constantly finding players to group with? As someone with limited time to play I'm worried of being unable to progress through a vast majority of content without spending a lot of that time looking for a party
  • Options
    ImmortalityImmortality Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 19
    Are you guys still on track to get Alpha 2 out in Q3?
    Signature-management.gif
  • Options
    FalkathFalkath Member
    What stops a player from an enemy node to bid (with the backing of his guild / node) on your economic node mayoral election just to grief if he gets elected ?
  • Options
    You mentioned an elected mayor can give insider information on upcoming commissions. What prevents a mayor offering very high rewards for very low returns? Would this syphon off node resources and be open to abuse?
  • Options
    LloydLloyd Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will open-world dungeons have a negative feedback loop for those who are "bussing" or "carrying" dungeons for lower level players?
    cevs5u9i2f1s.png
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Current Member of the Gray Sentinels.
  • Options
    NorththemageNorththemage Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will fusion (lightning + fire) interaction just be damage based upon the removal of conflag? Are there any plans to have mage elemental interactions end in CC type effects e.g. shatter might cause a brief stun whereas melt (frozen + fire) might cause additional damage?
  • Options
    DrooobDrooob Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will the light level affect combat effectiveness? Like mischance is increased if you don't have a sufficient light source near by or in hand (lantern). Or have a fog of war effect, so you won't see NPCs or players as far away as you would mid day, stuff like that.
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    my question is, why are the updates just repeats on things we have already seen, i understand things update but we have seen wands almost every single showcase, when will we see something new? the rogue? the summoner? different weapon types ie the staff, Naval combat, secondary classes, etc. If we are this close to A2 please show us something we have not seen
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited April 20
    In the last livestream we got to see a new icon/item next to the artisan tools on the character page, which was a missing slot before.

unbgpbswqwdx.jpeg

My question is, what is it about? Is that something new, does it belong to an artisan profession or maybe is it a mechanic to open up chests in dungeons, essentially forcing players to go back to town every now and then in order to get a fresh key?
  • Options
    DrizzelDrizzel Member
    edited April 19
    Are Economic nodes and in-node marketplaces, aswell as personal shops or player stalls, still planned to be available at the launch of alpha 2?
  • Options
    -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    edited April 19
    Can players choose their starting weapon or does every archetype have their own predetermined starting weapon?
  • Options
    If corruption is very penalizing causing players to seldomly go corrupted, are there alternate objectives available for bounty hunters?
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    WateruWateru Member
    edited April 19
    Are Economic nodes and In node marketplaces still planned to be available at the launch of alpha 2, and therefore, do players have access to the personal shops and Player Stalls feature for testing?
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    What lvl are the mobs in npc-occupied castles?
  • Options
    GanjuiGanjui Member
    edited April 19
    Could you provide details about the expected weapon list for the start of Alpha 2?
  • Options
    GilgameshGilgamesh Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How many nodes can we expect to be present at the start of Alpha 2?
  • Options
    I've received some mixed messaging about the following question. In the February Q&A I was told you were interested in the question, but didn't have time, so to ask again next time. In March I was just directed to a wiki page that doesn't answer the question. I'm not really sure what to make of that, so I'm just going to ask again:

Are there plans for any class or archetype abilities that allow a player to create illusions of themselves for the purpose of misdirection or trickery?
  • Options
    andyffsandyffs Member
    Are Economic nodes and in node marketplaces still planned to be available at the launch of alpha 2, and therefore, do players have access to the personal shops and Player Stalls feature for testing?
  • Options
    MonsMons Member
    edited April 20
    We know events can be triggered by various conditions being met in the world, will some events also be triggered primarily from how players interact with each other in the world? For example, a popular naval trade route where a lot of PvP occurs causing a flying dutchman type ghost ship event or drowned undead to wash up on shore due to the amount of player deaths at sea?
    gm2lx0jfbjvd.png
  • Options
    DrungleDrungle Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When might we see a preview of the rogue? Development wise, what percentiles would you say each archetype is at in preparation for Alpha 2 (just ballpark)?
  • Options
    What's the status of our favorite little guys, the battle pets? Are they still a planned feature?