Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Item binding?

Anyone know if there will be binding of items?
What scope of items?
To characters, accounts, whatever?

Coming from a game where major items bind to character, I can suggest that sometimes players like to switch things up and having items bound to specific characters can be a sore spot. If binding is going to be a thing, please consider account binding over character binding, as a convenience for players.

Comments

• Options
    [quote quote=10945]Anyone know if there will be binding of items?
    What scope of items?
    To characters, accounts, whatever?

Coming from a game where major items bind to character, I can suggest that sometimes players like to switch things up and having items bound to specific characters can be a sore spot. If binding is going to be a thing, please consider account binding over character binding, as a convenience for players.

[/quote]

That information is not out yet.
  • Options
    The highest degree of pvp ganking wil make you drop all your items when u die.
  • Options
    I hope not Fleelix :)
  • Options
    [quote quote=10972]The highest degree of pvp ganking wil make you drop all your items when u die.

[/quote]
    Steven confirmed this in discord yesterday (Sunday 23-Apr) but didn't go into details.

Begs all kinds of questions;

No BOA/BOE gear?
    Code that resets the BOA/BOE flags when dropped by highly corrupted players?
    Duplicates dropped instead of the originals (but then that would be no penalty)?

And many more.
  • Options
    Degrees of ganking/flagging, eh?

So, if you drop *everything* then that suggests that everything is unbound?

I'm used to some 'personal', long term items in my current mmo. Things you start via quest and then spend months grinding out to complete. So I'd guess that there wont be items like that in AoC then?
  • Options
    [quote quote=10985]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/item-binding/#post-10972" rel="nofollow">Fleelix wrote:</a></div>
    The highest degree of pvp ganking wil make you drop all your items when u die.

</blockquote>
    Steven confirmed this in discord yesterday (Sunday 23-Apr) but didn’t go into details.

Begs all kinds of questions;

No BOA/BOE gear?
    Code that resets the BOA/BOE flags when dropped by highly corrupted players?
    Duplicates dropped instead of the originals (but then that would be no penalty)?

And many more.

[/quote]

What BOA? What BOE? O_o
  • Options
    [quote quote=10997]
    What BOA? What BOE? O_o

[/quote]

Bind on Account and Bind on Equip. BOP (Bind on Pickup) is also a thing.
  • Options
    [quote quote=11002]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/item-binding/#post-10997" rel="nofollow">aeunexcore wrote:</a></div>
    What BOA? What BOE? O_o

</blockquote>
    Bind on Account and Bind on Equip. BOP (Bind on Pickup) is also a thing.

[/quote]

Oh! Word. xD