Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Stonewall Service- Caravan Gaurd Guild

I'm looking for people who would be interested in forming a caravan guard service. Naturally without the game in our hands this is more of an idea on paper. But with pvp zones around these caravans its going to be a little difficult to get like minded motivational people to assist in the transport of goods for a reasonable price. This is where we come in. We guard caravans for a percentage of the goods and an upfront fee. If we get big enough we can ensure a reasonable amount of income for all parties involved.

Comments

• Options
    I think it's a pretty interesting idea that could have some serious benefits. I might be interested
  • Options
    As Boiling said its a pretty interesting idea, I'm really interested!
  • Options
    This sounds like a great business idea that could be very profitable. I am interested to do this when we get the game!
  • Options
    Sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to join :)
  • Options
    [quote quote=1040]I’m looking for people who would be interested in forming a caravan guard service. Naturally without the game in our hands this is more of an idea on paper. But with pvp zones around these caravans its going to be a little difficult to get like minded motivational people to assist in the transport of goods for a reasonable price. This is where we come in. We guard caravans for a percentage of the goods and an upfront fee. If we get big enough we can ensure a reasonable amount of income for all parties involved.

[/quote]

Love it.
  • Options
    Sounds like it would be fun =)
  • Options
    Ey!!!

I like it, Great Idea!!!

Congrats & Lucky with Guild

Regards!!!
  • Options
    In down to join if this gets started up sounds like a lot of fun o.o
  • Options
    Cool awesome to see the interest this generated Im starting to draft out a set of "rules/tenants" for the guild, mostly they boil down to don't steal from guild members do the job you are paid for yada yada but im pretty sure these will be easy rules to follow in most scenarios [but it is still a very tentative list]

1) If you accept a job be there for it
    -We will do our best to commit to schedules with the employer and post the job on a bounty board, if you accept the job it's courteous to be there for it.

2) Never commit banditry on your kin
    -Do not rob the caravans we guard, do not extort the client or the stonewall service, do not sell information to other guilds

3) Be honest with your shortcomings
    -The stonewall service is not a service of heroes or gods, we all have shortcomings, never take a job you don't think you can handle

4) Never take a job alone
    -Always go as a group

5) Till destruction or completion
    -Guard the caravan until its destruction, or completion of its journey, don't "AFK"
  • Options
    I think that is a brilliant start to a set a rules. I'm really looking forward to meeting you ingame and getting this thing rolling.
  • Options
    Nice set of rules! What server will this guild end up being on, or what did you have in mind?
  • Options
    You've got my attention , interesting concept and something I can get into but it sounds like quite the task to get it off the ground. I'll keep my eyes and ears open as the game comes along , cheers.
  • Options
    I don't really have a server in mind at this time

[quote quote=1463]Nice set of rules! What server will this guild end up being on, or what did you have in mind?

[/quote]
    I don't have a set server in mind yet, but as soon as I do ill post it up on this board :)
  • Options
    I am very interested.
  • Options
    I'll be looking forward to it. I'll have to correct myself a bit though, I meant region and not server. I know that I'll likely end up playing on the EU server.
  • Options
    Good idea :D So interesting O:
  • Options
    Great idea! Love the name and the rules look easy to follow, I'll be looking forward to join when the game comes out.
  • Options
    hey bloomin you should post in the guild recruitment section of the AoC Discord page.

https://discordapp.com/channels/256164085366915072/270247925794209793
  • Options
    I'm genuinely surprised so many people are interested in making a guild dedicated to protecting caravans. I figured it'd be the same as Silkroad Online where for every 1 Hunter there was like 20 Thieves because every edge lord wants to be a bandit. Count me in, if you ever get this guild up and running.

Would it be NA or EU?
  • Options
    Probably NA, but (wishful thinking) if we get a great model It would be awesome to get an eu branch opened up ^_^
  • Options
    I'm very interested in this concept. Should also provide for some dynamic gameplay.
  • Options
    Ah, that's a shame about the NA region, since I'll be playing on EU ;-;
  • Options
    [quote quote=2678]Ah, that’s a shame about the NA region, since I’ll be playing on EU ;-;

[/quote]

No you all should come play on AU/Sea!
  • Options
    I'm quite interested, though I thought about going solo. I'll keep an eye out for this guild.

[quote quote=2690]<blockquote><div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/the-stonewall-service-caravan-gaurd-guild/page/2/#post-2678" rel="nofollow">BraneGames wrote:</a></div>
    Ah, that’s a shame about the NA region, since I’ll be playing on EU ;-;

</blockquote>
    No you all should come play on AU/Sea!

[/quote]Sorry guys, I'll be on the NA region. =\
  • Options
    Nice idea! Hope to see something like this in EU too!
  • Options
    I really like this idea!
    Count me in when this guild will start taking shape.
  • Options
    Heyo! So I have a question, not as a potential recruit, but as another possible Guild leader! Would you be willing (If it works out the way it seems to be going) to accept a "contract?" I'm going to try and put together a Crafters' Guild and realized that we'll need to move mass amounts of materials, due to the Node system, and remembered Stonewall. I figured that it may be beneficial to both sides if we made some kind of deal. If you don't think it'd work out, just let me know!

Ciao!
    RedNovember
  • Options
    Heck yeah dude, if stonewall gets off the ground we would be more than happy to accept jobs from your guild :) again without the game its a lot of speculation, but hey it would be super beneficial to work closely with a crafting guild. Especially if we have a nice pool of weapons and armor to shop through :) As Tremonti I'm pleasantly surprised how many people were on board with this ^_^
  • Options
    [quote quote=2089]I’m genuinely surprised so many people are interested in making a guild dedicated to protecting caravans. I figured it’d be the same as Silkroad Online where for every 1 Hunter there was like 20 Thieves because every edge lord wants to be a bandit. Count me in, if you ever get this guild up and running.

Would it be NA or EU?

[/quote]
    It'll probably be na bruddah but like you I am happily surprised as well :) Ill chime ya in if we get the ball rolling ^_^
  • Options
    Two things...
    1. I may be interested in joining the guild. If black smithing or running a Tavern doesn't work out. I'm above average at most forms of pvp
    2. If I don't join would you consider a contract where you guard some of my caravans for a discount and I sell you items at a discount.