Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Flagging system suggestions

Right now I feel the flagging system isn't entirely up to snuff to combat player killing. Primarily, the problem is that players who defend themselves get combatant flag status. I feel this encourages, at the very least, weakness in regards to self-defense, because the penalties are much steeper for the player killer if the person they're pking doesn't fight back.

I suggest adding a fourth flag (which I've personally titled "Defender", though the name can be changed) that gives similar death penalty losses as combatant, but is applied only when a non-combatant is attacked first and chooses to fight back rather than stand there and accept a ganking. However, the status should be changed back to non-combatant upon the end of combat with no down time other than what the system takes to register combat status, to prevent people from abusing the fourth flag too much.