Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Player Support - Suggestion

I see threads in forums for every game about player support for everything from cosmetic issues to throwing down the ban hammer on gold farmers/botters.

I would like to suggest that we have a first tier player support made up of entirely volunteers with an overseer that is an employee of Ashes of Creation. These volunteers could handle stuck players, run guide events, answer questions, watch chat, investigate claims of botters and report findings to overseer, and anything else that would not need the intervention of a game master. This is the system UO had and it was highly successful. We just could not be a blue robe on a shard we played on. Some of the blue robes were offered paid positions as red robes after quite a while being a volunteer.

I am offering to volunteer now and get the ball rolling.

Badleprechaun

Comments

• Options
    Are we talking about for the forums, or the discord or the game itself? We have Mods for the discord channels, and when the game releases there will be active GMs who will (hopefully) keep control.
  • Options
    I am speaking for in the game itself. Tier 1 support manned by volunteers can free up game masters to deal with more serious matters. Everquest 1 had volunteer support as well.

Badleprechaun